• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

OH.... MY.... GAWD!!!!!!!

*dies*

wut? I think we should petition EA to rename this game to SimCity David ;D

Joe

EDITWell, Joe, welcome to the Double-0 Club again.  It's either amazing coincidence, or you are remarkably focused- your first time in was for post #3,400.  Here we are, 3,400 posts later, and blammo!  Here you are! -DE 
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat

argah argha ummm dargh adrgdh ummmm yea ooo WOW!!! OK WOW!!!  Did I say WOW???  Yuppers I did say WOW and btw David if you didnt catch that I did say WOW!!

Ohh Joe I think it should most defintly be something along the lines of.................

EDIT: Joe congrats on your double 00 and what a weird ringer that one is lol.... 3400 then 6800 hmmm kinda funnie!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BarbyW

Catching up once again ::) You continue to amaze me with your innovations. Now all I need are your plopperized fences - yes I could do them but why re-invent the wheel $%Grinno$%?
Pine trees? What pine tree?  ::)
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Albus of Garaway

Wow, that looks great, although I doubt my hand will be steady enough to plop one of those. I can barely get the telephone poles in a straight line!

penguin007

I love all the work you're doing at the moment David. The dirt road smooth curves look great.

I used the new STR beta also today but although it looks great it really slowed down the game for me. Is there a tunnel you're working on for it also?

Awesome work as always

Will

Jonathan

Will that is probably because the LHD paths haven't been included, thanks as I had forgotten about LHD, and I haven't heard much about them so far.

David, that is amazing!! I wish I had the same talent as you, for both modding and playing the game :thumbsup:

Jonathan

metarvo

What will be next?  Will it be ploppable streetlights, houses, or barns?  Who knows what it will be, but I'm ready for whatever it is.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

sithlrd98

Great job again...I'm not sure which is more unbelievable....the stuff you are doing , or the speed at which you are doing these and juggling R/L !

I'm also thinking the game should be re-named , just can't think of a deserving enough title!

also , can't wait to see what idea you were talking about for my project!

Jayson

Battlecat

Oh my, that is really cool.  Plopable fencing is a very interesting idea.  I've spent enough time on the power poles to know how much more trouble the fences would be.  Still, I'd love to get my hands on those!  Can't wait to see what you'll come up with next!

Glazert

If the first picture David posted in reply #6781 is SAM-3 then not only am I impressed by the 45° degree wide curve (actually 135°) but even more by the diagonal SAM which I understood was not possible (yet). Of course, it might be the  same texture as road and I would still be very impressed.

io_bg

Words cannot express my feelings and thoughts...

Quote from: Glazert on February 18, 2009, 12:46:53 PM
If the first picture David posted in reply #6781 is SAM-3 then not only am I impressed by the 45° degree wide curve (actually 135°) but even more by the diagonal SAM which I understood was not possible (yet). Of course, it might be the  same texture as road and I would still be very impressed.
Glazert, diagonal SAM is possible and I think it has always been possible ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

wes.janson

Diagonal SAM streets became available in version 3.0 I believe.

It was the special surprise if I recall correctly.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

Ryan B.

Wow, David -

I'm flabbergasted, dumbfounded, and any other word over 8 letters long that is a synonym of 'surprised'.

That's truly great work . . . I will never buy another SimCity game.

EDITRyan, I pulled your remark about the situation surrounding the Flight 3407 memorial services as being better suited for an opinion forum other than SC4D.  While I agree with the sentiments you expressed wholeheartedly, I try to keep that from affecting my interpretation of jeroni's rules here.  For those of you who read this edit and are wondering what's up, you should PM Ryan and have him explain to you privately- thanks for understanding. -DE

OP EDITDavid, agreed on all counts.  Thank you for your consideration and explanation.

JoeST

hey, look at that, 2 double oh's... I swear I wasnt trying for them

$%Grinno$%

cant wait for more amazing stuff david :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

dedgren

So here's something that's a bit of fun...

Chris's (chrisadams3997) great Rural Renewal Project fences are on invisible lots.  That's just fine sometimes, but can constrain you to the grid as well as invoking unwanted wealth textures appearing along your country roads and rails.  You generally can't plop further stuff on the base lot.  Plus, you can only get them just so close up to the roads they run alongside of.

A trip through the Plopperizer™ changes everything.

I know you can get them closer than that, even.  But, hey...  They are a challenge to get used to, as the first plop goes in blind, but you have seven additional clicks to nudge the fence piece into place.  I got to the point in a few minutes where I could place a fenceline pretty much plop, plop, plop.

So here's some quick doodles of what you can do with these.

The RRP fences, which can be downloaded here [download linkie] are a dependency.  The Plopperized™ version can be downloaded from the 3RREX here [download linkie].

Enjoy!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Orange_o_

Once again, a very good work david

but the second link is defective

EDITThanks so much, my friend.  Not any more. -DE

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

owlsinger

New toys! These fences are great - I was just playing with them a few days ago, trying to work around the wealth texture issue. Thank you for doing this!

Kendra
'Luminous beings are we..'  - Yoda

'Hints of Gold'
by Jasmine Becket-Griffith

io_bg

Great work!!! Thanks for releasing these!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Glazert

Silly me! When I re-installed SAM I somehow or other managed to install v2. Now that I have installed v3 I can see how much better the curve to diagonal would be.

Now, if I manage to install the ploppable fences properly, I will be able to explore them.

kimcar

&apls &apls Another must . Thanks my friend . You do an excellent work for ths community and the game.  :thumbsup: