• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frdrcklim

Whoa. It's been a while since I was here. Looks like there's always something new for you David :D.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

LE0

Leoland coming Spring 2009

Battlecat

Woohoo!  Can't wait to start using these fences.  Thanks for releasing them, they're a great idea!   

dedgren

And here's a Thursday treat...

Quite a ways back, I showed a few pics of one of Chris's (chrisadams3997) rural culverts modified so that the business end could be plopped into "game" water.  I then promptly forgot that I had done that and moved on.

I was adding some last detail to a collaboration quad the other day and stumbled across the culvert again.  This morning, I cobbled up a menu icon and otherwise made it user-friendly.

It's now on the 3RREX here [linkie].  All credit to Chris for the wonderful BATting job on the culvert.  Let me know if you'd like the diagonal version to be done as well.

I also forgot to return to the little contest we started right around the start of this month.  My plan was to have folks guess when 3RR would roll a quarter-million page views on the old odometer.

Things were busy then, and I never got around to the usual follow up.  There were, because of that, just a few guesses.

I'll restart the contest from here, as we're now less than 9,000 views away.  We'll ignore all previous guesses, so that everyone can have a fresh start.  The time for guessing will cut off when we hit 245,000 page views so that later entries won't gain an advantage.  The usual rules- one guess per 3RR Regular* and no editing a post once the guess is posted.  The winner will be the person who gives the closest date and time (use Alaska Standard Time, which is GMT -9).  I'll give you a little help, too- during this month so far my calculator tells me that we've had an average of 718.91891891891891891891891891892 page views per day.  You might, though, want to take a look at a recent trend that I've noted a few posts back.

As I said before, the Regular making the closest guess will figure prominently in the birthday festivities planned for March 12th.  I'll do a chart with each post coming up.

Later.

David

*  A 3RR Regular is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma... no, wrong speech.  A 3RR Regular is anyone who has posted at least once here or over at 3RR-ST.

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

FrankU

David,

Your latest additions ()testing() me!

One guess for the 250.000 views: March 1st at 9h14m36s.

Thank you!

Korot

Well, let me be the first guesser. It is now around 20.00h 19-02-'09 (GMT+1) over here, making it 10.00h in Alaska, so you're up early (I got up this morning at 11 am). My guess is based on roughly 1,000 page views a day, for that, with 9,000 views to go (98 less, actually) it would be in 10 days, so it will be (I hope) at 10.00 am on the first of March 2009 Alaskan time (GMT-9).

Greetings,
Korot

TheTeaCat

Fabulous work as always David  &apls &apls
Wonderful doodling too :thumbsup:

My guess will be 2nd March 15.00hrs AST.

Hopefully that should be about it :D

Just about to stick kettle on - Fancy a brew.

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

JoeST

yo david, they are awesome.

just wondering if you remember that pm I sent you? about the download listing script.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

io_bg

I'm speechless again.... &apls &apls &apls
Edit: And my guess is 28th February
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Ennedi

...And I was just going to lower the sea level and plop the culvert...
:D :D :D

Thank you David! You are the best! :thumbsup:

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

BarbyW

Now to see if I have a steady enough hand for plopping the fences ::) This could be interesting but I shall not show pictures of my progress or lack thereof.
Thank you for these and the culvert into game water. Something that we have lacked for a long time is a connection from plopped to ingame water and this should do the trick.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

girlfromverona

Great work, David! I'm looking forward to trying out these two new wonderful additions. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us next - it's always a pleasant surprise!  ;D

My guess for 250,000 page views is: March 2nd at 4pm

Sheep49

Yay! An icon-ized Chrisadams' culvert! *downloads from 3RREX*

Anyway, those icons are really cool, as does the culvert itself. Now I have to make sure that I'm going to use them with fabulous JRJ Transparent Water in some of my Rural areas ;)

Hmmm... Only 9,000 views left to 250,000? My guess that this will happen on the 1st of March, 5 PM Alaskan Time (GMT-9) ;)

Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

Pat

David wow!!! What more can I say but WOW!!!!  OK now how did you get the rocks to stack up like that???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

sithlrd98

Ya know , since your Plopperizing™ most of Chrisadams stuff...what about the trails?  :P Thanks for doing these!

My guess is March 3rd 3 pm (Alaska time) 7 EST

Jayson

Glazert

David, I know you were talking about "a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma", but I guess you didn't mean it as a sort of test to put the plopable culvert on the 3RREX as "ploppable fences". I suspect the dreaded cut-and-paste gremlin. It didn't stop me from downloading it, and I look forward to trying it out over the weekend.

EDITAnother 3RR Fact Checker joins the ranks!  Fixed, my friend. -DE

LE0

Leoland coming Spring 2009

metarvo

I'm going with February 26th at 8 p.m. Alaska Standard Time.  It is the closest without going over, right?  By the way, that culvert is impressive as always.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

CCFC

I guess February 25th at 7:30PM Eastern time for 250k page views.

:3 Proud to be a 3RR Regular and SimCity 4 Fanatic :3

kimcar

&apls &apls Great work with the culverts my friend. Very nice the render. I also vote for March 1 at 10.00 am . Why ? Cause it`s my birthday and i will be on my pc around that hour.  ;D Hope so. Take care  :thumbsup: