• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Driftmaster07:  The El-RHW-2 is currently in development.  I'm going to assume it will be included within the next two releases.

One new addition I'd like to see:

Diagonal MIS/avenue intersection texture.

Simple, but useful.

Tarkus

The ERHW-2 is indeed planned, but it's more than likely going to be the release after the next.

And Haljackey, I like that idea . . . it'd come in handy for me as well.  ;)

-Alex

KoV Liberty

OK. Also will more El-RHW (6s, 6c, etc.) be included in the next update?

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

daeley

1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

debutterfly

Quote from: Haljackey on June 07, 2009, 07:45:58 PM

One new addition I'd like to see:

Diagonal MIS/avenue intersection texture.

Simple, but useful.

I was thinking the same thing.  :thumbsup: It would also be nice to have diagonal-MIS to ortho-road. ;) Alex, will turn-lanes for MIS be in the next release?  ::)

-Larry (debutterfly)

metasmurf

My wishlist for next RHW version

RHW2 Curves
RHW2+1 with Curves
RHW2+1 On/offramps
RHW2 roundabout (like the small road roundabout)
RHW4 Roundabout (same as AVE but different textures)
MIS Road T intersection
MIS Curves

riiga

Quote from: metasmurf on June 08, 2009, 12:27:28 PM
My wishlist for next RHW version

RHW2 Curves
RHW2+1 with Curves
RHW2+1 On/offramps
MIS Road T intersection
MIS Curves

Seconded! This is exactly what I'm hoping for.

- riiga

mtg

QuoteMy wishlist for next RHW version

RHW2 Curves
RHW2+1 with Curves
RHW2+1 On/offramps
MIS Road T intersection
MIS Curves

Seconded! This is exactly what I'm hoping for.

Yes! and don't forget mis over mis over rhw4 or double elevated mis or how ever you call it

CityMaster563

I also have a wishlist for the next version:
Elevated RHW 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10.
Maxis Highway over RHW puzzle pieces.
Wide Radius RHW 2 , 6, 8, and 10 curves.
RHW 6, 8, and 10 bridges.
RHW over El RHW Pieces.
RHW 12.
Diagonal Starter pieces.
Can the diagonal RHW 6, 8, and 10 be draggable?
whole 90 degree wide radius curves, not just 45 degrees.
I always wondered, Why can't we just plop the entrance and exit ramps for all types of highways?
Instead of RHW 6 entrance ramp, or RHW 8 Exit Ramp, how about one type of ramp that works for RHW 4, 6, 8 and 10? Widening the highways would be a lot easier because I don't have to tear down all the ramps.
That's what I hope to see in the next version. ;D
Coastland Region: The SC4 Story:
http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/4478-coastland-region-the-sc4-
story/
The story of two major counties, Ashville and Coastland, battle out to have an individual city reach 1 million sims, but a major storm destroys one city, and a major. What will now happen?
Coming soon: SimCity 4, Full 3D Art (a museum tour)

Ryan B.

CityMaster:  Alex (Tarkus) and his RHW team are some of the best transit modders this game's ever seen.  They've done many great things, and have more up their sleeve.  However, there are some things they just can't do, some of which are on your list there.

Don't get high expectations - you're likely to be let down if you set the bar too high.

CityMaster563

I know, they are just ideas. So which of my ideas aren't possible?
Coastland Region: The SC4 Story:
http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/4478-coastland-region-the-sc4-
story/
The story of two major counties, Ashville and Coastland, battle out to have an individual city reach 1 million sims, but a major storm destroys one city, and a major. What will now happen?
Coming soon: SimCity 4, Full 3D Art (a museum tour)

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: CityMaster563 on June 08, 2009, 07:11:17 PM
I know, they are just ideas. So which of my ideas aren't possible?

Just guessing, but here's what I think probably isn't possible:

Draggable diagonal wider RHWs (i.e. 6S/C, 8, 10)
All-purpose ramp pieces
RHW over Elevated RHW (this is really a semantic issue - RHW without any modifiers = ground RHW, which obviously can only go under elevated networks)
Quite possibly, RHW-6S & -8 bridges, and definitely RHW-6C bridges

In addition, I have the following comments on other items on your wishlist:

You include Elevated RHW-4, which already exists (albeit in limited form). If you mean that you want expanded El-RHW possibilities, Alex has already posted teasers on previous pages of things the El-RHW will be able to do in v4.0.
Alex and the other RHW modders have already decided that RHWs wider than the RHW-10 will not be made.
Having smooth 90-degree curves isn't really necessary, since you can use a pair of smooth 45-degree curves to do the same thing. If you want them to take up less space, we run into a realism issue - how big are real highways' turning radii?

I don't want to sound like a party-pooper; it's just that some things are beyond even the awesome abilities of Alex & Co. Nevertheless, I also hope for certain additions to this mod that might not be possible until v5.0 or later. You just never know, especially now that we so rarely see any progress updates. Improvements are definitely coming to the RHW - just keep waiting and it'll come eventually!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Ryan B.

Zach's right.  I almost forgot to mention the NAM Team's quasi-official motto:

"We like to surprise people."

Blue Lightning

Well, as Ryan and Zach have said above,

a: Some things just arent possible.
b: We love to suprise people ;)
c: Wider RHW's will probably not be made.
d: One-puzzle-piece-for-all pieces are not possible.
e: Theres enough stuff to do for us to make for a few years, let alone a few months.

We do really try our best to make these mods, but remember, even our skills have limits. RL can also be a big factor. We all lead regular lives that we have to take care of. But be assured that we will keep on churning out our work.

BTW, RHW6C bridges are next to impossible (but possibly [just barely] possible) due to the fact that its a 3 tiler. Bridges can only be 1 or 2 tiles.

Regards,
Vince
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Tarkus

I think Vince and Zach summed stuff quite well, but I may as well add my own "line item" input on the wishlists as well.  I've been probably a bit too quiet here. :D

metasmurf
RHW2 Curves--Will be in Release 4.
RHW2+1 with Curves--Orthogonal prototype is built, some work done on diagonals, but still needs a little work.  Release 5 at the earliest.
RHW2+1 On/offramps--Release 5-6, most likely.
RHW2 roundabout (like the small road roundabout)--Not planned--scaling would be a bit small.
RHW4 Roundabout (same as AVE but different textures)--Not planned, though RHW connectivity with Avenue Roundabouts is planned for a future release.
MIS Road T intersection--Will be in Release 4.
MIS Curves--Will be in Release 4.

CityMaster563
Elevated RHW 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10--Will not be in Release 4, but planned for a future release.
Maxis Highway over RHW puzzle pieces--Puzzle pieces are not planned, but draggable underpasses will be phased in beginning with Release 4.
Wide Radius RHW 2 , 6, 8, and 10 curves--RHW-2 curves will be in Release 4, Wider RHW curves will not, but are planned for a future release.
RHW 6, 8, and 10 bridges--6S, 8 and 10 under development, will be in a future release.  6C bridges appear to be impossible, though.
RHW over El RHW Pieces--Not possible--how can you have a ground network over an elevated network? :D
RHW 12--Not planned.
Diagonal Starter pieces--Planned, may or may not be in Release 4.
diagonal RHW 6, 8, and 10 draggable--Under development, Release 5 at earliest.
whole 90 degree wide radius curves, not just 45 degrees--RHW-2 and MIS 90-curves planned for Release 4.  Not planned for other networks on grounds of realism.
I always wondered, Why can't we just plop the entrance and exit ramps for all types of highways?--Network overrides on puzzle pieces appear to be impossible, unfortunately.

I still don't have an entirely firm idea for what Release 4 will contain.  It may end up being relatively small, simply to keep the ball rolling.  I've got a bit of an RL patch coming up myself as well.

At the very least, jmvl's new ramp interface and transition pieces will be included, along with the infamous "missing piece" for the RHW-6S and 8 diagonals, plus some additional intersection and overpass setups for the RHW-4 and ERHW-4.  There's a possibility at least some of the turn lane content and a couple other things may make it in as well.

Hope that clears things up!

-Alex

KoV Liberty

Thanks Tarkus for clearing that up. I cant wait!  ()stsfd()

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

mike3775

Take your time.

I'm slowly getting used to RHW, so as long as I get enough time to get used to what I have now, I am happy  :)

Korot

Quote from: Tarkus on June 10, 2009, 12:50:55 AM
CityMaster563
Elevated RHW 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10--Will not be in Release 4, but planned for a future release.

I'm pretty sure that E-RHW4 already exists ::)

mtg

carkid1998

MIS is already avaliable elevated. RHW 2 is planned to be elevated
Sendona... Coming soon!