• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonshardz

I think it's a good time to reiterate that an L2 Ortho-Ave over L0 Diag-RHW6C would be awesome.

Tarkus

Quote from: dragonshardz on December 11, 2012, 10:13:02 AM
I think it's a good time to reiterate that an L2 Ortho-Ave over L0 Diag-RHW6C would be awesome.

It would, but the timing is somewhat off doing that now.  The plans are to make the L2 (and L1) Avenue Viaducts draggable around the same time as the NWM revamp for NAM 32.  I'm not sure there's much sense in making hundreds of puzzle pieces that will just become redundant one release later.

-Alex

Durfsurn

I think that is a good point. Does this mean viaduct features for Rd, Ave, OWR etc stay the same in terms of functionality this release?

jdenm8

Quote from: Durfsurn on December 11, 2012, 02:48:52 PM
I think that is a good point. Does this mean viaduct features for Rd, Ave, OWR etc stay the same in terms of functionality this release?

Nope, I needed an overpass to go over something it couldn't, so I made the pieces to do it. You'll be able to cross Single Track Rail with Road Overpasses for the first time.
That's about it though.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Durfsurn

Still good development since this is a RHW based release!

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: Tarkus on December 11, 2012, 11:23:24 AM
Quote from: dragonshardz on December 11, 2012, 10:13:02 AM

It would, but the timing is somewhat off doing that now.  The plans are to make the L2 (and L1) Avenue Viaducts draggable around the same time as the NWM revamp for NAM 32.  I'm not sure there's much sense in making hundreds of puzzle pieces that will just become redundant one release later.

-Alex

Even if they're being made draggable, the puzzle piece models are still useful and in many cases, are the most time-consuming part of doing the pieces.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Tarkus

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on December 11, 2012, 10:34:16 PM
Even if they're being made draggable, the puzzle piece models are still useful and in many cases, are the most time-consuming part of doing the pieces.

Most definitely. :)

And speaking of things being made draggable, it's pasta time!  Just in case you ever wanted to elevate your C/D lanes for some reason . . .

-Alex

chosenreject

wow that is amazing! the possibilities will be endless!

I have a question about the DDRHW. I remember in the past you stated that it will become a flex helper piece system. (im not 100% sure what that means but i assume it will not be drag-able) But i was wondering if when the new system is put in place so it has realistic capacity, if it would be still possible to drag a ddrhw bridge across water anymore?

Tarkus

The details on the new DDRHW implementation are still being worked out.  Standard across-water bridges aren't possible using a FLEX/Helper setup (the only way you could get one across water is a DBE setup), so you'd have to use another network.  The only real workable option would be an RHW-based setup with capacity-boosting paths, which would still result in a slightly lower capacity than the FLEX/Helper-based DDRHW, though still higher than a non-boosted RHW, or the current Rail-based DDRHW.

-Alex

Durfsurn

Alex you have thought of everything in every way to be stable. It would probably take someone who is looking for bugs to find one!

jmdude1

sorry if it's been asked, i did look back some pages. other than RHW 4, will any other networks have diagonal on/off ramp support in the next release?

Shadow Assassin

Yep.

6S and 6C will get diagonal FARHW ramps at the very least.
New Horizons Productions

noahclem

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on December 12, 2012, 04:50:00 AM
Yep.

That's really awesome to hear! I hope there will be type-F ramps available. I've actually been working out the basic geometry of those (and all combinations of ortho-diag-and-FA RHW4-to-2xMIS splitters) during my sauna time lately. I didn't expect anything to come of them soon given my lack of expertise so it's great you're planning these. I'm also very curious what else the Grid Reaper may have up his sleeve--as always  ;D  If it's not imposing too much, I am really hoping for a diagonal 6C to diagonal 8C transition--though if you're planning 8C versions of those awesome 6C FA pieces you made than I'll withdraw that request  :)

Shadow Assassin

QuoteThat's really awesome to hear! I hope there will be type-F ramps available. I've actually been working out the basic geometry of those (and all combinations of ortho-diag-and-FA RHW4-to-2xMIS splitters) during my sauna time lately. I didn't expect anything to come of them soon given my lack of expertise so it's great you're planning these. I'm also very curious what else the Grid Reaper may have up his sleeve--as always  ;D  If it's not imposing too much, I am really hoping for a diagonal 6C to diagonal 8C transition--though if you're planning 8C versions of those awesome 6C FA pieces you made than I'll withdraw that request

Type F ramps haven't been done, but I'm sure it wouldn't take long to do. Diagonal 6C to 8C transitions wouldn't take long either. 8C FA pieces might be in the works, but it really depends on how nice RL is to me. There are a lot of things that I want to do, but time constraints tend to make that a wee bit difficult.

I'll sum up what's available in this upcoming release (what I've given the NAM team so far):
- Diagonal RHW-4 Ramp C1
- Diagonal 6S Ramp C1
- Dual FARHW-4
- FAMIS-FAMIS 138 (I think, can't remember anymore  $%Grinno$%) degree curve
- MIS Ramp C1
- RHW-4 Ramp F1
- RHW-8 Ramp F2
- RHW-8S Ramp C1

Now, tentatively, I should have ready soon-ish:
- Diagonal RHW-6C Ramp C1
- Diagonal RHW-8C Ramp C1
- Diagonal to RHW-6S (this is something that should have been added 2 versions ago!)
- FARHW-4 to FARHW-6 transitions
- Dual FARHW-6

I MAY have these done (low priority at the moment, nice-to-have things but may not even end up in this release):
- Dual FARHW-6S to FARHW-6C transition
- Barriers for FARHW-6C - will require new models
- Split FARHW-6C transition pieces to allow for asymmetric setups
- FARHW-8C
- FARHW-8S
New Horizons Productions

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on December 13, 2012, 06:50:41 PM
- FAMIS-FAMIS 138

I started calling that one a cloverhook during the very brief moment I played with your FA stuff. Now I kinda want a diagonal version of that... (So that I don't have to sandwich two FA-3 to Diag curves together.)

(Cloverslice? 1/8 circle piece...? I can't think of a name...)

Quote from: Durfsurn on December 13, 2012, 06:54:43 PM
Dem Ramps!

Recall my PToRI. Now you have a lot more gaps filled in.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

jmdude1

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on December 12, 2012, 04:50:00 AM
Yep.

excellent news. along with the other ramps you mentioned above, this gives more flexibility and will help break the grid a bit more.

Gugu3

SA since you are around...I'm probably a bit off topic since this is the RHW development thread and the next NAM is supposed to be focused on RHW but...are you planning to release also your fantastic on slope diagonal transitions for road,avenue and those amazing long ramps you have shown before in the NAM development thread?
cheers
Gugu3

noahclem

I'm overwhelmed by the awesomeness of that list Daniel. There's so many things on it that would be outstanding to have I wouldn't know where to start in which ones I'm particularly looking forward to/hoping for. Thanks!  :party:

One suggestion, since you haven't yet done the dual rhw6S--you might accomplish much of the same thing easier by doing an ortho-RHW6S to FA-RHW6C transition. If I'm grasping my geometry correctly, that piece would be quite a bit smaller and thus easier than FA curves like the 6C has now. Such a piece wouldn't provide for as nice of transitions to dual FA RHW4 though and I suspect there's other benefits to dual FA 6S vs. FA6C that I haven't thought of.

I hope RL is kind to you  ;D

AngryBirdsFan436

Are there plans for an RHW Big Dig or RHW FLUP?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!