• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indiana Joe

As eggman said, the models actually already exist.  There was brief talk about releasing them as static puzzle pieces until they could be FLEXed, but no one worked on it.

spot

while we are on the topic.. Is diagonal on slope transition ramps coming soon ? :)

Tarkus

Actually, checking over jondor's file the other day, it just contains the 90-degree MIS and RHW-4 designs.  No 45-degree stuff.  It is accounted for in the IID scheme, however, for the MIS, 4, and 6S.  Going to need models before we can even think about that, however.

I've basically sworn off making static puzzle pieces for the foreseeable future (ironic, given my CML), so if there's going to be an incremental implementation, it'd basically involve getting the FLEX mechanics in place, though possibly not all the overrides.

Regarding diagonal transitions, that's something that's been on the docket for a long time.  The trick, of course, is getting models, and as such transitions will be FLEX-based, finding the proper falsie setup to handle them.

-Alex

eggman121

If you need the models for the 45 degree curve you could always look at the project symphony smooth elevated curves.

I'm sure they could be modified to have just the RHW 4.

Here Is a stack interchange to demonstrate what I mean...

Is this a plausible way forward?

-eggman121

MandelSoft

Plausible, but I'll have to edit the models a bit for that...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

roadgeek

Quote from: MandelSoft on January 31, 2014, 03:49:12 PM
Plausible, but I'll have to edit the models a bit for that...

Looking forward to it!!!  ;)

Gugu3

dyoungyn

Not sure if this has been reported.  Something I have been trying to do with SPUIs since NAM 31.  I just cannot seem to get this configuration to work.  I even tried using the Slope Maxis Highway Override and still does not work.  What am I doing wrong.  I have not problems if I were to put a space in between the lanes.  Help!!!

dyoungyn

vinlabsc3k

You must leave 1 more tile between SPUI and L1 RHW-4 ;)
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

dyoungyn

I agree that adding a tile in the middle works great, however at 15m (L2)(RHW4), I get the same effect.  I even tried RHW 6S.  Currently I do not have the space to include a 6s to 6C to do RHW6C and this interchange is coming from a RHW6S Bridge.

dyoungyn

Stewey

Hi I was wondering if this is a known issue, I am currently trying to make a 7.5m RHW 6c overpass over another RHW 6c and there seems to be some kind of error. Referring to the images I have attached, it is not only a texture issue, but also a pathing issue as well.

I am using the nam 32 release using left hand drive and euro textures included in the nam. It is also a complete reinstall of the NAM as well since I wanted to see if this problem can be sorted with a reinstall, no joy.

MandelSoft

Try to click around the piece. Often that works to fix these RUL instabilities
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Stewey

Thanks Mandelsoft, I gave that a try and eventually it corrected itself out.

fefenc

Quote from: Stewey on February 23, 2014, 01:50:06 PM
Hi I was wondering if this is a known issue, I am currently trying to make a 7.5m RHW 6c overpass over another RHW 6c and there seems to be some kind of error. Referring to the images I have attached, it is not only a texture issue, but also a pathing issue as well.

I am using the nam 32 release using left hand drive and euro textures included in the nam. It is also a complete reinstall of the NAM as well since I wanted to see if this problem can be sorted with a reinstall, no joy.

Try to drag the lower part first, then you drag the overpass :D

Bob2005

Hi, I'm having a fairly major problem getting the RHW to work properly, and I haven't been able to find a solution anywhere. Basically, I seem to be unable to build anything with more than two lanes. The RHW-4 and smaller all work perfectly, but when I place the starter pieces for anything wider, they all look like this:

Only the 6S starter piece looks as it should, and when I try and drag any them out, it just builds a normal RHW-2 instead of whatever I want to build.

Is this a known issue, and if so, is there a way to fix it? I'm using the latest NAM version, left hand drive.

Thanks very much :)

memo

Quote from: Bob2005 on February 26, 2014, 01:10:02 AM
Only the 6S starter piece looks as it should, and when I try and drag any them out, it just builds a normal RHW-2 instead of whatever I want to build.

Is this a known issue, and if so, is there a way to fix it? I'm using the latest NAM version, left hand drive.

Welcome to SC4D, first of all!

The corresponding RULs are missing from your NAM Controller file. Most likely, it is the same issue that was described here (and how to solve it):

Quote from: memo on February 13, 2014, 02:08:28 PM
Quote from: timoman12 on February 12, 2014, 02:04:01 PM
Hi I'm using moonlinght's Japanese SAM-1 replacement mod to make it into his Japanese suburban 2-lane streets, however the textures have stopped working since I've installed NAM32. It was working perfectly with NAM31.

The 'starter' piece looks like his, but when I drag a street it just turns into the default street texture.

Any way to fix this? Or is there possibly a way to revert back to the NAM31 SAM-1 files to temporarily stop the issue?

EDIT: I have discovered that without the Street Mod, SAM-1 Parking Lot textures don't work anyway.
The first piece I place is the parking lot, but when I drag a street through it, only default street is built.

So this is a problem with the NAM32 itself...

[Solution] This sounds like you might have inadvertently installed the SAM without RULs. There is an option during the custom install in the installer for that (called 'enable decoupling' or so) that turns the SAM check boxes (among others) to ternary check boxes. Make sure to use the option that includes the corresponding RULs.

Bob2005

Thank you!

Do you mean the "Enable decoupling of networks and rules" option listed under "Additional features and customisations" in the NAM installer? If so I can confirm that I haven't got that enabled. The SAM works fine too (and I actually use Moonlight's mod mentioned in that post myself without any problems as well).

I've also tried reinstalling the NAM, just to be sure, and it hasn't changed anything.

memo

Quote from: Bob2005 on February 26, 2014, 09:28:09 AM
Do you mean the "Enable decoupling of networks and rules" option listed under "Additional features and customisations" in the NAM installer? If so I can confirm that I haven't got that enabled. The SAM works fine too (and I actually use Moonlight's mod mentioned in that post myself without any problems as well).

Yes, that's what I meant. Well, in that case, can you also confirm that none of the RHW networks are displayed in a bold font, nor are they prefixed with *SR* or *NR*, but all of them are selected, if you expand that subtree in the installer?

Bob2005

Ah, yes. I did wonder what those letters meant. I have all but the L3 and L4 networks selected, and of those the DDRHW Networks option is prefixed with *NR*, and the others all have *SR*. The FARHW has no prefix, but is listed in bold.

Some of the other category names are also in bold (Traffic simulator and related options, and Road textures and markings, to name a couple), but they all seem to work fine, so I'm guessing that's unrelated.

memo

Quote from: Bob2005 on February 27, 2014, 03:36:46 AM
Ah, yes. I did wonder what those letters meant. I have all but the L3 and L4 networks selected, and of those the DDRHW Networks option is prefixed with *NR*, and the others all have *SR*. The FARHW has no prefix, but is listed in bold.

*NR* indicates No Rules which means that none of the networks will be installed with rules, thus, they don't convert if you drag them in the game. *SR* stands for Some Rules which means that rules for some of the networks are selected, for others they aren't.

This can only occur, if the 'decoupling' option is selected, or has been selected previously. It gives the network nodes three different states: unselected, selected, and selected with boldface font. You would want to toggle those nodes until they are selected, but not displayed in boldface, so as to get rid of all the *SR* and *NR* prefixes.

Quote from: Bob2005 on February 27, 2014, 03:36:46 AM
Some of the other category names are also in bold (Traffic simulator and related options, and Road textures and markings, to name a couple), but they all seem to work fine, so I'm guessing that's unrelated.

Indeed, this is unrelated. These root nodes will always be displayed that way.