• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityMaster563

Are banked curves possible? I always wondered...
How about RHW 10 curves?
Coastland Region: The SC4 Story:
http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/4478-coastland-region-the-sc4-
story/
The story of two major counties, Ashville and Coastland, battle out to have an individual city reach 1 million sims, but a major storm destroys one city, and a major. What will now happen?
Coming soon: SimCity 4, Full 3D Art (a museum tour)

metarvo

I am reporting missing paths for the intersection between an orthogonal MIS and a diagonal OWR.

I'm not sure if this intersection was really meant to be possible yet, but the correct textures do appear.  There are no paths at all on the intersection, though.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Monorail Master

(/gameshow host speech type on) Guess what it's time for??

MORE BUG REPORTS!!!

First of all, I captured this texture error even after I installed that texture patch CORRECTLY.
The texture error on the RHW-6C - RHW-8 conversion piece:

Second of all, is this texture bug, what I call a "Too big for highway" bug:

And note. I get this bug even when I don't have any cosmetic mods installed, and it appears on every single puzzle piece of the RHW-4.0  Not 3.0
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Tarkus

Monorail Master, by looking at those pics, I'm fairly certain you have RHW 3.0 files installed still.  You need to remove all of those in order to ensure that 4.0 works properly.

Also, I know there are a number of people out there trying to make toll booth lots for the RHW.  To aid in that effort, I've added a new file to the RHW as part of the 4.04 release that was uploaded earlier, RealHighwayMod_LotTextures.dat.  It includes lot overlay versions of the RHW-2, RHW-4 and MIS Orthogonal and Diagonal textures, plus orthogonal textures for the other RHW types. 

-Alex

jdenm8

Another bug report...

No textures, no paths.
I can do it in nearly every configuration except this one.
As you know, I play LHD.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Monorail Master

Quote from: Tarkus on May 19, 2010, 04:03:59 PM
Monorail Master, by looking at those pics, I'm fairly certain you have RHW 3.0 files installed still.  You need to remove all of those in order to ensure that 4.0 works properly.

Also, I know there are a number of people out there trying to make toll booth lots for the RHW.  To aid in that effort, I've added a new file to the RHW as part of the 4.04 release that was uploaded earlier, RealHighwayMod_LotTextures.dat.  It includes lot overlay versions of the RHW-2, RHW-4 and MIS Orthogonal and Diagonal textures, plus orthogonal textures for the other RHW types. 

-Alex

Thanks for the help Alex. Well, thankfully next Friday is my final day of school. But tomorrow, at least my friends and classmates can help me find the 3.0 files.

-Matthew B. Green IV
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

jdenm8

Go into your NAM folder and you will see a folder called "Real Highway Mod"(V4) and another called "Rural Highway Mod" (V3). Delete the Rural one.

That's all I did.

schm0

Latest update: I simply can not figure out what is going on.

I perform the same test each time. I select the 45 degree RHW-2 turn, and start laying it on top of existing RHW 2. By the time I click the third or fourth 45 degree puzzle piece, crash to desktop. The last time I tested, I used nothing but a fresh NAM install + fresh RHW 4.0 install. Not sure if screenshots would help, but I've got them if it will. Also, this is a fresh region, so I can zip it up for testing if necessary, too. Again, the crash only happens on either hover or placement of the network itself. Placing the preview off the existing network has no effect.
schm0

jdenm8

I'd just demolish that piece of network and then place the piece. That's what I do (I find the pieces don't want to go into the right place on most occasions).

TEG24601

Quote from: jdenm8 on May 19, 2010, 04:10:25 PM
Another bug report...

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/6246/dunkirkcounty11apr78127.png

No textures, no paths.
I can do it in nearly every configuration except this one.
As you know, I play LHD.

I'm having a similar issue, but it is with the Flyover Ramps.  I keep following the guide, but nothing gets build between the endpoints.  The angle on the Anchors changes like their supposed to, but that is all.

kleston

I have NAM May 2010 and RHW 4.0 installed, but i can't find the EL-RHW pieces...
I just have the ON-OFF ramps, but not the RHW over roads, avenues, one-way roads..

swamp_ig

Check this out:

Compact turbine interchange, of a sort.  I've done another turbine too, but it doesn't look nearly as visually appealing.

I thought we should liven it up with more than just bug reports!

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: kleston on May 21, 2010, 07:34:01 AM
I have NAM May 2010 and RHW 4.0 installed, but i can't find the EL-RHW pieces...
I just have the ON-OFF ramps, but not the RHW over roads, avenues, one-way roads..

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u224/kleston/aa.jpg

That's because it's draggable. Pretty sure the readme addresses that...
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

kleston

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on May 21, 2010, 07:59:49 AM
That's because it's draggable. Pretty sure the readme addresses that...

Thanks!

figui

is there planned an erhw-2?

would be very useful for small interchanges with low traffic..

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Shadow Assassin

Quoteis there planned an erhw-2?

Yes, there is, for a future release.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

eclipticalstorm

I am unable to build the drag enabled on and off ramps.  I have tried everything I can think of, including reinstalling RHW and downloading the patch.  Is there a way around this or have I done something wrong?  Please help and thanks in advance.

Blue Lightning

Are you drawing them in the correct layout as said in the readme?
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

eclipticalstorm

Yeah I am drawing them correct.  It works for train tracks, but not the RHW.

MOREOPTIONS

Good day all.  I only wanted to ask if anyone has a list of all the proper mod's needed in the RHW's..  as i am always having to desktop crashes on railways and on some Rural Hwy's..  I had updated to 2010.   and some things were corrected i had trouble with.  but till now,. seems to still have problems.  so if someone would have a proper list of what should be in the plugins for the roads and rails. can you post for everyone to see. so we can all have much smother operation of our fames. thank you. God Bless