• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 64! :thumbsup: &apls

Nice work on that river there! Great picture of it! :thumbsup:

Sciurus

That's excellent &apls &apls Could you tell me how you plant your trees? In valleys, etc.... If you don't see what I mean, it doesn't matter :D

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Jmouse

Hey Pat, you went from 0 to 60 in fine form on this one! I really like the way it turned out, and your step-by-step guides are especially helpful to those of us who are less experienced.

Keep those rivers and streams flowing...
Joan

FrankU

Pat, that is a really nice river falling into the game water (did I see that right?).

The photoshop setup is nice, but I think you compressed your pictures a bit too much. Especially where the ingame water touches the banks the picture looks blurred. It is good for up- and downloading time, but it's not nice to look at. I advise you to compress more carefully.

Otherwise: very fine work! &apls

Pat

Its that time again where I will be posting another Update today!!! YaY woohoo!!! More waterfalls is on the books errr umm in the river lol.... As I said I will do a few updates at the max 4 updates and catch up on replies... For me I am seeing that is a tad bit easier... So now without further ado here we go with the next rupdate...................

There is a slight differnt viewing here on those two pics.. The first one is one angle then the other pics up on the other angle of looking at this same area... So I guess you can say its more of a North view and east view... Ooh hey whats that me explaining some pic ummm I know you are probaly wondering why I just really did that?? Well in case you all havent heard I am taking part in the GRV II Challenge BorderTown!!! That is right I am going to play the game and see if I can meet the requirments on the bases of them!!! So I guess that means I have to learn how to say something more then just show of my pics lol.... 

BTW Frank thank you for your critique on my attmepted photoshopping there and I will after I get these few updates done I will be more then likely doing what Haljackey does click for full resolution  ;)

To all the lurkers out and about lemme know what you think even you just stop by to say HI so that way I know you love Waterfalls todate!!! Also I want to thank you all again for your wonderful support here!!! Till next time!!!

Your Tour Guide To Waterfalls...

Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Two wonderful pictures there! The nature in these pictures is beautiful! :thumbsup:

Simpson

Incredible river, as well my friend  &apls I'm looking forward to the next update  ::)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Jmouse

Nice start, Pat. Watching now for "the rest of the story!"

Later...

Joan

threestooges

I really need to get by here more often. Nice works here Pat. I really like the first pic from the last update (the zoomed out overview one. Really nailed it on that one I think. These recent couple are nice variations, I'll be interested to see which one you go with. In the meantime, good luck with the GRV challenge. I thought about it myself, but I'm not sure I'd have the time. Speaking of which, are you going to run Waterfalls and GRV simultaneously, or will we be seeing GRV updates here too? Either way, best of luck with it Pat.
-Matt

tooheys

Hi Pat. Looking fine as always my friend. You really do use the landscape to it's best advantage.  :thumbsup: And your TPW work is a good as ever.

Cheers

Dave

XiahouDun

Little known fact, the river is actually filled with my drool from amazement at these amazing shots  :thumbsup:
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

art128

Pat,
Nice river there Patrick, nice use of Jeroni's water.
Also, great mix of trees !
One question, you will build a waterfall on this river ?

Take Care,

- Arthur.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Pat

OK after a few days a few things going on here which have been real fun for me here is update # 7 of the Silver Bow Region in Waterfalls... Just to answer real quickly yuppers a waterfall will appear here not yet but soon  ;) soo now without furter ado here we goooooooo.........

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

ldvger

Pat-

Ok, I am new to your MD, after having been referred here by someone over at the BSC site when I expressed frustration about thier RPK.  I have been trying to create natural looking watercourses in my region, which is extremely mountainous, and have as yet not been successful.  I am glad folks over at BSC steered me this way, because I can see that you have done a great job with the tools available.

I just started reading your MD last night, so I am only currently on page 14 and as yet I have yet to find any links or credits for the mods you have used.  I am especially interested in your ploppable water mods and waterfall/rapids mods, especially those that work over steep slopes and falls greater than a single tile, not to mention anything that works on diagonals. 

If you have used tutorials others have made, a link to those would also be helpful, so that folks like me who are very interested in creating realistic landscapes and figure out how you did yours.  Given that I am only on page 14, it may be that the links and tutorials I seek and embedded futher into your MD than I have yet gotten, and as I am a patient woman (and am enjoying watching both the region's development as well as your own), I will continue to wend my way through the remaining 50 pages. 

I am also slowly reading my slow way through David's 3RR MD, both here and over at ST, as he is still in the process (or so it seems to me) of copying his work from ST over to SC4D.  David, if you read this, I am on page 5 of the ST version and forget where I am on the SC4D version, about page 20, I think.  Lots of material still to cover, lots, I realize, yet to learn. 

Between the two of you, Pat and David, I have accumulated over 2 pages of notes of stuff I need to download, most of this garnered from 3RR in the very early days.  Some of it I have been able to find by going back and forth betwen ST and here, but a lot of it is gone now, or I haven't been able to get far enough along in either MD to find currently active links. 

In short, it's really frustrating to see all this gorgeous work done by other folks and not be able to assemble the tools to even try to do the same in my own region. 

In short (or long, as the case may be), is it possible for you, Pat, to let us admirers of your work know, if not HOW you accomplished what you have, at least the tools you used to do so?  And provide us with links to find and download those same tools? 

Again, I love what you have done.  Just want to try and learn the same things myself.

Lora/LD

bat

Again two wonderful pictures of that really nice river!!! :thumbsup:

Simpson

As well, my friend, these two pictures are looking incredible. The river looks amazing  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

kimcar

Can`t wait for see your waterfall Pat. Keep it up  :thumbsup:

art128

Again two really nice pictures of that wonderful river Patrick !
these curves make it looks more real my friend, nice job on it !

Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

blade2k5

Looking good Pat.  Haven't been here in awhile...several pages behind the curve...will cath up someday :D

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Pat

OK here is one last picture for this month of March of 2009 and we are going to close it out with this one where we'll be winding threw the river a little bit more... I am still trying my hand a story telling as you are prob can tell lol... Yea I suck I know anyways without further ado here we gooooo.....

I promisse you all and Lora I will get to your replies shortly here its late now for me but till later today on Tuesday I will get back to all with my responses to you all!!!

To all the lurkers out and about lemme know what you think even you just stop by to say HI so that way I know you love Waterfalls todate!!! Also I want to thank you all again for your wonderful support here!!! Till next time!!!

Your Tour Guide To Waterfalls...

Patrick