• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

the vernacular trend

Started by superhands, August 07, 2008, 09:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmyers2043

Quotei like how it turned out.

So do I. A lot of architectural interest. I like smaller buildings and this is a good start.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mightygoose

fantastic work.... great start and welcome to the fold...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

superhands

the hotel is making progress slowly. most of the modelling is complete. i had a look at other bats and decided to scale it upwards more. i actually at times had a 30cm ruler held up at the screen :D   

here is something else: what i achieved in a matter of 15 minutes using streetview for textures.

Simpson

THis is looking fine, great work  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

sithlrd98

Great work on the diagonal canals  &apls...FAR canals would be awesome!!! The W2W buildings look great! The bank almost could double as a car dealership (imo). Keep the pics coming!

Jayson

XiahouDun

Wow, how did this topic slip past me? Some fantastic work here. I love what you do with the textures &apls
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

Fatsuhono

Beautiful new BATs my friend! ;D Great roof texture, love the Aussie-style (?)... :P

superhands

Some of you may know what the begginings of this is. Waverley Station, Edinburgh

art128

What's that ? an airport ? XD
very nice start  :thumbsup:
looking forward to more  ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

superhands

well I guess I should make it be known that this is a train station. ;) (hint: it was written in white in the first post ;D)

it's Waverley Station, Edinburgh.
don't ask me why i took this on :P
ideally i hope to get some transparency through the roof so that you can see some amount of activity.
we will see how this goes for polys along with detailing.
atm it's measuring in around 6 by 22 sc4 tiles.
having a quick look at the main entrance, i think i forgot to scale it up.
i just really wanted to show of the the road :D

one question to the experts, is it possible to use face extrude rather than extrude and place a material on it?

Fatsuhono

Quote from: bighead99 on November 14, 2008, 08:33:15 AM
one question to the experts, is it possible to use face extrude rather than extrude and place a material on it?

Yes. But, when you apply your texture/material, hit modifiers > UV coordinates > UVW map, and choose planar, box, cylindrical, etc... to make the material appear.

superhands

thanks fatsuhono for the info. i must of written that late at night :D so simple.

did some work on the textures.  : ;D still a lot of modeling to do.
some how every time I make a small addition I tend to spend double the time looking at it :D

Fatsuhono

The textures on the roof look really realistic now. The roads are great as well. Ah, so it is a train station? Awesome! :) :thumbsup:

toxicpiano

it looks sooooper dooopperrrr
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

Cubbies09

God called he wants his awesome back.

CabraBuitre

Quote from: XiahouDun on October 23, 2008, 07:09:50 PM
Wow, how did this topic slip past me? Some fantastic work here. I love what you do with the textures &apls

Wow... I can't believe I didn't see this earlier either!

I think the diagonals are so much of a breakthrough that they'd be enough on their own!  ... need anybody to test 'em?

I love your W2W too!!

EDIT:  One more thing... I think in Sgs orig, he added the purification sparkle effect that makes the water appear to sparkle in places... you might consider adding that so that the sets match up correctly.  Just a thought.

Check out Abelfarei!

superhands

thanks for the replies.
CabraBuitre i' not to sure what you mean?¿

every time i click on gmax i end up creating something new.
this time it's a roundabout/pedestrian underpass.   :D

i have used couchpotato's trees, which are on the lex.

CabraBuitre

Never mind... it's just a small effect prop in the lot editor, but looking at the original set, it doesn't look like it was placed everywhere anyway.

Any idea when you might start releasing some of your work (like the canals)?

I really like the idea of the underpass for the roundabout, too!

Check out Abelfarei!

Pat

Just stunning work Bighead wow!!!!  &apls I love that roundabout filler!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie