• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

the vernacular trend

Started by superhands, August 07, 2008, 09:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superhands

Quotelove that roundabout filler
so do I. :)

CabraBuitre, i now know what your talking about. i kina forgot about the SGdiag canal.
release? we will see.. ::)

well, i had done all the final touches on this one and then the file turned corrupt ???
no worries i made another one. will be working on the outside entrance shortly.

Andreas

Quote from: bighead99 on December 07, 2008, 01:33:48 AM
well, i had done all the final touches on this one and then the file turned corrupt ???
no worries i made another one. will be working on the outside entrance shortly.

That's too bad, I really liked this one. Remember, whenever you save your gmax file, use the little "+" in the save dialogue, this will add a version number to your filename, so you can go back to an older copy at any time if something goes wrong.
Andreas

CabraBuitre

Quote from: bighead99 on December 07, 2008, 01:33:48 AM
CabraBuitre, i now know what your talking about. i kina forgot about the SGdiag canal.
release? we will see.. ::)

Believe me when I tell you this... if you released those diagonal pieces of SG's canal, they would be received with LOTS of fanfare!  Many people have used this set with the one major drawback of there not being any diagonal pieces to it... thus they have switched to other canal sets such as Oppies which certainly work, but which don't have the same aesthetic finish of SG's canals.

Keep up the great work.  I'm looking forward to seeing the roundabout filler in game (... once you remake it...!)

Check out Abelfarei!

Pat

OMG Bighead I do hope you can redo a roundabout with the same tree's as the ones from couchpotatoes!!! Cause dang that was a damn fine roundabout!!! Too bad it went corrupt though...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

sithlrd98

I agree with Pat , those roundabouts are sweet! As far as the diag canal pieces...well I definitely am in line when they are released! :thumbsup:

Jayson

art128

this roundabout filler look good.  &apls &apls
I think that if you had some graffiti on the wall, that could look better  :thumbsup:
Arthur.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kimcar

&apls &apls Excellent work on the roundabout . Very well done

JoeST

fantastic looking roundabouts :)
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Jack Bauer

It is simply wonderful, breathtaking!!!

girlfromverona

I just stumbled across this thread - and WOW! There's some fantastic stuff going on in here.  &apls

Look forward to seeing more from you, bighead99.

superhands

wow thanks for the replies all.
today i have been working on a train station that will fit str.
it is Beverley Station which was built in 1886 in the town of Beverley WA.
the green hedge and the ramps are the only addition to this model i think they hide the blight to well.
the roof texture is still a work in progress, but i can say tiles might be considered.

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat

OMG WOW!!!!! What can I say here WOW!!! that is truly amazing STR Station... Which reminds me I got some lotting to do lol....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Alfred.Jones

As a fellow west aussie, I must say that looks fantastic! Personally i think the tin roof looks very Country WA as opposed to tiles. Maybe work on the texture a bit though?

Very fine work :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

superhands

thanks for the feedback all.
i tried playing around with the "tin roof" idea, looking at JenP's work for inspiration and well, it din't
work out so i decided to go for tiles. i guess with the hedge and roof combined it looks like it rather
belongs in the UK rather than a dusty drought haven. the textures arent keeping with the original
but after all it's only a game based on real life.
Thanks goes to JMyers for his tile roof texture found in Jmouse's bats thread.

i think this one is ready for export (still to do niteliting :( )

sorry.. i just relised that i have two of the same rotation &ops

Alfred.Jones

That looks excellent Bighead :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

girlfromverona

Woohoo! An STR station! I hope you plan on making more - they would be so well-received.  :thumbsup:

Pat

Dave very nice there with the station!!!

CabraBuitre

This stuff is great... are you planning on releasing it?

Check out Abelfarei!

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *