• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

the vernacular trend

Started by superhands, August 07, 2008, 09:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superhands

well ive decided to open a bat thread.
the plan is to create additional angled waterfronts based on SG's modular canals.

first up diagonals.

CasperVg

Now that's something I needed for awhile! Looks pretty!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

TheTeaCat

Oh yes very nice indeed :thumbsup:

An addition that is most definitely needed &apls

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

threestooges

Fancy. I may have to pull out one of my old cities (pretty much covered w/ SG canals) and see what I can do with these. They look great.

superhands

this is a little w2w that ive been working on.
more work to be done on it yet thoe ;D

bat

yes, a useful addition there! :)

And the w2w building is looking nice, too, bighead99! ;)

girlfromverona

Nice work! I'm sure these will all come in handy!  :thumbsup:

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

superhands

don't forget... if  anything doesn't look right please comment.
and of course still the lighting has to be done. ::)

jmyers2043

Hello Bighead... Nifty looking building. I don't know if I would use the rusty corrugate on the front awning but it is very effective on the main roof. Possible to find a non rusty or less rusty section of that texture? You may also consider some vent pipes on the roof and also you may also want to do some downspouts. The front facade looks good with all the detailing. This is a good effort.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

SimFox

it is very nice... But I think the Rusting on the roof is over exaggerated... milding it down would make it more realistic

FrankU

I especially like the diagonal canals. Did you give them the Callagrafx texture?
Will they be available soon?

I like you house, but I must admit that I am happy that in my country they don't use currugated steel as roofing material. Doesn't look too nice!

bat

Nice progress on that building! Looks wonderful ;)

superhands

thanks for the replies. simfox and jmyers, improvement will follow, and i think some down pipes need to be widened.

frankU, really its a matter of time. i hope to do some FAR fitting canals in the near future, and im working on the cal texture, except i'm moddleing in gmax so i dont think you can create the water illusion quite so well.  "Doesn't look too nice" - true but it does make for a good bat.

here is a 1x3 bank. a couple textures to be improved and roof junk to be added.

Meastro444

Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

threestooges

I love the W2Ws. That's a style I haven't seen too often, and I hope you'll make some more. I think the textures look good except for that big black mark on the side of the second building. The bank looks pretty good, but the wall seem a bit dirty, is it going to be a lower wealth building? Either way, you have some interesting stuff in the works. I'll love to see the buildings when you start to lot them.

Travis

That last one looks great...especially the roof texture. :thumbsup:

spa

This is the first time that I have seen this thread. You're doing some good work. I love small w2ws!

On the first building, I agree with the comments about the corrugate. On the main street level awning, I would just take the left bit of the texture (the green but somewhat faded part) and put it right across. On the main roof, you could turn down the rust a bit, but I think it's also more than passable as is. One thing, that black blob bit on the side wall, is that suppose to be graffiti? I think the graffiti tag you have on the one side works but the black blobish one really doesn't.

On the 1x3 bank, I don't have much to suggest. About the only thing I see is the glass on the side below the overhanging window bank; it is a tad bright, especially compared to the dark windows on the rest of the building. Some contrast is good, but I think that glass needs a little work. By the way, the roof texture is great!

superhands

thanks for the comments spa and co. i'll keep it short but yes i agree that graffiti (trademark) does not work.

here is a work in progress. the Belvedere Hotel on the corner of bathurst and kent st, sydney.
modelled it of original plans by Spain, Cosh and Minnett architects, then i Exaggerated it with the lower floor.
i like how it turned out.

baconrocky

Quote from: bighead99 on August 25, 2008, 12:28:38 AM
thanks for the comments spa and co. i'll keep it short but yes i agree that graffiti (trademark) does not work.

here is a work in progress. the Belvedere Hotel on the corner of bathurst and kent st, sydney.
modelled it of original plans by Spain, Cosh and Minnett architects, then i Exaggerated it with the lower floor.
i like how it turned out.

Uh, is that a Diagonal Wall To Wall?  ::) wowowoowowowowowow. And there is a lot of talent in this hidden BAT Thread, I love coming here to look every so often, where have you been all this time, and why haven't you been BAT-ing before!!! LOL