• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RebaLynnTS

I gave this a lot of thought before i voted. It seams to me that most people would be working with one lane set at a time (4, 6, 8) and grouping them by lanes means a simple tab or shift tab (Yes shift tab works) through the ring. Sems it would be better than, click menu, tab (for ramp), click menu, tab (for starter piece), click menu, tab (for whatever)...

Of-course this depends on if you plan ahead or not, if not, it don't matter a lot.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Palpatine001

Nice work there indeed alex

Now then to sort planning out for the roll out of V21 then amongst other things  :-[
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Tarkus

One small step forward for NAMkind.

Yes, that is what you think it is.  It doesn't have lane-separation striping on it yet (these are very early prototype textures I worked up).
I've got the false intersection to initiate the override working, but it's not facing the correct direction for a diagonal RHW to drag out of it (the direction it allows dragging is where the RHW-2 is coming out of it).

And to answer everyone's questions regarding the new button arrangement for v21, here's what I'd like to propose:

-1 button for transition pieces
-5 buttons, 1 for each RHW lane width/type (MIS, RHW-4, RHW-6S/C combined under one, RHW-8S/C combined under one, RHW-10)

The transition pieces are under their own button, as they could fit in either/or with the lane widths, so I thought I'd make things "neutral" by doing it that way.

I am also proposing placing the El-RHWs under the respective width buttons (i.e. El-RHW-4 would go under the RHW-4 button).

How does that sound?

-Alex (Tarkus)

Pat

I'm lovin it there Alex and that sounds like a total winner!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

RebaLynnTS

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

JoeST

QuoteYes, that  is what you think it is.

I am having a total and complete blank, what is it?... LOL

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

DFire870

Quote from: star.torturer on February 15, 2008, 06:22:13 AM
I am having a total and complete blank, what is it?... LOL

Joe

Variable-width diagonal RHWs. ;)

Anyways, that looks great Alex! And I like the idea of the transition pieces under their own button and the el-RHWs under the regular RHWs.

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

debutterfly

can't wait for El-RHW...I sense something great being brewed by the NAM team.  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Brilliance, Alex! Sheer brilliance, my friend!

Dustin

Ryan B.

*breaks out the stereo & plays 'U Can't Touch This', by MC Hammer

figui

Looks good! Sounds good! It'a all good!

i second this :thumbsup:

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Haljackey

This just gets better and better..

I think its just amazing what you can do with this network!

Best,
-Haljackey

quackmofro

This is definitely an exciting development. I like the work that you do! Also, I like your proposal for the button layout. All of this is improving the transit system in SC4 hundredfold.

nerdly_dood

I prefer the 5 button configuration.  That would be A LOT better than the current so-called "organization."

Also, I propose for version 22-or-so (i don't think it will make it into version 21) a SAM-type texture variation mod for RHW-2 that has the same sort of theory as the RHW-4 <-> RHW-6S transitionpiece that will allow for a single dashed line, a dashed line next to a solid line, and a double solid yellow line.  This would make the ()-turn and RHW2 <-> MIS transition textures blend better, and also allow for more realism, because in RL (at least where i live) there are a lot of stretches of rural highways with stretches of those types of lines down the middle. (always yellow) that restrict or allow passing in certain areas.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

dragonshardz

yoshiisland2

I voted for "number of lanes", simply because (IMO), it's easier to work with when using one lane setup at a time.  But your work here is fantastic so whatever the hell you put into each puzzle-piece group is fine with me! :thumbsup:
-Yoshi

Ryan B.

Quote from: nerdly_dood on February 16, 2008, 03:40:19 PM
I prefer the 5 button configuration.  That would be A LOT better than the current so-called "organization."

Also, I propose for version 22-or-so (i don't think it will make it into version 21) a SAM-type texture variation mod for RHW-2 that has the same sort of theory as the RHW-4 <-> RHW-6S transitionpiece that will allow for a single dashed line, a dashed line next to a solid line, and a double solid yellow line.  This would make the ()-turn and RHW2 <-> MIS transition textures blend better, and also allow for more realism, because in RL (at least where i live) there are a lot of stretches of rural highways with stretches of those types of lines down the middle. (always yellow) that restrict or allow passing in certain areas.

Please direct all NAM-related requests to the New Transit Items Request Forum.  Thank you!

nerdly_dood

For dashed lines (not dashed/solid double lines) the reflectors are placed one between every two dashes.

Please make requests in the aforementioned thread linkie: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=164.

thank you
-Filasimo
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Shadow Assassin

It's unfortunately not possible to do that, because of the way the game works.

Even if it was done SAM-style...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!