• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

I would love to have that piece if one lane continued straight instead of curving. I think it would prove quite useful.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Tarkus

Well, there is a "Y-branch" piece in the works for the MIS that will sort of accomplish something similar . . . it's going to be a draggable setup, too.  That piece existed in the original "puzzle piece-based" prototype of the MIS from last year.  It'll be able to go diagonal as well as orthogonal that way. 

The piece almost ended up in Version 20, but never got finished (the textures for it, in fact, are in the Version 20 .dat file).  Version 21 should have it, though.

-Alex

godjcjk12

will there an elevated version of this y branch

Tarkus

Quote from: godjcjk12 on July 12, 2008, 02:02:44 PM
will there an elevated version of this y branch

Most definitely.  Such a thing existed with the old prototype, in fact.  (Old picture from Page 2 of this thread.  :))

-Alex (Tarkus)

deathtopumpkins

That is exactly what I need. So I retextured it and didn't even realize it??? weird.  :o

Tarkus

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on July 12, 2008, 03:08:36 PM
So I retextured it and didn't even realize it??? weird.  :o

You might have.  :D  That is, if you re-did with textures 0x5de63100, 0x5de64100, 0x5de66100 and 0x5de67100.  Those are the MIS Y-Branches, one in each direction.

Heck, once I get a bit of RL stuff taken care of and finish those FARR pieces, I'll be able to go full speed ahead on RHW and get the draggable MIS Y-branches in.  And other stuff . . . watch this thread. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

deathtopumpkins

Oh, no, nevermind. I just looked through the folder alphabetically, and no 0x5DE... between 0x5DE59100 (MIS/OWR T) and 0x5DE95100 (MIS/Roundabout) hmm...
Ooh... I don't know which I want more: FARR or RHW? Tough choice.  :-\ :'(

Eyes peeled.  :shocked2:

Tarkus

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on July 12, 2008, 03:33:36 PM
Ooh... I don't know which I want more: FARR or RHW? Tough choice.  :-\ :'(

Well, fortunately you won't have to choose.  :)  Though FARR will probably be earlier (or at the same time), depending on how we end up working out the release logistics. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

deathtopumpkins

Cool. I know, I was just saying which did I want first. It's starting to seem like this isn't even SC anymore in some aspects. I think we should consider NAM and the optional plugins an expansion pack.  ;D

Oh, btw, I just looked through the RHW dat with SC4Tool, and sure enough, they were there. Also, is texture 0x5DE4D100 part of a MIS smooth curve? It looks way to gradual to be part of the standard curve.  ()what()

Tarkus

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on July 12, 2008, 03:46:25 PM
Also, is texture 0x5DE4D100 part of a MIS smooth curve? It looks way to gradual to be part of the standard curve.  ()what()

Actually, that's one of the standard MIS Orth-Diag Transition piece.  All the "0x5nn4Dn00" pieces are parts of Orth-Diag transitions for the RHW (0x5eb4d100 is the RHW-4 one).  There will be a series of smooth MIS curves in RHW Version 21, though.  ardecila and I have been working on them. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

toxicpiano

I remember when there was a period of over a year when it seemed like NAM would never see another release. You have all worked wonders however  :)

What do you do with all your old prototypes? Are they archived away for a rainy day?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

deathtopumpkins

I guess it must be...

Ahh... now we will be able to make perfect cloverleaves at last.

Tarkus

Quote from: toxicpiano on July 12, 2008, 04:40:12 PM
What do you do with all your old prototypes? Are they archived away for a rainy day?

They're all still floating around the old Hard Drive somewhere--I've got a bunch of poorly labeled ZZZ files with NAM/RHW/NWM prototypes from almost two years ago all over my SC4 folders. 

Found those particular pieces the other day, though.  Need to fix up the models on them, though, since many of them were just floating in mid-air. :D  And make many of them draggable (which shouldn't be too difficult). ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

MandelSoft

Great! We are all waiting patiently for version 21, as you know. When it comes out, I've some T21 work to do (you know, guard rails and that sort of stuff).
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Patricius Maximus

I can think of many uses for MIS and RHW splitters. I'll use some RL examples, and the corresponding RHW width.

RHW-8 splitting into 2 x RHW-4 (Directional T):

MIS-1 splitting into 2 x MIS-1 (loop ramp):

Another MIS-1 splitter. This one is part of a parclo with one loop ramp replaced with a semi-directional one:

Yet another one. This one is a dedicated right-turn ramp for a diamond:

So, there are many uses for a MIS splitter or a RHW-4 to MIS splitter.

I've made the third one with Avenues and OWRs, and it'll be featured in the Patrician Showcase later  ;)

Keep on working. It seems that v21 is closer to release.

MandelSoft

Indeed, Practicus. You've shown some RL examples. It looks like there is a future for MIS splitters.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

pagenotfound

I attempt to make quite a few splitters that come off exits in my cities (with OWR which looks really ugly)

This MIS splitter will definately have a future in my cities.
Coupled with avanue/ RHW exits this will make so many more interchanges possible.
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

Monorail Master

I have an idea, for the new RHW pack, it should include the flyover on/offramps.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Patricius Maximus

I do believe that flyover ramps will be included in the RHW in the future. I think they're slated for v21 or 22. However, I believe that regular RHW will have an elevated option in v21, which will be draggable.

jplumbley

Quote from: Monorail Master on July 15, 2008, 01:12:50 PM
I have an idea, for the new RHW pack, it should include the flyover on/offramps.

Way ahead of you there bud!

These pieces have not been even started yet for Fly-over Ramps.  They are intended to be made eventually, but how soon?  Not a clue as they havent even hit the drawing board.  There are too many other things such as:

• Elevated RHW-(2 and 4)
  • Added MIS Intersections
  • RHW-6, 8, 10
  • Starter Pieces for RHW-6, 8, 10
  • Additional On/Off Ramp options for ALL RHW
  • Possibly RHW-2 and RHW-4 at Grade Intersetions
  • etc... (The list goes on)

Each one of these things takes time to do.  Unfortunately, we are not full-time and paid for our efforts.  I would love to be a consultant for CitiesXL, or SimCity5, but thats not likely to ever happen.  So, we are stuck here doing things in our free time.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM