• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodb3kmaster

Welcome to page 159!

Version 21 looks like it'll be just what I need in the rebirth of the Nyhaven highway system. Great work, Alex, on bringing the community a tremendous gift!

Zack/woodb3kmaster

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Pat

Alex looking wonderful, simply wonderful!!!  As I mentioned before I love to be surprised like a kid on christmas morning and I know one day I will log on to Devo and find the new RHW v21 and it will be like christmas morning all over again for me and I might forget to do something that day  :D

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

pagenotfound

I have Really wanted to do that!  :o Nice!

And I think smaller more consistent releases would be better.
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

b22rian

Quote from: pagenotfound on October 03, 2008, 11:14:03 PM
I have Really wanted to do that!  :o Nice!

And I think smaller more consistent releases would be better.

I think each way has its merits .. The big release of version 21 is like xmas.. And the smaller releases are
nice too because you dont have to wait as long.. But obviously its whatever pleases you Alex..
We just appreciate all that you have done and are still doing with this.. &apls

Thanks again, Brian

Patricius Maximus

QuoteI will say I would like to get back to smaller, more regular releases after this one.  Version 21's been a long road, and I want to make sure that if there are things that Version 21 is "missing" in a lot of people's minds (it'll be a substantial addition, but not the terminus), it'll be possible to add those things in quicker

I like that. Smaller, more regular releases. Like adding a feature or two at a time? Great. Sometimes these big versions are overwhelming.

QuoteAs I mentioned before I love to be surprised like a kid on christmas morning and I know one day I will log on to Devo and find the new RHW v21 and it will be like christmas morning all over again for me and I might forget to do something that day

That day will come soon, if the poll comes true...

nerdly_dood

One thing I've been really REALLY looking forward to is a MIS/RHW-2 at-grade intersection - it just didn't look right to have to use a short section of road for that.

It looks like the texture could be improved somewhat but it's better than nothing!  &apls
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Danthe

Thanks Alex for answer :) RHW gives creation's possibility really looking communication infrastructure at last, but it was it is knowed, that it requires solid improvements. Therefore I think, that upgrades better is let go more often, but in smaller range. It will can was it check on up to date in game and suggest improvements.

Try in the closest week to show tutorials for two next RHW interchanges  ( I've already picture and I've yet to translate descriptions).

Mariusz

Tarkus

I present to you the first ever full-on functional RHW-10 interchange.

Inching ever closer . . .

Most of the Network-over pieces that will be included are more or less done now . . . knocked those out this afternoon.  Now I need to add in a few more ramp interfaces, a few little draggable items (those draggable overpasses you saw were just the beginning) and we can call it good.

Whether or not it'll be out on Halloween, as the majority of our poll participants seem to be thinking, is still up in the air.  We shall see. ;) 

And of course, we like to surprise people . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

CasperVg

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Haljackey

Wow... 10 lanes... Something many have wanted since the release of Rush Hour (or earlier!). 

Because something of this size has never been made for SC4 yet, it looks somewhat out of place to me due to its sheer bulk.  But, there's a first for everything!

In fact, this may make the Multi-RHW obsolete (Which I just made a new guide for in the hows-tos section).
-That is, unless you want a RHW-20 :P.

Best,
-Haljackey

xmike1991

:o
Oh dear god...
Those are amazing Tarkus, you are brilliant
Can't wait til this is released  $%Grinno$%

Pat

Oooooooh my Dear god Alex that is just PHAT man!!!!!  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

penguin007

I'm ussaully just a lurker here but the work your'e pounding out at the moment is amazing and I can't wait to start using it. I just hope ShadowAssasin is able keep up with making the euro textures for all these amazing new creations.

JoeST

that was a nice surprise for this morning, looking epic as usual Alex :)

one criticism: only 1 ramp on a ten lane highway?  $%Grinno$% :P

JOe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Patricius Maximus

Wow, I'm liking it. Draggable overpasses -- just the beginning, you said? Great  &apls.

I think a Halloween release would be nice, but use your own judgment.

MandelSoft

Oh my, a working(!) RHW-10 overpass! Stunning! But actually, here in the Netherlands I've only seen a 10-lane highway at the A4 between the interchange with the A44 and the interchange with the A5. Still, it's good that we've got a option of a 10-lane RHW!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

metarvo

The RHW-10 is here!  Way to go, Alex! :thumbsup:  Maybe it will be released on Halloween, and maybe not.  The most important thing to me is that it will be good, but I don't think I have any worries there. :)

EDIT:  As of 9:16 a.m. CDT, I did see this interesting number appear in the poll:

Judging by its position, I wonder if it's some kind of sign. ::)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

sim-al2

That's just plain cool! I can't imagine I could EVER use a RHW-10 though. Maybe an six or eight at most. I think that highway actually looks a bit repetitive...not that we want a nice pretty view of trees, grass, and fifty-foot flames in the middle of the highway!  $%Grinno$%

One must wonder what you could be doing with RHW-10 in the middle of nowhere...
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Sheep49

Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

bat

The RHW-10 looks nice there! Looking forward to more teasers... ;)