• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LE0

THATS AWESOME! :)

PS Why do diagonal elevated RHWs look squeezed with no shoulders than orthogonal el-RHW's ???
Leoland coming Spring 2009

deathtopumpkins

NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

bthersh

Alex you broke down and showed us something!  Also, over my spring break last week I was stopped at a freeway rest area that had a pedestrian bridge over the highway.  As I crossed the bridge, I caught myself thinking, wow, this looks exactly like a RHW-4!  So, I was just impressed by how good you have made the RHW look.  Thanks again!

And Leo, I think I recall reading somewhere that diagonal networks have less space than orthogonal ones - which is why the diagonal avenue looks thinner also.  But maybe someone who knows more or knows why can explain!

- Brian

Tarkus

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on March 12, 2009, 05:47:43 PM
Is it imminent? :P

I have sworn off using the "i" word.  I will never hear the end of it if I pick that habit up again. ::)

Thanks for the kind words, guys.  And bthersh, you're correct on the diagonal thing, too. ;)

-Alex

Blue Lightning

Simpley put, a diagonal network has about 2/3 of the space of a ortho network. In order to keep the newtwork a one tile network, you have to give something up. In this case, we don't want to reduce space on the main traveling lanes, and so the best option is to remove the shoulder.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Sartoris

Quote from: Tarkus on March 12, 2009, 06:03:26 PM
I have sworn off using the "i" word.
-Alex

So it is "Soon" then?  :P
Nice work Alex.

Tarkus

Quote from: Sartoris on March 12, 2009, 09:26:34 PM
So it is "Soon" then?  :P

No confirmation, no denial.  ;) I will refrain from using any chronological terminology during the development process.  Among the excluded words are the dreaded "i-word", "soon", "close", "completion", "coming soon" and everyone's favorite, "release date".  It will be . . . er . . . "timeless"? :D 

-Alex

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

bakerton

Alex, The I-word is your trademark saying and it will stay yours no matter what. Anyway, I think that dadgren (David) owes you some royalties for using the I word. Just waiting for the completed project though. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

LE0

Quote from: Blue Lightning on March 12, 2009, 06:03:58 PM
Simpley put, a diagonal network has about 2/3 of the space of a ortho network. In order to keep the newtwork a one tile network, you have to give something up. In this case, we don't want to reduce space on the main traveling lanes, and so the best option is to remove the shoulder.

Or maybe to narrow the orthogonal shoulders a bit &idea
Leoland coming Spring 2009

Swamper77

Quote from: LE0 on March 13, 2009, 07:46:53 AM
Or maybe to narrow the orthogonal shoulders a bit &idea

I do not want to remodel those elevated RHW4 models. I had a hard enough time making them in the first place and getting them into the game. :'(

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

darraghf

The diagonal oxerpasses are loking good Alex
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

Kitsune

After seeing that, does that mean its also going to be possible to put diagonal el rail and monorail over a straight RHW and vice versa?
~ NAM Team Member

metarvo

It's nice to see a development pic, Alex.  More diagonals were already one of my most-anticipated and most-predicted elements of RHW 4.0, and this pic serves to reinforce that.  I am not going to even think about release dates this time, but this really does look good, Alex.  :thumbsup:  Of course, it means that my workaround pretty much goes out the window.  ::)  It'll be worth it, though.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

bthersh

Quote from: Swamper77 on March 13, 2009, 12:08:24 PM
I do not want to remodel those elevated RHW4 models. I had a hard enough time making them in the first place and getting them into the game. :'(

-Jan

Personally, I don't mind the difference between orthogonal and diagonal EL-RHW4s - I think they look good as they are.  Although I wouldn't mind a smooth curve puzzle piece at some point down the road. :)  But I feel presumptuous even saying that - I am happy as it is and very thankful for all the work you all have put into this project (and all the other projects here), and from what little I know, I am amazed at the amount of time and effort has gone into it all.

- Brian

woodb3kmaster

Oh Alex, it's been said a thousand times already, but you really are a tease!

Seriously, though, thank you for confirming that RHW 4.0 will have more diagonal overpasses. Would it be wrong of me to assume that the team is also working on diagonal X-over-RHW underpasses?

Regardless, keep up the outstanding work!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

fivexthethird

In the highway menu, all the RHW pieces are doubled.
But good mod nothingless &apls

nerdly_dood

Whoa, I missed the diagonal EL-RHW overpasses! Very nice! :thumbsup:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Tarkus

Quote from: fivexthethird on March 14, 2009, 09:04:03 PM
In the highway menu, all the RHW pieces are doubled.

It sounds like you have a second copy of the RHW installed somewhere in your Plugins folder.  That's the only thing that can cause duplicate icons.  Do a search for "Rural", and delete the one that's not in the Network Addon Mod\Rural Highway Mod folder.

At any rate, 'tis teaser time.

Not sure anyone needs to be able to do this, but it's there.

-Alex

fivexthethird

Quote from: Tarkus on March 14, 2009, 09:23:27 PM
It sounds like you have a second copy of the RHW installed somewhere in your Plugins folder.  That's the only thing that can cause duplicate icons.  Do a search for "Rural", and delete the one that's not in the Network Addon Mod\Rural Highway Mod folder.
[snipped]
And the problem was right in front of my face.
The duplicate was in the network addon mod folder, as RHW.
Thanks.
Also nice pictures.