• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shanghai kid

@Tarkus/Alex wow :shocked2:, that Diverging Diamond Interchange puzzle piece is amazing  &apls &apls &apls

EDIT: welcome to page 291 :thumbsup:
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

Tarkus

Quote from: TEG24601 on September 20, 2009, 01:07:07 AM
I do have the July RHW and July NAM updates, and I just re-installed them, and I'm still having the issue.

I've just checked the controller included in the July 2009 NAM Essentials (which is the same file that's in the July NAM).  The bug has been fixed in it, so there's likely an outdated controller with the bug in it laying in your Plugins somewhere.

-Alex

Glazert

I don't really get the Diverging Diamond Interchange puzzle piece. Perhaps it is just part of an overall interchange. Otherwise it seems to be a way of switching from Left-Hand Drive to Right-Hand Drive but in one direction only.

MandelSoft

Quote from: Glazert on September 20, 2009, 02:03:13 AM
I don't really get the Diverging Diamond Interchange puzzle piece. Perhaps it is just part of an overall interchange. Otherwise it seems to be a way of switching from Left-Hand Drive to Right-Hand Drive but in one direction only.

Here's a Wikipedia article for more info.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Glazert

Thanks for the Wikipedia link, mrtnrln. That does make it clear now. I think I will probably stick with roundabouts at such points though.

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: Tarkus on September 20, 2009, 12:45:55 AM
Double post . . . but I have development to show. ;)

I've been working on revising the Diverging Diamond Interchange puzzle pieces to get the ramp geometry a bit better.  The piece now sits on a 6x3 footprint, with one tile cutouts on either side at the top and bottom, and is designed to connect to an RHW-4 on the ends.

I still have a few minor adjustments on the textures, plus stop points and some T21ing.

-Alex

Fantastic. I love it.

joelyboy911

I'm confused about the diverging diamond puzzle piece. I understand the concept of the diverging diamond, but I don't understand some of the road markings on your piece. In the USA, the triangles represent yield or give way do they not? So what, then do the single lines and double lines across some of the lanes show? I can see that there are some more places that need yield markings, or are the double white lines for where there are supposed to be traffic lights? If so, are the double lines on the left hand side exit of the intersection redundant? I don't presume they are for pedestrians to cross.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Ryan B.

Single lines are "stop lines" / "stop bars", and represent where traffic must stop.  Double lines are crosswalks.  Vehicles must also stop before entering the crosswalk.

pilotdaryl

I believed this is configured so, to avoid pedestrians blocking some of the yield lanes they cross traffic as well and then go over the freeway in the median.

joelyboy911

But I question whether pedestrians are allowed onto a motorway interchange in ordinary situations? And RHW doesn't allow ped traffic in the game anyway, does it?
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Tarkus

Quote from: joelyboy911 on September 21, 2009, 09:07:45 PM
But I question whether pedestrians are allowed onto a motorway interchange in ordinary situations? And RHW doesn't allow ped traffic in the game anyway, does it?

Well, at that point, they're not crossing a motorway but simply a surface street and ramp beginnings/ends, which is not really any different than you'd have at a standard diamond interchange.

As far as the in-game functionality goes, the pedestrian movements are all on tiles that are declared as Avenue in the CheckType definition for the piece.

-Alex

joelyboy911

Ah... OK. I suppose the layout actually does make sense.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Andreas

It'll take a pedestrian quite a while to cross all those ped crossings. Looking at that design, there are four traffic lights, with alternating red/green phases, so depending on how long the green phases are, a person will have to wait four times for a green light. Fortunately, there are usually not that many pedestrians near a highway onramp (even in developed areas), so this is acceptable. Personally, I'd still build two roundabouts instead of such a diverging diamond, though.  %confuso  I was quite surprised to see SPUI's popping up in Germany recently, though - I always thought this was a very American design as well.
Andreas

MandelSoft

The diverging diamond is an interesting design, but I think we Europeans will never use it.

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: mrtnrln on September 22, 2009, 04:59:12 AM
The diverging diamond is an interesting design, but I think we Europeans will never use it.

Even though it was the French that invented it?  ::)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Andreas

Andreas

MandelSoft

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on September 22, 2009, 06:13:23 AM
Even though it was the French that invented it?  ::)

Ah, that explains a lot  $%Grinno$% (just kidding!)

Ramona Brie

If there were a version of this piece that was just the different directions switching sides...I could have an interesting idea for a two-level non-cloverleaf fully-directional highway interchange...

TEG24601

Quote from: Tarkus on September 20, 2009, 01:52:54 AM
I've just checked the controller included in the July 2009 NAM Essentials (which is the same file that's in the July NAM).  The bug has been fixed in it, so there's likely an outdated controller with the bug in it laying in your Plugins somewhere.

-Alex

I found it.  I forgot to replace the Right Hand Drive file.

However, now that I updated, I cannot build any RHW Bridges.  I just get the message that it cannot be built on this terrain type.  I have in the past been able to build RHW Bridges.

TEG

Xcathdra

I am new here, so I appologize if this question has been asked / answered / what not... First off love all the ideas you guys are working on.

My question is this:

Is there, or will there be, any water bridges created for the 6 or 10 lane highway pieces?

Thanks