• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerdly_dood

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

woodb3kmaster

Thanks for your reply, choco! I had forgotten about the demo you linked to, but after reviewing it, I can see that my comments at the time were well-founded. Great work!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

dragonshardz

Quote from: choco on December 03, 2009, 05:35:59 AM
its kinda eerie that you would mention such a thing, at this moment...i haven't thrown out many teasers as of late, but i just started looking into what it takes to convert Maxis bridges to other networks. 

*cues Twilight Zone theme*

choco, man, that's eerie for sure. I won't really have time* to poke around at all until Christmas break in two weeks or so, but I'll keep your offer in mind.

*Mostly because I've got some stuff to test, and a region I'd been working on since September so I could revive my MD died on me... :'(

Ryan B.

Friends, I just have one thing to say:

The gauntlet has been thrown.

Oh, snap.

Nice work, choco!

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

imperialmog

I am really impressed with some of the upcoming features that have been previewed. Has a diverging diamond interchange complete version been shown yet?

Also I haven't seen this mentioned and have seen postings of variants, but are there plans for adding t21 exemplars to the RHW to have things like road signs or signals appear where appropriate? (Example merge signs appearing on the highway at an on-ramp) Another similar thing I was thinking was since I have had this issue is I want to put Toll Plazas on RHW to make a TollRHW as well as making a rest area along the road.

emgmod

I'm not sure about T21 road signs, but toll booths in various stages were shown somewhere in this thread. I'll try to find the posts for you.

Toll: 1 2 3

Ryan B.

Quote from: imperialmog on December 08, 2009, 10:23:15 PM
I am really impressed with some of the upcoming features that have been previewed. Has a diverging diamond interchange complete version been shown yet?

Also I haven't seen this mentioned and have seen postings of variants, but are there plans for adding t21 exemplars to the RHW to have things like road signs or signals appear where appropriate? (Example merge signs appearing on the highway at an on-ramp) Another similar thing I was thinking was since I have had this issue is I want to put Toll Plazas on RHW to make a TollRHW as well as making a rest area along the road.

Maybe this will answer your question:

just_a_guy

That looks really cool! Will all interchanges have signs with them or i this just an example? I just thought the yellow paint on that is a bit too bright maybe. But it's still really awesome!
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

metarvo

Delicious! :D  I'll be sure to make room for this interchange somewhere, even if it's just to have all of these signs appear in my city.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

choco

imperialmog

That diverging diamond with the signs looks great, Are there going to be signals as well with it and when will we see a completed functional intersection of one.

Also, is there going to be a preview page coming up showing what content will be added? I have seen different things but it is a pain to page through everything.

Extra: I am trying to get the multilane RHW to connect to 2 cities but it isn't working. Is there a tutorial as to how to do it right? And is there a preview of any workarounds being done for the update?

Ryan B.

Quote from: imperialmog on December 13, 2009, 06:37:58 AM
That diverging diamond with the signs looks great, Are there going to be signals as well with it and when will we see a completed functional intersection of one.

Also, is there going to be a preview page coming up showing what content will be added? I have seen different things but it is a pain to page through everything.

Extra: I am trying to get the multilane RHW to connect to 2 cities but it isn't working. Is there a tutorial as to how to do it right? And is there a preview of any workarounds being done for the update?

Alex (Tarkus) will be handling the traffic signals for this one.  Maarten will be doing the Euro signage.

AFAIK, there won't be a "preview page" - it adds to the surprise & mystery of the NAM.  ;)

Also, to answer your final question, I don't believe you can connect a multi-lane RHW (-6,8,10) to a neighbouring city.  This capability will come in the next NAM.

Tarkus

Well, the piece already functions just fine--the paths and RULs are in place.  I can confirm what Ryan said above me, though, that there will be signals down the line.

I'll confirm that there won't be a "preview page".  Even as we're developing stuff, we don't know what will make it into each release.  It's been suggested before, but we've never gone with it as it would likely cause just as many issues as it would solve.

Actually, there is at the bottom of the sticky post that appears at the top of every page of this thread.  See FAQ Item #17, "How do I make Neighbor Connections with the Wider RHWs?"  It includes a pic of a properly functioning RHW-6C neighbor connection with the recommended "Loop Connector" workaround.

There is a new method being developed that's a bit easier to use and more appealing visually, but it's not much to look at, really.  It looks just like a neighbor connection without a workaround. :)

-Alex

Blue Lightning

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

dragonshardz

canyonjumper

I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

itsacoaster

Ah, yes, a diagonal piece for RHW 6C.   Just what my freeways need.  No more ugly workarounds.  &apls