• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattyFo

Thanks for the quick response Tarkus!  I managed to get it working by just "stretching" it out a bit.  ;)   However, I did look for the FLEXFly pieces but I looked everywhere and found nothing of the sort. Where are the FLEXFly pieces located in my menu?  Were they an optional Addon I forgot to install with RHW 4.0?

- Matt

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

Blue Lightning

FLEXFly is located at the end of the curves button. hit SHIFT-TAB to go directly to it.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

MattyFo

I'll try that.  I guess I didn't check EVERYWHERE..... :P

- Matt

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

citybuilderx

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I came accross this issue earlier today:

I have tried clicking around with RHW and OWR3 and updated the RHW and NWM with the newest patchs but to no avail . It don't think it is just a texture issue as it doesn't allow UDI to go through it but the OWR3 is fine. I don't know if this problem if LHD specific (I have LHD), or just a general problem with OWR3 and ERHW4 compatabilty.
Aim for the stars and you might make the moon,
aim for the moon and you might not get there.

Nego

I think it's a general problem with OWR-3 and ERHW-4 compatibility for everyone because I have the same problem. The RHW will 'flip' the wrong way when I drag OWR-3 underneath it, and I have RHD. When I click around, though, the ERHW-4 will revert to normal, but the OWR-3 will revert back to OWR-2. I've tried rebuilding, rearranging, but nothing works. I also have the ERHWs right next to each other instead of one tile apart like citybuilderx does.

Tarkus

Quote from: citybuilderx on July 10, 2010, 07:02:50 AM
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I came accross this issue earlier today:

Someone else reported that a few days ago . . . I have it fixed on my end now.  The EMIS-over-OWR-3 suffered from the same issue, and it's been fixed as well, and both should work properly after the "bugfix" release.

-Alex

Aldini10

&hlp  Dang, NAM Team! You guys can fixany minor bug or issue in a small amount of time. If I tried to fix an issue, I'd probably crash my computer-which happened yesterday ()sad()- I'd like to take this time to thank the Nam Team before something vital to Simcity 4 gets released. You guys are awesome. &hlp &apls

kaylacey

I can't get any housing or commercial to grow when it is facing the RHW.  Why not?

Tarkus

Quote from: kaylacey on July 11, 2010, 10:51:34 AM
I can't get any housing or commercial to grow when it is facing the RHW.  Why not?

The RHW, being a Highway-type network, generally does not support zones along it.  There is a note about this in the Readme under the section describing the networks:

All RHW networks are also highway-type networks, meaning that they generally do not allow access to RCI Zones.

Somehow I neglected to add that to the FAQ . . . that shall be rectified. ;)

-Alex

Monorail Master

Quote from: Tarkus on July 11, 2010, 11:05:33 AM
The RHW, being a Highway-type network, generally does not support zones along it.  There is a note about this in the Readme under the section describing the networks:

Somehow I neglected to add that to the FAQ . . . that shall be rectified. ;)

-Alex

Actually, I can get Commercial and Industrial to grow up when right next to any RHW network. I need to post some pics of this when Mom allows me on my laptop. I'm just posting thins on my iPod Touch.  ;D
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Tarkus

Quote from: Monorail Master on July 12, 2010, 07:08:11 AM
Actually, I can get Commercial and Industrial to grow up when right next to any RHW network. I need to post some pics of this when Mom allows me on my laptop. I'm just posting thins on my iPod Touch.  ;D

From my own trials, the RHW-2 does not allow zones at all.  The override-based ones can, on occasion, allow C and I, but never R.  I don't really advertise that fact, though. 

-Alex

Blue Lightning

Well, I'm able to get any zone to grow along an RHW... with a little trick ;)

Hint: Starter pieces. Specifically stubs.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Aldini10

Ooh! A "secret" way of zoning along a highway! It would suck to see your car crashed up a few miles along the highway. You shouldn't tell us yet, you tease! :-X

remanh

sitejunction

I thought it was the Type of Network. Because i was able to zone with a RHW-4, but not a RHW-6

j-dub

QuoteHint: Starter pieces. Specifically stubs.

Quotebut not a RHW-6

Now, RHW-6 + stubs + RHW cosmetic pieces= ()what() (play for yourself, now see what happens with RCI along that type of RHW, results may vary)

Aldini10

Drag the starter, just like any regular person would do, then fill the whole strech of highway wirh cosmetic pieces. Or place a bunch of starter pieces next to each other, I haven't done this yet, because I lost my hard drive to a monster virus, and I can't find my SC4Deluxe disks. But I will try it very soon to see if it works.

blade2k5

Not sure if this is the place to post about some issues with RHW, but if not, I couldn't find a separate thread for troubleshooting RHW, so here goes.

First, in the pic below, is there anyway to bridge my 8-lane freeway as shown with an avenue?  You can see that there is puzzle pieces for that to do so, but the two opposites lanes of traffic are spaced further apart than my freeway.  There's one for a 6-lane as pictured below but I'm wondering if there are there any puzzle pieces to accommodate my 8-lane?

Second, in the pic below, what the heck am I missing for just this one piece?  It's the only one that has this problem.

Thanks.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

deathtopumpkins

You just need to rotate one of the avenue-over-RHW 8 pieces so the yellow line is on the inside and they'll fit.

As for that puzzle piece, have you installed all of the patches?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

blade2k5

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on July 12, 2010, 06:28:50 PM
You just need to rotate one of the avenue-over-RHW 8 pieces so the yellow line is on the inside and they'll fit.

I tried that, but it still puts that space between the opposite lanes of traffic which throws the rest of my freeway off.  In the pic, you can see that my freeway has the opposite lanes of traffic closer together, where the bridge pieces add in that space.

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on July 12, 2010, 06:28:50 PMAs for that puzzle piece, have you installed all of the patches?

Ok, now you have me confused.  What patches?

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.