• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Lightning

WAVERide isn't just FLEXFly styled puzzle pieces...
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

fedorr

Quote from: Blue Lightning on August 22, 2010, 07:10:31 AM
Then what is WAVERide exactly? What is possible with WAVERide.

Aldini10

I need a puzzle piece. A 4 lane shift with a MIS lane going in. I dont have a pic, I will post here what I mean.

||
             / /l
            / / l <--MIS
           / /  l
          || <--4 lane shift

Sorry for the bad post I just need this piece. Also, what is WAVERide?

Highrise99

jdenm8

Quote from: Blue Lightning on August 22, 2010, 07:10:31 AM

Well, we don't really know what WAVEride is I guess. All we have seen that uses WAVEride is FLEXfly so the link is obvious and natural. Though, you have piqued our interest.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: jdenm8 on August 22, 2010, 04:56:25 PM
All we have seen that uses WAVEride is FLEXfly so the link is obvious and natural.

Well, I've read somewhere in this thread that the SPUI can be converted into WAVERide...

The thing about WAVERide, as I have found from reading the readme, is that as long as the starter piece parts are intact, the entire piece can be regenerated. In the case of the Flexible Flyover pieces, it's the EMIS part.

Two traits of WAVERide, as far as I can deduce at this point: Flexibility and the ability to be regenerated.

I had one crazy idea: A WAVERide version of the Ground MIS 90 degree wide-radius curve (The big WRC, not the 2X2 draggable one), allowing ERHW-4 and EMIS to be dragged over it, and, unless the idea is too radical and impossible, the ability to stack the FLEXFly on top of the FLEX-WRC. Imagine...

Maybe I can "Paint.NET" a picture to show what I mean...?
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Nego

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on August 22, 2010, 08:30:35 PM
Well, I've read somewhere in this thread that the SPUI can be converted into WAVERide...

I had one crazy idea: A WAVERide version of the Ground MIS 90 degree wide-radius curve (The big WRC, not the 2X2 draggable one), allowing ERHW-4 and EMIS to be dragged over it, and, unless the idea is too radical and impossible, the ability to stack the FLEXFly on top of the FLEX-WRC. Imagine...

Maybe I can "Paint.NET" a picture to show what I mean...?

The SPUI converted to WAVERide? That sounds interesting. And so does the idea of a FLEX-WRC for the MIS 90 degree curve. I can see how that would be useful.
Oh and BTW, does anyone know what 'WAVERide' actually stands for?

BTW, is it just me or has SC4D been slow lately? &Thk/(

Haljackey

Quote from: Nego on August 22, 2010, 09:04:12 PM
BTW, is it just me or has SC4D been slow lately? &Thk/(

Ah, the dog days of summer. A lot of people are on vacation and what not. On top of that a new NAM came out so they deserve a rest. Don't worry, things will pick up a bit as the (Northern Hemisphere's) summer comes to an end.

(I just got the new NAM and RHW installed today lol!)

Tarkus

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on August 22, 2010, 08:30:35 PM

As far as I know, a ground FLEXFly is in fact planned for down the road (no pun intended ::)).  With regards to stacking FLEXFly upon FLEXFly . . . I can only imagine the RULs that would require. :D  

Since several folks have asked what WAVERide is, it's not an acronym, but rather a "brand name" of sorts, essentially referring to modding techniques involving various sorts of quasi-draggable/semi-draggable-type network items.  

-Alex

smileymk

Quote from: Tarkus on August 22, 2010, 09:53:12 PM
Since several folks have asked what WAVERide is, it's not an acronym, but rather a "brand name" of sorts, essentially referring to modding techniques involving various sorts of quasi-draggable/semi-draggable-type network items.  

-Alex

Eh? Quasi-draggable? Semi-draggable? In English please! 

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

MandelSoft

^^ It is plain English, actually. There are simply no better terms for quasi-draggable and semi-draggable.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Blue Lightning

Ooops, looks like I should clarify...

WAVERide (or override wave) is a method where, using anchor point tiles OR Individual Network RUL triggers (such as with DRIs) to initiate an override to draw a setup, allow for extremely flexible setups, extensibility, regenerability (usually), and draggable solutions to normally considered impossible to drag setups (barring autoplace puzzlepieces, and we all know what happened with autoplace FAR).

Currently the WAVERide you all know very well is the anchor point puzzle placed based FLEXFly system. A WAVERide SPUI would allow for various different RHW's to pass over/under the SPUI without having to make a puzzle piece for all of those setups.

Future FLEXFly stuffs:
Ground FLEXFly (FLEXUnder?): Planned: MIS-1 90 large, MIS-1 45, RHW-4 45 single and dual
FLEXFly x FLEXFly: Planned, but will have to wait until other ERHW heights are developed.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Nego

Hey guys, check this out:

:blahblah: The NAM-DC*, a cool new way to download the NAM and its components. "$Deal"$

*roll over for the acronym

santoan

Quote from: Tarkus on August 21, 2010, 10:28:46 PM
I just attempted downloading it myself off both the LEX and the STEX at ST.  Neither one came out corrupted for me--it may be a connection issue.

-Alex
I will use the lex one.

Rionescu

Hey guys, I have a piece that I'd love to see included. It's pretty simple, it's just a different texture for dual RHW-4 to RH-6S that would bring it up to worldwide standards by making one lane down the entire entering RHW-4. I've seen it a few times before in reality, incuding twice in this interchange. As a side-note, that interchange should be RHW-able since it's only 2 levels. I also photoshopped an in-game pic to give a better idea of exactly what I'd like to see. As comparison, the top one is a mirror image of what we have right now. You can clearly see in the picture what I mean about the merging room, since the cars could merge in anywhere along the merging RHW-4...well theoretically, the sims are too stupid to do it.

Thanks for taking the time to consider this and whether you include this or not, the RHW is great and is probably one of my favourite aspects of SC4.

jdenm8

We do something (slightly) different here and place the broken line along the centre, Like here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?t=k&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=-27.596776,152.846072&spn=0.001112,0.002642&z=19
There's another instance about 900m away to the left.

Admittedly, that area is under reconfiguration at present so I don't know of the future state (They an inside ramp for that overpass now (It's completely different), it's so inconvenient).

If we could have something along those lines too, I'd be thrilled.

And as an added bonus, here's a weird T intersection near there:
http://maps.google.com/maps?t=k&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=-27.59105,152.831433&spn=0.001113,0.002642&z=19
and a dumbell with a difference :P
http://maps.google.com/maps?t=k&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=-27.575024,152.789354&spn=0.004451,0.010568&z=17

If you're interested, there's a few weird intersections along that stretch of the Warrego Highway. (like one that's sort of Half a Parclo, Half a dumbbell)

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Rionescu

Oh yeah, almost all of our exits are like that first one, except we don't have the dotted line there. Our equivalent looks like this, almost the same. That entry ramp 100m to the left on the other hand is exactly what I want, and is a better example than mine.

BTW, everyone keep in mind that Aussies drive on the left while Canadians drive on the right.

Nego

In, New Jersey, the exit ramps are like thextures Rionescu showed before, but the entrance ramps are like the current RHW ones.

Example of an Exit ramp: here and to the right of that is an example of an entrance ramp.

Nexis4Jersey

Quote from: Nego on August 25, 2010, 12:09:02 PM
In, New Jersey, the exit ramps are like thextures Rionescu showed before, but the entrance ramps are like the current RHW ones.

Example of an Exit ramp: here and to the right of that is an example of an entrance ramp.

Ugh that Interchange is terrible , its a shame the won't build the Route 15 Rail line.....sigh...