• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riiga

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on June 26, 2011, 10:46:52 PM
To me, that would require OWR Ramps with MIS connections, akin to Maarten's AVE-4 ramps, which would then connect to existing RHW ramps.
Since avenues have transitions to OWR-2, that wouldn't be a problem. Just plop the AVE-4 ramp and connect the OWR-2 and MIS.  ;)

ps2owner

There needs to be GLR under ERHW. I had to do a complicated thing with my RHW involving moving one half of a complex ramp and FLUPs to get it to work.
And I was going to request something else, but I forgot. Dang.
Short Term Memory Loss

smartbylaw

So one question.

What is the next RHW release official name? Is it RHW 4.2 or RHW 5.0? Personally I like 5.0 better seeing as it gives it more of personality and will be easier to type lol.  :thumbsup:

Nego

@smartbylaw: The next version of the RealHighway Mod will officially be called RHW v5.0. :thumbsup:

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: ps2owner on June 27, 2011, 07:00:03 PM
There needs to be GLR under ERHW. I had to do a complicated thing with my RHW involving moving one half of a complex ramp and FLUPs to get it to work.
And I was going to request something else, but I forgot. Dang.
If you look on page 411 of this thread, you'll find this picture:
Quote from: Tarkus on June 06, 2011, 01:42:55 PM

Here's another one, from page 406:
Quote from: Tarkus on June 02, 2011, 01:44:30 PM

Amazing, what one can find simply by looking through older pages of this thread... ;)

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

jibjohn

Just a quick one, is there any way to stop the traffic speed dropping to street speed at junctions with streets on the rhw-2 & rhw-4 (without switching to rhw-2 before the junction)?
It's just that the queue of slow moving traffic before the priority junction on the major road is a little unrealistic,
thanks, John

jdenm8

It's a problem with the game. It happens on Road and Avenue as well.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Shadow Assassin

Another pair of pieces that will be available in game...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

ivo_su

Shadow Assassin commend them for their work  and excellent idea. We really received very well and I'm definitely impressed. Show more such miracles if you get a chance.

- Ivo

io_bg

Looks great SA! Though I think those would look better with extended medians like in this picture: (click on the thumbnail for full size)

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

itsacoaster

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on July 05, 2011, 05:47:46 AM
Another pair of pieces that will be available in game...

Any chance there will be a FAMIS->FARHW-4 transition to go along with it?

Tarkus

Quote from: itsacoaster on July 06, 2011, 09:24:17 AM
Any chance there will be a FAMIS->FARHW-4 transition to go along with it?

Yes, there will be one in the next release.

-Alex

sepen77

Quote from: io_bg on July 06, 2011, 04:39:18 AM

I like the extended medians better aswell. But I find the crosswalks to be alittle odd. I dont know about the rest of the world, but here in Canada, pedestrians dont need to cross at every intersection, especially at a highway on/off ramp because there is nothing at the other side!

Also, it would look much better if the FARHW-4 would split right near the road so that the left turn lane would face less right and more left so the drivers wont have to do 60degree turns.

I believe the above few recommendations would definitely make not only RHW but the entire SC4 community a better place  :D :P

Just recommendations though. I hope the RHW will come out soon so that when and if my SC4 disk arrives via UPS, I'll be able to get the new NAM, RHW, and NWM with it. ;D

Thank you NAM Team, for using soo much of your own time just to make sc4 a better game.

EDIT: I quickly ps'd the above image to show the tiny change. I only altered the off ramp.

EDIT 2: I just noticed that I put the stop line for westbound avenue alittle too close so it wouldn't fit with the TuLEP. Push it back alittle.
~ Sepen77

Starmanw402007

RHW 5.0 Is looking great, cant wait for the release. Those new double-deckers will look great in my city along with the new mediams. Keep up the great work with the updates Nam team!!! :) :thumbsup:
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

mikeseith

This is so cool.  You guys keep out-doing yourselves. Bravo... &apls

Haljackey

Awwww Yeahhhhh. Awesome.

Try watching it on Youtube with 'Cosmic Panda'. http://www.youtube.com/cosmicpanda

sitejunction

&apls This release is going to be awesome. I also noticed some interesting new features as you were cycling through stuff in that video. I wonder if sometime in the future we will get features like this for NWM networks.

io_bg

Aaahhh I can't wait for the RHW 5.0 :D Fantastic work RHW team! &apls
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November