• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdenm8

Quote from: ivo_su on September 04, 2011, 06:24:50 PM
Quote from: noahclem on September 04, 2011, 06:14:01 PM
@ivo_su - I'm sorry but I think your comments toward jdenm8 are extremely rude. I speak for myself and not the NAM development team, but please stop saying things like that. Very inappropriate.

Extremely  rough it ??
Wow I tried to be ironic and I'm sorry if you misunderstood me, maybe not deal sufficiently with the English words for which I apologize. Maybe when I saw Stone Cold Steve Austin I'm left with the belief that in America "hell" is not a bad expression is used as slang for a big surprise.

Best wishes
- Ivo

Actually, here 'What the hell' is usually said in an incredulous manner, usually an insulting statement.
I just assume it's the automatic translator which I assume you use.

The word "Hell" on its own holds no offence, it's how you use it.

It's like the word simple. The word is harmless, but when phrased similar to "That person is very Simple" is suddenly becomes an effective insult.

As for my avatar, It's just a trio of floating point integers with arrows beside them and the word 'approaching' at the top. Read it however you please  :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

ivo_su

jdenm8  I hope that you not be angry with me if I offend you with my expression.  As for your avatar, he enticed me  and I clicked over 1000 times on LEX refresh  the hope that today will be great NAM day.
But as long as we deviate from the basic things you think I'm right about the cat's eyes?

Best,
- Ivo

jdenm8

Nah, I'm not upset (It takes a lot to make me upset, only one person in this community has managed to do it) :D

As for the catseyes, I agree with you, snowplows would be a significant problem for on-surface catseyes, probably explaining their absence from Europe.
Contrary to popular assumption, it does actually snow in Australia ( ::) ) and in those locations there's no on-surface catseyes, they're instead only on poles with reflective lane markings replacing the on-surface catseyes which follows the standard for rural highways here.

Ramona Brie

I'd also like to point out that ivo_su is probably using an online translator (his first language is Bulgarian, I take it) or broken English. Both of those do not carry cultural connotations well at all. For instance, in Spanish, there are three synonymous verbs: coger, tomar, and agarrar. I'm in my fifth year of Spanish study and I've only just learned that in some countries the first of those three is sometimes offensive in certain countries.

jdenm8

Quote from: jdenm8 on September 04, 2011, 06:28:54 PM

Not to mention that siad translators tend to be downright terrible :P

Ramona Brie

I'm so darned anxious and wanting a chance to finally tear up some roads. (I have one already allotted for an AVE-6!)

Nanami

Quote from: Tarkus on September 04, 2011, 09:57:20 AM

Quote from: 976 on September 04, 2011, 09:02:01 AM
When I built RHW system, I have to wait about 45-60 seconds every time I built MIS system. and is getting longer to wait when there's more MIS network.
Is there anyway to solve this bug?

oh yeah I use left hand game and NAM.

From the sounds of it, there's some missing path files on your end--make sure you've installed the RHW's left-hand drive plugin as well, and don't have any outdated bridge controllers (which contain all the LHD path remapping info) floating around (the MIS once required separate LHD paths due to a blanket remap that was once in place circa RHW 2.0--that was changed such that separate LHD paths were no longer required sometime before RHW 3.0).  Use the DrawPaths cheat on it to see what's up with it--there should be green arrows there if it's working.

-Alex
Well, I'll see what happened when I see the path. and also what is the latest version of bridge controllers?
Quote from: GDO29Anagram on September 04, 2011, 09:43:46 AM
Quote from: 976 on September 04, 2011, 09:02:01 AM
When I built RHW system, I have to wait about 45-60 seconds every time I built MIS system. and is getting longer to wait when there's more MIS network.

The NAM and all its plugins (RHW, NWM, etc) have LHD support for LHD users. Are you sure you have that installed?

Also, if you have the Extra Cheats DLL, use the drawpaths cheat; If there are no green paths (or if they're facing the wrong way), then you certainly have a problem.

I've seen it already in my plugins folder.
ok I'll try to see for the drawpath of the network.

MandelSoft

Quote from: jdenm8 on September 04, 2011, 08:57:50 PM

Not to mention that siad translators tend to be downright terrible :P
- This text is written with my own knowledg of English. Sure, I make some mistakes, but overall it's not much.
- This text I am using an internet translator of Google wrote. As you can see there are quite a few grammatical errors. For example in the previous sentence was a reference word should be.

People, if you can write English, don't use translators.

BTW, I like your new avatar jdenm8 :)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jibjohn

@mrtnrln (and anyone talking about the reflectors)
here (in the UK) we have posts like this every 100 meters on motorways and trunk roads (roads controlled and owned by central government (rather than county councils (normally))), on other roads you will often find black and white stripy posts, with reflectors, around dangerous corners and buildings close to the carriageway, just to draw attention to the edge of the road.
John

EDIT: obviously not forgetting the UK is pretty much the land of road-surface cats eyes (well we invented them)

Kitsune

Quote from: jdenm8 on September 04, 2011, 06:46:29 PM
Nah, I'm not upset (It takes a lot to make me upset, only one person in this community has managed to do it) :D

As for the catseyes, I agree with you, snowplows would be a significant problem for on-surface catseyes, probably explaining their absence from Europe.
Contrary to popular assumption, it does actually snow in Australia ( ::) ) and in those locations there's no on-surface catseyes, they're instead only on poles with reflective lane markings replacing the on-surface catseyes which follows the standard for rural highways here.

I've seen on-surface cat eyes in Northern Ontario in recent years... there actually becoming popular. And the snow plows dont have an issue with them, and neither do chains-on-tires. I'm guessing they've found some kind of way to really anchor them in.
~ NAM Team Member

Blue Lightning

In Ohio (it snows here a good deal) we have reflectors recessed into the road with metal rails on the side, in addition to reflectors mounted on posts, guardrails, walls, and signs.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

bthersh

Blue Lightning got to it first, but cat's eyes are similar in Virginia (and throughout the northeastern U.S.) - the reflectors are either placed into divots cut out from the road or they are anchored into the road - this allows the road to be plowed without damage to the reflector.  On another note, I am looking forward to the next release!  Thanks for all the hard work, NAM Team!

metarvo

As for my avatar, It's just a trio of floating point integers with arrows beside them and the word 'approaching' at the top. Read it however you please  :P

I think I've figured out what the numbers are meant to represent, but I'll refrain from giving away my guess to preserve the suspense for everyone else.  (I'm sure they've figured it out too! ;D)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Gugu3

Hi to everybody!
I can't wait for RHW 5.0 release!just to know...is a RHW new Euro texture going to be released?Because I know that some puzzle pieces will change their size so I imagine the old texture won't work any more,will it? ()what()
Thank you ;D
P.S. your mods are magnificent!!Good job!!!! &apls

Exla357

@Gugu3: As always, a European texture mod will be released simotaneously with the RHW.

Tarkus

Quote from: Exla357 on September 05, 2011, 09:11:30 AM
@Gugu3: As always, a European texture mod will be released simotaneously with the RHW.

Actually, we've never had a simultaneous release of a Euro texture mod and the RHW.  It's always been at least a few days afterward at the earliest.

-Alex

Terring7

I always use railroads to connect my cities, but I'm waiting the double decker highways to build them &dance
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Nanami

I've try the drawpaths cheats and this what I got:

do you know how to solve this?

Tarkus

You've definitely got a conflicting Network INI file, likely in the form of a pre-2009 Bridge Controller or the outdated versions of fukuda's bridges that were previously on the STEX (which contain Network INIs from 2006 that will prevent any bridge made in the past 5 years from working). 

As I recall, the UK Path Remapping section before 2009 took all the paths with Instance IDs in the 0x5D###### range and remapped them to 0x7D######--that was rectified with the NAM Version 24 release in January 2009 (which coincided with the release of RHW Version 3.0). 

The MIS lies in the 0x5DE##### range, and thus, it's getting remapped to point to paths that don't exist. The other MIS-related pieces you have there (FLEXFly, the ramp interfaces) lie within a different Instance ID range that isn't being remapped, which explains why they are working.

All you need to do is find the conflicting file and pull it out.  Alternatively, you can also run the NAM's Cleanitol file and reinstall the NAM, which would automate the process to an extent.  Of course, you'd probably want to wait until NAM Version 30 comes out before doing so. ;)

-Alex

Nanami

Thanks for the information! I'll try to found the conflicting and reinstall the NAM.

Also if I reinstall it, will I also reinstall the NWM and RHW?