• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

@AngryBirdsFan436

Unless that booth used a different texture, I thought the current RHW contained textures that show up in the overlay textures, but you still would need to redo the toll booth textures yourself, especially if that booth was made for a previous generation RHW. Unless, you did look thru the overlay textures, and it's not showing up for you, then I really don't know. You may also need to save a new copy of the toll booth with the improvements when your done, if it still don't show up on the original.

jdenm8

Actually, I don't think Tarkus ever got around to make a replacement for that pack. Unlike most other texture packs, this would be a straight override, no need to change anything in LE.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

riiga

Progress on the RHW-4 toll booth:

It works, but I'll need to supply RHW-4 paths instead of the standard RHW-2 (unless I can figure out how to transit-enable directly for RHW-4...)

Blue Lightning has accepted the task of making American textures, but if someone else wants to have a go at it, I can send you the Euro texture to use as reference.

apeguy

That toll booth is excellent! I like the addition of the lanes for emergency vehicles. :thumbsup: (I'm assuming that's what the red lanes are for)

Is there an LHD version planned? ;D ;D

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

riiga

Quote from: apeguy on June 28, 2012, 03:14:24 PM
That toll booth is excellent! I like the addition of the lanes for emergency vehicles. :thumbsup: (I'm assuming that's what the red lanes are for)

Is there an LHD version planned? ;D ;D
Nope, the red lanes are tag-lanes, which you can use if you have an electronic responder or "tag". Saves you the hassle of having to stop/slow down. Currently there isn't any LHD version planned, but if I find time I might re-render it for LHD.

kassarc16

Quote from: riiga on June 28, 2012, 01:18:59 PMIt works, but I'll need to supply RHW-4 paths instead of the standard RHW-2 (unless I can figure out how to transit-enable directly for RHW-4...)

Well, you could use 1Way as a workaround.

Wiimeiser

I was thinking there could be E-Tolls as well?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

jondor

@Gugu3: The 6S (and the 4) are also going to get the model-based treatment (already have in fact, just need some tweaking).  Since they're both single tile networks they'll have a tighter draggable curve, roughly equivalent to the current RHW-4 curve with an extra lane on the inside or the outside for the 6S.

The 6C, et al on the other hand will be getting a wide draggable curve that takes full advantage of the available tiles.

@riiga:  In order to get RHW-4 paths on a TE lot (or any other override network paths for that matter), you have to specify the path file IID (which has to have a GID of A966883F) in the 16th rep of the LotConfigPropertyLotObject line.  Making a copy of the RHW-4 filler piece path file IID: 0x5eb4b105 and rotating them if necessary is probably the best option. (And obviously giving the copy a new IID.)
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

riiga

Quote from: jondor on June 28, 2012, 09:09:27 PM
@riiga:  In order to get RHW-4 paths on a TE lot (or any other override network paths for that matter), you have to specify the path file IID (which has to have a GID of A966883F) in the 16th rep of the LotConfigPropertyLotObject line.  Making a copy of the RHW-4 filler piece path file IID: 0x5eb4b105 and rotating them if necessary is probably the best option. (And obviously giving the copy a new IID.)
Thank you!

The RHW-4 Toll Booth is now released on the STEX. Download it here!

(It has American textures as well, thanks to Blue Lightning)

ivo_su

Great job Riga congratulations from me. This red and pink ribbon tag looks super beautiful and aesthetic. Bravo!

vinlabsc3k

Great job riiga, :thumbsup: but you could make a 10S functional version, so we make the transitions to it. ;)
Usually the booths are symmetrical.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

art128

Great! I was in need of a RHW tollbooth, thanks!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Twyla

Bleah...  Just made it back to the land of the living (long depressing story, so please don't ask) and finally got my system back up to par.

Kudos maximus on all the fantastic headway you guys have made with RHW (and all the other NAM stuff) - I wish Murphy hadn't decided to use me as a guinea pig in his creative endeavors.

Anyways...

I was just getting back in the swing of things (as well as trying to catch up on all the activity here) and noticed that one of the RHW pieces got lost in the shuffle:  The MIS-to-RHW4 transition piece is in the latest release but it's counterpart (RHW4-to-MIS) is missing. &mmm

Sorry that my first post upon returning is a 'complaint' but there it is.

Tarkus

Twyla, good to see you back and that you're back to the land of the living. :thumbsup:

The RHW-4-to-MIS piece does exist and should be accessible simply by rotating the MIS-to-RHW-4 piece a few times.

-Alex

Twyla

Thanks, and found it!

Seems it's just finicky about switching when it's in a tight space (and doesn't like its neighbors) - kinda like how the starterless MIS L0/L2 Transitions don't like the elevated MIS/Avenue intersections.

Wiimeiser

Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Wiimeiser on July 01, 2012, 02:48:33 AM
Can a MIS to Slip Lane piece be made?

Technically, yes, but not likely gonna be added.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Haljackey

Quote from: Wiimeiser on July 01, 2012, 02:48:33 AM
Can a MIS to Slip Lane piece be made?

Actually the paths do connect if you drag a MIS up to a slip lane and use a diagonal MIS filler at the end.

I used to do this all the time in the RHW 4.0 days, but now that we have avenue ramp pieces like the RHW-4, there really isn't a need anymore.
-For road, simply transition it to a RHW-2 and use its ramp pieces.

Twyla

Toying around with the new pieces and working on interchanges (SO many new possibilities!) and was wondering if 8C-A2/B2 ramps were in the works anywhere.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Twyla on July 01, 2012, 12:21:19 PM
Toying around with the new pieces and working on interchanges (SO many new possibilities!) and was wondering if 8C-A2/B2 ramps were in the works anywhere.

We have the next best thing: The 8C C2. Just hook up one of the FARHW-2 curves to it.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums