• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - Welcome and Manual + Download

Started by RippleJet, July 31, 2007, 03:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tylerolo

does the inital CAM download come with any new buildings ?

Korot

No, it would be a lot bigger if it did.

Regards,
Korot

darn42

I am running Sc4 deluxe. I downloaded CAM earlier today, and also downloaded some of bixels CAM lots. I started a new city on a previously used region with around 3-5 million people, I think like 5 million, and the only thing that grew was R$ I did not delete all of my non CAMeLots because I spent a very long time getting all of them. The non CAMeLots grew  :), and even though I got tons of high wealth commercial, all I got was R$ why is that? If this problem persists I will be forced to delete CAM ()sad() It is very frustrating  :angrymore: Please help.

P.S. I got the CAMpatible Block maxis buildings.

RippleJet

Obviously you've encourage the growth of R§§ and R§§§ more than R§ before in your region. Thus, it is quite normal that a newly established city only will get R§. This happens regardless of the CAM.

It's worth mentioning that even high wealth commercial offices and services (which will grow a lot if you have encouraged R§§§ earlier in your region), do not employ only R§§§:

Quote from: RippleJet on July 31, 2007, 03:42:44 AM
Census Drives (Demand of Workforce)

The table below should be read from top to bottom for each column separately.
Eg. the column named CO$$ tells you that middle-class offices employ 10% R$$$, 50% R$$ and 40% R$:

Employer: 
  CO§§§   
   CO§§   
  CS§§§   
   CS§§   
    CS§     
   I-HT   
    I-M     
    I-D     
    I-R     
Employs
R§§§
15 %
10 %
8 %
5 %
0 %
10 %
5 %
0 %
0 %
R§§
65 %
50 %
30 %
27 %
0 %
80 %
45 %
0 %
0 %
20 %
40 %
62 %
68 %
100 %
10 %
50 %
100 %
20 %

SC4BOY

Just a minor request.. I think the info in Workforce and Occupation Demands and in CAM Workforce and Occupation Demands are both contained in the 1.0 CAM Manual.. however the remaining piece of the puzzle CAM Stage Limits and Threshholds is not.

Of course I know that the release of the next version of CAM is imminent ;), I'd like to ask that that last item be added to the manual. Its among the goodies that are too wide on the message boards for me to read on my pc (but I can read it in pdf files.. :) ).. Thx

Carny

Hi to everyone. I need help about the CAM!!
I installed it just few days ago, with a lot of Camelots i found around. I also downloaded some new regions and i tried to start a new one using CAM for my first time.
I was then incredibly disappointed when i saw that, even after lots of attempts, all my buildings couldn't overhead the Growth Stage 3.... EVERYTHING, (commercial and residential) excepting Industrial buildings, blocked in GStage 1!!!!!!  :(((( 
Pratically everything is blocked like when there isn't any kind of water supply, even when all my zones are fully supplied.
The weird thing is that CAM seems to work in old standard regions with previous started cities. I'm gonna think that the problem is in the new regions, above all.....but it's unprobable that both my new downloaded regions have the same bug :/
Anyway....please HELP!! I don't want remove CAM, not having tried it at least once! :(

bambibunny

Hi, please forgive me as this may have already been answered, I did look but could not find.

I have just discovered this game and after looking at a few help guides I was referred to here to download CAM.  I've downloaded it but cannot find where I should extract the files to.  In addition, I had a look at the cleanitol folder and it opens up in notepad with a load of .dat files in it.  Is this all it is supposed to do or am I missing something?

Please don't kill the puppy.

RippleJet

First of all, I assume you're running the Windows version, with an installer?
Within the zip file you downloaded, you will find a setup program, ColossusAddonMod_Setup.exe, which needs to extract the files into a temporary folder.
It doesn't matter where you extract them to, that folder can be deleted after the installation is complete.

Once you've extracted the files, open that newly created folder and run the ordinary installation program from there, also called ColossusAddonMod_Setup.exe.
When you run that one, CAM will be installed, by default into the folder a_CAM under plugins. Do not select any of the traffic plugins though!

Quote from: bambibunny on March 02, 2010, 03:10:50 PM
Please don't kill the puppy.

What a horrible thought... puppies should be hugged...

Based on your post in the Cleanitol board, I assume you managed to open the txt file from within Cleanitol. :)

bambibunny

Thanks for that info :D I'm not usually that useless lol n yes i did eventually figure it out somehow, instructions weren't very clear

nick0430

Hey guys.

I've been playing SC4D for a while and downloaded most lots and modds through STEX and LEX. When I saw this CAM thing I thought it was a great idea but the problem was I didn't know whether or not I had to delete the old lots and modds. I need to know what to do after I download CAM.

Plus Clearitol won't work for some reason.

Thanks,

Nick

RippleJet

Hi Nick, and welcome! :)

EDIT: :P
It's enough to post your question once...
Thus, I removed the one you posted elsewhere...

Quote from: nick0430 on May 19, 2010, 02:30:23 PM
I need to know what to do after I download CAM.

I would at least delete all skyscrapers that you downloaded from STEX.
Replace them with the ones found on the LEX (everything on the LEX is CAMpatible).

Quote from: nick0430 on May 19, 2010, 02:30:23 PM
Plus Clearitol won't work for some reason.

Make sure you do have the two DLL files, which are listed as dependencies early in the Cleanitol Guide for Users.

nick0430

Thanks RippleJet.

Good advice, but the bad side is that I got most if not all of my file from STEX... Ha!
So i guess a lot of work is in my future.

As for the Cleanitol, I'm confused as to where the DLL files go.

jmyers2043

I put them in my Windows System32 folder ... I believe cleanitall will work if you put the DLL's in the cleanitall root. But all the neat tools that Wouanagaine has made for us gamers use those same DLL's - hence that's why I put them along with the other DLL's in the sys32 folder.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

MOREOPTIONS

If you need the Cam Book in Tagalog or Arabic. I would be happy to help.  God bless

Let me know when V2 is out and can send me the master so can do in my spare time...

RippleJet

There can't be that many people speaking both Tagalog and Arabic, in addition to English... I'm impressed! :)
I'd be delighted for any translations, but at this moment I'd ask you to wait for version 2.0.
CAM 1.0 and its manual will become obsolete later this year. ;)

farmerjohn2689

While CAM seems like a great mod, what would really be nice is if someone could clump together all dependencies into the main download for each respective "starter pack" of custom lots (i.e. R, CO, CS, etc.).  Otherwise, it's quite a disorganized headache to try installing them manually (and sometimes being rewarded with those notorious carboard boxes in your cities).  Just a thought.  Probably not an original one, but still my own two cents.

Still a great idea and mod, though.

Thanks,
farmerjohn

travismking

There are no dependencies for the actual CAM mod, only for the buildings to make full use of CAM.  And, unfortunately, it would be a huge undertaking to clump together all the dependencies for all the buildings, as permission would have to be gotten from every single person that made every single building/prop/texture... And more than likely that would never happen

farmerjohn2689

@travismking

Ah, well that's too bad.  Looking at the comments sections for the building downloads, you can see some people who are disgusted with the lists of dependencies for the building packs.  If this were to be done, it would probably be more appealing to a wider range of SC4 players - and it could really be marketed to the base of SC4 players like an expansion pack to the game itself (like the NAM).

Thanks for your response,
-farmerjohn

H2Odk

Quote from: RippleJet on June 02, 2010, 12:05:54 PM
[snip]
CAM 1.0 and its manual will become obsolete later this year. ;)
So... will 2.0 be out soon... I'm am about to reinstall everything, and this time I want to use CAM, but if a new version is about to be released I will wait for that.

Alysaar