• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Plaza Mall project

Started by Heblem, August 26, 2007, 03:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XiahouDun

The middle section of the roof is suffering from some texture repeating, and the wall textures could probably use raytracing. Its looking amazing though, just needs some minor tweaks.
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

Heblem

toxicpiano: thanks!

XiahouDun: yeah many thanks will fix that, probaly i will change the roof textures of the departamental stores for avoid it to look so repeated...

Heblem

Here is an restaurant and a departament store...

Only the cinema left for to start detailing the roof and some skylights  ;)

autoVino

Aye!  This is amazing!  :thumbsup:
Be very careful with the size of the lods, though.  There is a maximum amount of textures slabs that you can apply to a s3d file, and if surpassed you get an error 6.  Just a warning.
The texture seems very the same for every roof section of the building, amybe a bit variaty will make this model look perfect!
btw, what zoom is that preview?

Heblem

autoVino: thanks for the suggestion, its in a scale of 1:4 the mall... this happens if I divide the model and export it sparely?

click on image for a detailed image...

Will be working on roof complements and for the skylights windows...

figui

this is getting great.
maybe you can add one extra floor in the middle... :-\
just a sugestion
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

XiahouDun

That roof texture looks a lot better. :thumbsup:

I just noticed the roof at the Sanborns has a little bit of wall sticking out where it shouldn't
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

Pat

Hey hab im in and ive seen what you done today and wow im loving it very much...  One thought is that maybe seperating the models up a bit IE the anchor stores i can make into props and the main mall section will be the main building...  So that way to avoid any texture conflicts or error 6's as auto said that might help...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Heblem

figui: I will add a big skylight window in the middle that rpobably you will love  ;)

XiahouDun: Thanks! I noticed that too and some other minior details that i have to fix  ;D

patfirefghtr: Thank you alot! and yeah im thinking about that too in separate the model into pieces so i can avoid that problem as auto and you said...

Pat

good deal... more auto that has said then me... i can understand the specs but to imply them i cant, so other words i can't bat to safe my life lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rooker1

I think this is coming along very well. 
I do have some suggestions if you don't mind.  I think Sears should be two floors high for sure.  Most of the Sears stores where I live are, specially in the malls.   &idea On second thought, maybe all the corner stores could be two floors high....that may look nice. 
Also some malls in my area get additions added to them and they look a little bit different.  The brick or the colour.  Maybe you could do something like that as well.
Last but not the least, maybe the roof could have different textures here and there to show roof repairs over the years.
Anyways, what ever you decide, these are only suggestions of my opinion.
This is going to be a great piece of work!

&apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Patriots1228

wow great idea, somthing we really needed. looks great!

SimFox

Good progress! :thumbsup:
Couple of thoughts, It is very realistic and for this very reason very boring looking...
I mean it look great (in a mass produced suburbia kind of way) from ground level camera, but the game view shows mostly the roof, so you gonna get out of your way to make it interesting - creative texturing and roof-junking will be important.
Currsntly the texture on th emain section roof is way to stretched, it makes the whole thing look small, toy-like. The best solution if you don't have areally big one  8few thousand, ot at least 2000 pixel in size) is to tile it but not in the modeling program (do you use GMAX??); instead do it in some image editing package where you can layer it with dirt, noise etc to hide the tiling.
Also don't skip on polygons where it counts - that circular thingie... even at that zoom you can see clear stepping, does suppose to have those? or is it suppose to be smooth? If later is the case I guess you better attend to it...
Also there is some clear issue with scale - look at the relative door size of Applebee's and Liverpool.
Also a little suggestion - those "standard" entrances, the one that are placed in corners, i think you made alter then a bit to reflect such a location. And also check the UWV mapping on those as paneling appears to be crooked on the first preview.
Anywho... Hope you wouldn't think that I'm out to get you, or something... just want to give some advise, praises aren't in short supply around here!

Heblem

patfirefghtr: okey thanks  :)

rooker1: This mall has two floors everywhere, hope you can notice that  ;) probably when I made the skylight view inside  ;) And about the roof is not complete im working on that...

Patriots1228: thanks!

SimFox: Thank you for you constructive criticism!,  as you noticed I haven't started working on the roof and I know I have many things to fix in the roof, the idea of the skylight will make this mall a bit interesting and not bored... About the circular thing (The food court) i didn't noticed about that, i will fix it up with a smooth hopefully, and many thanks to you for this constructive comment  :)

Edit to simfox: about the scale ive fixed already that (the render is a bit old)  ;)

SimFox

I wouldn't suggest you to make skylight so that you could actually seeing in during the day - it would be highly unrealistic. During the night - yes,but not day. Also don't skip on the lattice when doing it, huge panels of glass 10m across don't add to realism...

Heblem

Quote from: SimFox on August 28, 2007, 03:27:10 PM
I wouldn't suggest you to make skylight so that you could actually seeing in during the day - it would be highly unrealistic. During the night - yes,but not day. Also don't skip on the lattice when doing it, huge panels of glass 10m across don't add to realism...

dont worry I will do it realistic possible  ;) and it will be reaslistic at day too... i dunno why u say that...  ???

Pat

Simfox is trying to keep you on your toes i bet hab lol

Heblem

thats make me feel sad  $%Grinno$% Im just a simple student that I dont have lots of knoledge in 3d architecture   ;D

rooker1

I think you are doing a great job and I can't wait to see more.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

Yes you are Hab you are doing a great job!!!!  I do think simfox is trying to teach you the way though?
He did give a good piece of advice here
QuoteAlso don't skip on the lattice when doing it, huge panels of glass 10m across don't add to realism...

btw pg 3