• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Plaza Mall project

Started by Heblem, August 26, 2007, 03:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heblem

yeah thats that was a good suggestion  :) but its a pain in the head doing that  :D

dmscopio

for more BAT downloads: www.davidluart.com

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine

autoVino

Quote from: Heblem on August 28, 2007, 07:51:11 PM
thats make me feel sad  $%Grinno$% Im just a simple student that I dont have lots of knoledge in 3d architecture   ;D
ahh, but this is why we learn.
Anyway, love the progress.   &apls  I think the red roof fits more into the style of the building.  As for your question, dividing the model into seperate parts should make it easier and safer to export, that is less chance of crashing, (although longer and more tedious) but only do this if youre model is huge.  To test the size, create a simple lod encompassing the building, hide the actual building, and render the lod.  If it renders with success then you should be fine.  IT may take a while to get through the zoom fives, though.
In order to divide it into seperate parts, it's best to keep the model in the same location when done and to just make the lods different parts of the building (don't forget to rename the files once rendered, otherwise they may get erased) without centering them.  This way you could more easily reconstruct the building in LE.  Man, my spelling is terrible today, please excuse if there are any mistakes I didn't catch.

Heblem

dmscopio: thanks!

autoVino: thanks for the suggestion i will follow something that i didn't know, thank you alot  ;)

Here is the first skylight I done (the same is for Liverpool and Sears)

Will be working in other skylights over the mall

Pat

Hab that is looking real good  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Heblem

pat: thank you very much!!

Here's a skylight for the food court...

Pat

Hab i real love the food court dome that is perfect IMHO

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

figui

first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

SimFox

Coming up nicely!  &apls

Couple of points:
About food court.
That massive concrete wall cutting into it looks a bit odd, but that is a purelly matter of opinion.
But what is really wrong is the relationship between the glass part of the roof/dom and it's lattice. First of all I would suggest to add at list on subdivision to each segment of the lattice. Amount of geometry it would add will be negligible, but looks will improve significantly. But more importantly you should do something about the glass part. Not it is mimicking contiguous smooth surface, while it should be assembly of flat glass plates. Same goes for the "barrel" part as well.
Well sometimes they do use curved glass plates, but those are VERY expensive running into tens of thousands dollars per plate and normally used in most prestigious and posh of places, not a mall food courts...
With JC Penny/McD block - there is an issue with mapping. What did you use? Box mapping? I mean those seems between panels on the vertical bit og the wall do not match those on horizontal... You can actually remove seems from horizontal altogether but if they are still there  take a look at mapping.

Heblem

patfirefghtr: thank you alot! ;)

figui: gracias!  ;)

SimFox: thanks or the suggestion about the food court, ive made some modifications, hope this better this time... thank you alot for commenting  ;)

This is my recent mall render...

(click on image for better quality)

Still need to do:
-The main center skylight (a big one)
-Fix some textures that don't show up
-Fix some floor details in entraces of the mall
-Some small details to the roof
-Roof junk (over the mall)
-Nightlights
-Separate the model or exporting...

Diggis

Thats one nice looking structure.  Very impressed.

Presonally I like the concrete wall sticking out of the dome, it matches the others you have, and is an architectural statment.

rooker1

This is coming along very well.  Great work and this is going to be awesome.

&apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Antoine

Pat

Hab oh my dear god this is looking realll great wow im gonna have a tough time in lotting and some modding for this to compliment such a great bat.....

Schulmanator

Gotta say that this one ROCKS!!! This will be a winner when it's done FOR SURE!  :thumbsup:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

ky72x

The skylights look simply amazing!  Nice work on this, keep it up!  :thumbsup:

- Kyle

bat

Wonderful work on that building, Heblem! :thumbsup:

Heblem

Thank you very much to all!  ;) :thumbsup:

I have finished the model of the mall, i can modify it with a few suggestions  ;)
only the nighlight left for to do... and export of course  ()stsfd()

BigSlark

Wow! I'm extremely impressed, this model looks great. So I have to ask...will this be a CAM growable?  ;D

Cheers,
Kevin

Heblem

Quote from: BigSlark on September 02, 2007, 02:00:04 AM
Wow! I'm extremely impressed, this model looks great. So I have to ask...will this be a CAM growable?  ;D

Cheers,
Kevin

I don't think so, the model exceed the 16 squares limit, so there will be two lots for this  ;D