• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: girlfromverona on August 26, 2008, 03:28:40 PM
I'll look forward to it! I have Ilive Reader installed, but haven't yet come to grips with using it.  :D

I know that feeling all to well myself.  I had, at one point, believe it or not, a deathly fear of the Reader.  All those hex numbers and stuff--I couldn't make sense of it for a couple months.  But one fateful day about 2 years ago, after staring at it enough, it finally made sense.  :)

I have to say, looking at this ploppable sign stuff, it's a great time to be a SC4 roadgeek.  Absolutely fantastic stuff--my sincere thanks to David, Burgess and j-dub. 

Heck, you've even inspired me some to go back into sign-making--something I used to do quite regularly before the RUL bug bit me. ;)

-Alex

ben_meissner

QuoteOur friend and 3RR Collaborator Marisa (girlfromverona) had asked about getting rid of the game signage a few comments ago.  With the SAM roads and streets, it's easy- just use the Ilive Reader to remove the reference to the particular prop from the T21 .dat file in the SAM "Textures" subfolder of the NAM files in your plugins.  If that sounds like gibberish, you can also simply remove the T21 .dat file for the particular road or street variant involved altogether.

I tried removing the T21s from the texture folder, and it worked for sam/sam intersections, but the street junk still appears at sam/road and maxis street intersections. As a Mac user, I can't use the reader. Is there any other way to get rid of "crummy-looking" street junk?

BTW, the new stop signs work great every time. Looking forward to the other signs and telephone poles.

Much Thanks

Ben

kalanc69

Hello my 3RR friends!

I am sorry that I have been gone so long, but life has kept me very busy since the addition to my family. My baby is now 10 months old ( %BUd% ), and I am ALMOST ready to start getting back into a normal routine. I say almost, because three weeks ago we about lost our little girl. She somehow managed to find the ONE prescription pill of Methadone (10mg) that had managed to fall down a crack in between the counter top and the stove. She stopped breathing all of a sudden and I had to start CPR until the firefighters arrived. We spent 3 days in Pediatric Intensive Care at a Children's hospital before she was well enough to be put in a normal room, and went home the following day! Needless to say, we have moved ALL of our meds to our master bathroom where I take my meds over the sink! I read online that 5mg is a lethal dose for children under 2, yet she had twice that and managed to survive. That's a testament not only to the medical professionals, but to her as well (They called her Little Miss Monster in PICU!) I thank GOD that he let us keep her for a little while longer! I have missed my friend's here in 3RR, and I am working desperately to read the 100 or so pages that it will take to catch me up to you all! I have been really impressed with the things you all have come up with, and as always I am amazed with you imagination and work David! I look forward to hearing from you all real soon!

P.S. I was going to post a picture of my baby, but I can't seem to find a picture under the max limit!

Sincerely,

Kalanc69

EDITJeff, give your daughter an extra big 3RR hug the next time you put her to bed.  We're glad you're here with us, but that pales against what you almost lost.  Thanks for sharing what happened with us- I'm sure it will leave every parent just that much more watchful and protective of the little guys in their lives.

Thanks too for the kind words about 3RR, and we'll be watching for that pic
. -DE

FrankU

There is an disadvantage in the water bug that I discovered recently. Though I guess some of you, maybe even all of you, know about already.
If I save a city with Chris' tracks on it while not seeing the waterbug, I get a region view with waterbug in the city! Meaning I see black lines in my cities. Not funny!
Of course I make sure I do not see the waterbug before saving.

girlfromverona

Kalanc69: I'm so glad to hear that your little girl is ok! What an awful thing to have happen.  ()sad()

However, welcome back and have fun catching up! There's a lot of awesome stuff been happening around here lately.  ;D

Ryan B.

Wow, Jeff . . . . I'm very happy to hear that your daughter is doing fine.  I had a real bad scare with my youngest sister when she was born. 

To echo girlfromverona's sentiments - have fun catching up!  There's been some great stuff shown lately.

threestooges

kalanc69: Glad to see you back, sorry to hear about all you and your daughter had to go through, but happy to hear that things turned out for the best. Take your time reading through the pages, there's plenty of good stuff back there, and plenty of time for it. Welcome back.

Masochist

Wow...is it normal for 3RR to go over 24 hours without comment or update ()what()?  Strange to me...

Anyways, the stuff that goes on in here is amazing, as always!  I think the thing that keeps me hooked is that all of these little project involve things (tiny things, usually, like signs or telephone poles) that were overlooked, or thought improbable, and then one day you decide, "Hey, I'm tired of this not being in the game," and the next day the rest of the community is abuzz at the possibilities that have opened.  I'll be interested to see which pet project you'll undertake next (well...pet project for you, game-changing advancement for the rest of us ;) ), and in the meantime, I'll be excited when the FAR/FARR finally becomes available to the public :thumbsup:.

P. S. If I ever write one particular article in my blog (in which 3RR will be featured, as perhaps a few people know), I'll let you know ;)
(Under Construction)

JoeST

Quote from: Masochist on August 29, 2008, 10:54:11 AM
pet project for you, game-changing advancement for the rest of us

LOL that is sooo true, and yeah its really unusual for nothing to happen, I hope your ok David, and as always cant wait until you come back and astound us all into silence again ;D

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat

LoL @ Joe...  Yes Issac it does happen from time to time that David goes quite on us... But when he does pop in you can bet your rear end on it that it will blow us away no matter what it is!!!

Jeff all I can say is praise god that you had some angles watching over your daughter that day!!! Its a true testiment to see that you did by giving her CPR when she needed and the EMT's coming and taking over for prehospital care!!  Talk about wow!!!!

So David with the revamped signs that you did folllowing chris's forumal are you going to apply that new stuff to the other plop signs IE the curves and J-dub's signs per chance?? I do hope you are well and just gotten bogged down with trial stuff...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

metarvo

I understand if you're busy, David, but I dearly hope that you're OK.  It worries me when 3RR goes silent.  Of course, the wait will have been worth it all if you come back with some more road signs. :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

kalanc69

Chrisadams3997 created a project called the Rural Renewal Project located here http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2352.msg70157#msg70157 that looked very nice to me. When I tried to download his links they were all outdated and removed from the server  :angrymore:. Can anyone help me find these?

I would also like to ask for help from anyone out there who would be willing to lend me their assistance. During my absence I suffered a complete hard drive failure, and in the process lost ALL of my SC4 custom content. I did have a few things backed up on CD, but I know I lost at least 3g of stuff that I really loved! Is there anyone out there who could possibly help me to get some great customized content so that I can get back on the road to feeding my addiction again? I would be willing to give my snail mail address so that you could send me a DVD if that is necessary. Is it possible to copy files from the plugins folders and transfer them directly to my system? Anyways, I hope you can help, if not I will have a LOT of sleepless nights trying to replace years of lost plugins!! Thanks again for everything, and I really appreciate you kind comments. I can promise that I will now be returning to my status as a regular regular here in 3RR!!

Sincerely,

Kalanc69

deathtopumpkins

kalanc69: All of Chris's download links still work for me... Did you click Free Account and then wait through the little countdown for the download button to appear?

As for your Plugins, sorry you lost everything. I suggest you just go on the LEX or STEX and look through everything by such people as SimGoober, Pegasus, and all the other big-name people. That should set you up with a pretty good plugins folder.

And David, what have you been up to up there?
Good luck with those diagonal offsets!
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

metarvo

Oh, kalanc69.  ()sad()  I'm sorry this had to happen.  It's happened to me once.  I had to perform a complete system restore operation on my computer which entailed wiping the hard drive.  I did have my SC4 plugins backed up onto a flash drive, but I just happened to lose this drive somewhere before I could reinstall the plugins.  So, my next course of action was a similar one to the one deathtopumpkins described.  You have my apologies, kalanc69.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

dedgren

We can now create

ploppable

seasonal

lupine (sorry, Chris... er- bluebonnets)

in Sim City 4.  Actually, as of today we can now create seasonal ploppable anything in SC4.

Six months ago, I called this 3RR's Holy Grail.

Today, we figured it out.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Tarkus

David, now that is what I call an incredible development.   :thumbsup:  Congratulations! 

I'll admit, hadn't really used the seasonal stuff much myself in its existing form, largely because it was Lot-based and less flexible than ploppable trees, so it's going to be seasonal-mania for me.  Seasonal ploppable anything . . . I'm trying to think of what else this could be used on now . . . it certainly opens up a lot of doors.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Ennedi

Excellent!  &apls
Now the only thing to do will be to manage terrain textures according to seasons
(And maybe lot textures?...)

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

threestooges

I thought I felt a disturbance in the force (and what a good one it was). I would love to know the secret behind this new development and compliment whoever it was that cracked the code. Though I haven't heard anything from you on the sign I sent, I'll go ahead and produce the ofther ortho versions for you to play with. Just let me know if there needs to be a specific offset for the 45/18.4 versions. Excellent work my friend, excellent work.
-Matt

EDIT: Matt, yeah- I've been focused like a laser beam this past three days or so on cracking the secrets of the kSC4FloraParametersProperty.  Most of that time was just brute force trial and error.  There'll be a lot more about this breakthrough (and I use that term purposefully) over the next couple of weeks as I further figure things out.  I'll probably release a few things for DL over the long weekend, though, just for grins (and for folks to play with).  Think seasonal lily pads that don't conflict with pics you take with the Arctic Terrain MOD installed.

I've DL'd the sign.  I'm sure it looks great, and I'll be responding to the questions in your email later today
. -DE

Pat

uuum daaaaaaar ummm yaaaaaar ummm I umm David WoW!!! OK I now owe my work a new keyboard as I just drooled all over it whoopsie.....  David you are a true trail blazer here!!! Good to see the new development and I cant wait to get ahold of it...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

metarvo

Whenever David goes away for a while, he always brings back some souvenirs.  This time was certainly no exception.  The bar has once again been raised.  However, this is normal for 3RR, so I'm not surprised.  Keep up the good work, David! :thumbsup: