• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sakura & Coming soon, Sakura Republic (don't need to post replies for that ^^)

Started by planetechef, February 22, 2010, 08:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nbvc

Nardo69

Congrats on the OSITM!

Well deserved as I may state. Love what I saw in the last updates. Even thoug I havent been in Japan (would love to go ther though) I like the way you went into a japanese style MD. Not much unrealistic stuff (saw quite a lot of them on thenumerous japanese pages) but solid work, every day housing, colorful commercial - just great!

I love especially the small houses in the last updates with the concrete paths to the back houses.

Takle care my friend!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Shilka

These last two updates are great again! I love the little playgrounds and parks between those medium sized resedentials. Some of them are a bit darkish brown, but they fit surprisingly well. I also like the commercial parts in your last update, great realism again! Your journal is a joy to follow  :)

canyonjumper

Very nice! Looking forward to Part 2!

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

nedalezz

Another amazing update from a well deserved OSITM MD!

Again, you show us what is possibly the best representation of Asian suburbs ever seen using the game.

MAS71

Its so good updated this time too Planetechef  &apls
I think that you know and reproducted well especialy about a densely of residential buildings.  ;)
(A lot of small and low-rise buildings)

It's really nice works of japanese suburbs.  :thumbsup:

##### Edited #####
Sorry if you already know and got it. ;D
One of japanese BATer 'Moonlinght' san made and uploaded his new nice residential work here.

"Blog of Moonlinght"
--> http://blog.livedoor.jp/moonlinght/archives/cat_59226.html
--> Translated with Google-Translation of page.

I wish that they will be any helps to your cities. ;)

Thank you
-Mas'71

Battlecat

Great looking suburban style area.  The buildings fit your region very nicely!

kimcar

&apls &apls Excellent update once again . Very nice neighborhood

planetechef

8 posts

nbvc:
Thanks  :thumbsup:

Nardo69:
Thanks for your comments Bernhard, i'm glad you like this little house on the last pictures, actually they are From korean   ;D and yep, i think i'm gone keep the crazy stuffs for somewhere else, they are amazing creation too but maybee for a other MD. Take care.

Shilka:
Thanks again my friend, and i will try to keep at a joy to watch, try, ok?  :-[

CanyonJumper:
Thanks Jordan, glad you still follow my MD  :thumbsup:

Nedalezz:
Thanks, it's really kind of you  ()stsfd()

Mas'71:
Well, again, thanks a lot for the links, actually i forgot this one, i went once, long time ago, and download the railway but i didn't know for the update of this houses, they pretty awesome, the detail & texture are incredible, zoom 1 is just crazy, so thank you very much for your time  ()stsfd() and take care my friend  :thumbsup:

Battlecat:
Well, happy to see you again, thank you for your comments.

Kimcar:
Same for you Kimcar, thank you for be here again and for your nice comments  ;D

So this week, i will try to post two more update, actually, i get slow because i try to use the lot editor, i discover so many new possibility but take time  :-[
this one is some shots of Sakura railway took from the suburb area, enjoy  :P

Next update: Home (Part 2)

Have all of you a great week  :thumbsup:

& coming soon "Sakura Republic".

Nardo69

Would I surprise you if I said that this is an update that perfectly fits my taste? Most probably not ...  ::)   :D

Nice choice of railway stations. Some of them wouldn't fit in my european style MD however you put them into their right environment!

May I ask you for the link for the elRail station in the first and the sunken heavy rail station in the third picture? Haven't seen them at all by now!

I just would change that retaining wall in the third pic at the sunken railway station. Either you plop the japanese one that is used for the station or you use one of the BuddyBud / JeroniJ standart straight lot; the ending lot with the greenery just don't fit there.
Another option would be to change the texture and the ballustrade of the BuddyBud Bridge lots to fit the the japanese walls. Even for a beginner or an ol'donkey like me that shouldn't take too long!

Take care

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Great update!  Nice mix of rail stations!

rooker1

HA! Bernhard, if there is a train in one of anyones pics you are happy.

But planetechef, I have to agree with him.  Try opening up PIM_X or LE and try changing the base texture to match either wall so that it continues on seamlessly.
As usually though....awesome update.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

noahclem

Very cool, love the use of different stations! I'd be interested in that sunken station too if possible.

xenofeel

canyonjumper

Very nice! I liked the PhotoShopping in this update! The railways were great!

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

planetechef

& coming soon "Sakura Republic".

superfrenchtoast2

Where do you get the PRUGIO apartments. Great Job ;D ;D ;D ;D &hlp

i_love_lamp

oh my god, while ive only been to japan once to visit my grandma, i have to say; how the hell did you take those pics of the city from the sky?  :P

kimcar

&apls &apls Excellent pics mate. Glad that you discover Lot Editor ,very good tool . Now you gonna understanf why i`m slow too for my update  :D

superhands

very good miniature faking planetechef :thumbsup:

it really makes the SC4 landscape look like a model village!

-Dave