• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mediterranean mod

Started by Fukuda, November 06, 2006, 08:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fukuda

Well, this will be a texture mod (It's basically a replacement of soil and water textures) to go with  karstic (calcareous) terrain. I'm also going to make some trees (coastal pines and others). Well, a teaser of the rock texture, which obviously needs improvement

Back to europe ;D

jeronij

Wow. the overall look is fantastic !!!
The texture is a bit repetitive though. Maybe if you cut a little but that darker area...just a suggestion  ;)

I cant wait to see those pines too  &dance !!!
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jacqulina

i have to agree with jeronij

ExiLe

More pine trees are always apriciated!  As you said the texture is repetitive, but it's also very promising!
Though I mostly use rock textures that resembles granite or black rock which is normal in Norway, so this prob. won't be something i'll use.
But I know your work, and if it turns out to be as mind blowing as the rest of your work, I'll consider :D

take care,
...coming soon

Alfred.Jones

I think that looks awesome. Cannot wait to see the final product :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

kimcar

:thumbsup: Not bad at all . This is really take shape , great job  :thumbsup:

bat

looks very great! I like it.

Yoman

This will be very useful to me also fukuda. It seems you've reached into my brain and taken Ideas out! I do agree with Jeronij though about the repeditiveness and could we see a picture without trees of the ground?

TheTeaCat

Nice looking work you done there but i agree about the repetitiveness of the texture though. Still  :thumbsup: from me.
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

gonza122

i agree with jeronij, but its great though.
can't wait to see the coastal pines!!
TK. ;)

Alek King of SC4

glad to see some one experimenting some more with terrain and rock mods good luck and i am loving these previews

davidtothej

woahhhh.... i like it, i like it alot...
Y Helo Thar

Gaston

I like it alot.   Most rock mods look repetative to me anyway.    I am really impressed.   Looking foreward to the trees too.    I personally think we need some sorta "wind-blow" looking trees.

---Gaston &prt
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Gradonacelnik

I am all for this mod.  :thumbsup:
I haven't been up close and personel with most of the Med's coastline but the Adriatic geology is more whitewashed than your starting point. I second jeronij's lighten up request.

My two cents would be to follow up with a rock mod. Maybe you can ask jeronij to redo his rocks with your final MED texture. I don't feel right asking you to do more work but that would really naildown the MED look if you had coastal rocks with pine trees sprinkled on them.

dioangel

Awsome!! This is going to be in my collection ;D ;D ;D

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

sc4portugal

Great work! Can't wait to see more  &apls :) ;)
lol (sorry i can't think of anythig else lol)
LOLOLOLOL

Madeira aka Constantina

That's beautiful. Where can I learn to replace textures?

freedo50

Please try not to resurrect dead threads people, this one had had no progress for nine months when Gradonacelnik commented on it. Keep an eye on the date of the last comment in future.

Fred

M4346

Maybe dead threads should then rather be locked within a specific time frame?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

freedo50

No, they shouldn't because if the author ever wanted to restart their efforts working on the project, then they would have to ask a mod or admin to unlock the thread. This just creates unnecessary work for the admin/mod team.

Fred