• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Metasmurf's showcase

Started by metasmurf, December 14, 2006, 10:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebes

Great update Metasmurf. The tramlines and sidewalks/pavements do go perfectly together. Your selections of W2W buildings is very stylish... Well done :thumbsup: 
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Snaper

Wonderful
It's simply wonderful ... Your place is very beautiful, I love this image

Bravo  &apls

Schulmanator

This is my first time here. I love it! Looks great - just the way I like it!  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

metasmurf

Can someone move this back to the appropriate section please ? :) I'm about to make an update.

metasmurf

I'll post the update anyway. I'm kinda going back to a more maxis-oriented style, since it's more fun to play that way, imo :P As a way to improve my English skills, I will try to write some kind of fictional "story" of each place covered.

This is the village of Glencoe. Population around 1000. Glencoe lies closely to the town of Oakville, which will be covered in later updates.

The village is situated nicely surrounded by hills and farmfields.

Adjacent to Glencoe runs a throughroute, mainly used by trucks.

The "heart" of the village with an elementary school, police and a small fire
station. Here's also a bus
stop which connects Glencoe with Oakville. Since the establishment of the bus line some middle-class workers has moved to Glencoe from Oakville to experience the peacefulness of rural living, as well as enjoying a house worth its price.

In Glencoe we can also view this small romanesque church, which style's very rare around this area.

The village arranges an annual farming festival. The festivities are very much appreciated by the inhabitants as well as visitors from around the area.

Finally, an overview.

That's it for today. Enjoy  ::)

TheTeaCat

Very Very nice indeed  &apls &apls &apls
kettles going on.

I like the layout especially the by pass around the village wonderfully done :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

thundercrack83

Hey, metasmurf! Welcome back, my friend! I'm glad someone got you back into the active rotation, I was gone all day so I didn't get a chance!

Your update is wonderful, too! Glencoe looks amazing--I love the farm festival! I'll be looking forward to seeing more!

rooker1

I must agree, good to see you back.  I have always liked your style and this just proves it.  Great update, nice farms and I love the festival.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Fantastic pictures of the farms and great town! :thumbsup:

Great to see you back! ;)

sebes

Welcome back with this metasmurfing update  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

meinhosen

The rolling terrain, the diagonal streets, and the walls really make that series of pictures awesome... and it also gives me a couple of good ideas to use in my own cities.   :thumbsup:
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?