• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Winding River Project

Started by mrbisonm, March 08, 2009, 03:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoV Liberty

Well, I'm sure glad you're starting to feel better man. Keep on getting well. :)

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

luizpaulo

This is the best diary in SC4 IMO.

Congratulations!!

luizpaulo

This is the best diary in SC4 IMO.

Congratulations!!

mrbisonm

Ok,

I was originally going to continue this MD/CJ after I was sick for several months, but at this moment, I have decided to put the "Winding River Project" on a temporary Hold for the summer. I have been putting it aside and aside again and now is the time to decide.

There are several reasons for this. First of all, I am about to finish my MFP1 (modern farm props) Project. I would like to do it this late spring to early summer. You will see this in the FrankU and Nexis Co-Op Thread. Then I also have dug out some older BATs that I started several years ago, and I would like to finish them too. They will be shown in my "Nexis Works" thread. And last, I have found on my dozens of burnt gmax DVD's, about 100 or so other BAT ideas that I started, and that I would like to continue, most for my MD/CJ and some to upload.

I guess that there is enough reason to put this MD on the side for a short time. Also I have seen a big decline of readers and interested members to this Dairy, maybe it's because another summer started or because there is simply not enough interest in this. We'll see it this fall when I start again.
I should be back sometime around October to November with dozens of new BATs, ideas and stories. We will simply take off exactly where we finished and hopefully it will get a little more visits than before, when it seemed to have been dying off a little this late winter and early spring. With 50 to 100 new BATs, it should become quite interesting again.

Next winter I will also open another MD, either here or elsewhere, but not the same as the Winding River. There will be no story nor interacting. I will simply show a region that I have been playing on regularily for the last 9 years. It has so much to see, experiments of all kinds. The region of more than 9 Million Sims is unique and many tutorials and modding will be given to experiment with, some probably never seen before. 9 years of SC4 experience has been added to that region, having changed with time, mods, BATs, LOTs and downloads over the years.

But first, I have to finish the MFP1 and show that SC4 is way more interesting and expandable than SC2013.

I hope that you are not disappointed with my decision. I promiss when I come back, it will be worth to follow "The Winding River Project" again. Meanwhile come see my creations on my Nexis Works thread or on the FrankU and Nexis Co-Op thread, here on SC4D. Thanks for understanding. ;)

Have a nice summer ye all and hey.....if you didn't have time to catch up on this MD, here's your chance, you have a summer's time to read it. ;)

Have a nice summer now...

Fred

We will be back.....

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

threestooges

rooker1

I agree with Matt. We'll be here and waiting to see all this new stuff.
Take care.
Robin
Call me Robin, please.

mrbisonm

Thanks guys... ;)

Edit: .....a couple of weeks later......lol....at least two loyals. Thanks rooker1 and threestooges for hanging in there. ;)

Fred

CabraBuitre

Quote from: mrbisonm on June 09, 2013, 09:04:15 PM
Thanks guys... ;)

Edit: .....a couple of weeks later......lol....at least two loyals. Thanks rooker1 and threestooges for hanging in there. ;)

Fred

There's more of us around still... if only occasionally!

Check out Abelfarei!

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

vester

Looking forward to new stuff as well.

Swordmaster

Take your time Fred. Have a great summer!

Cheers
Willy

Ricky112233

No need to rush--We can be patient :P

-Ricky :thumbsup:
Yes, I love aviation
Yes, I'm interested in the former CIS
Yes, I'm half Dutch-half American
Yes, I'm learning Russian
15--

KevinPaul06

Can I ask? What kind of mods is he using to make those river and lakes look like that? Thanks

mrbisonm

Thanks folks,

some more fans are still around, good to know, thanks for coming forward.

Quote from: KevinPaul06 on July 05, 2013, 01:41:33 AM
Can I ask? What kind of mods is he using to make those river and lakes look like that? Thanks

I can't tell you where I got it from, or who made this watermod, but the file is called *DarkBlueishGreenish* that makes my water of this colour and texture. Maybe someone else on the *Where can I find* thread might know it. ;) Ask for it, Good luck.

mrb

red_dwarfers

I've just finished reading through your Winding River MD again, its fantastic!

mrbisonm

Quote from: red_dwarfers on April 12, 2015, 03:07:53 PM
I've just finished reading through your Winding River MD again, its fantastic!

Well Thank You, appreciate it.
I should be back on this MD later this year, I am still working on my farmbuildings project, the MFP 1.

Glad you liked it, I have some big plans and stories for it, plus about 500 new props and Lots to go along with the story of the Winding River Project.

Check it out this fall.

Fred

cowcorn

Very glad to have news from you. Can't wait to see what you come up with you projects.

mrbisonm

Quote from: cowcorn on April 16, 2015, 12:53:06 PM
Very glad to have news from you. Can't wait to see what you come up with you projects.

Hey, long time no see, cowcorn, haven't seen you since Nexis Of Genesis. Glad to hear from you again. Still living in Cowansville or Sherbrooke?

This is what I am working on since a long time, almost finished though, should be ready within 2 to 3 weeks max.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14150.560

Fred

reddonquixote

I always love the work you do. The texturing is particularly good... some would say too saturated for SC4? .. but I really like it, and of course the models are so cool... I love tiny versions of real things  :D
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

mrbisonm

Quote from: reddonquixote on April 18, 2015, 12:10:05 AM
I always love the work you do. The texturing is particularly good... some would say too saturated for SC4? .. but I really like it, and of course the models are so cool... I love tiny versions of real things  :D

Thanks reddonquixote, that is encouraging to know. And I like your streetstuff and trees. Good stuff to me. ;) :thumbsup:

Fred