• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Urland - a (mostly) rural Coastline

Started by Nardo69, March 24, 2007, 12:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emilin

Fantastic update!  :thumbsup:

One question: why would you want to place the trees individually? Wouldn't it be easier to edit the lots? Or am I missing something here?

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

great work and beautiful pictures! Fantastic update, Nardo69! :thumbsup:

sebes

I like the upgrading that is going on in your cities Bernhard, they really do good!  The Dutch Village Churchs looks very good at that spot. It's the first time that I see a 60's office block and transport area is changed into a medieval church  :thumbsup:  I love the new posibilities in Simcity!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Vario80

Hi Bernhard, i just stumbled over your CJ and i must say it really has a rural feel, with all those farmfields.
Also i agree with the previous comments, a wider variation in the buildings would do even better. Nevertheless already really great work!  &apls :thumbsup:
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

pvarcoe

I love the feel of your most recent shots Bernhardt!
Great atmosphere.

That is becoming one lengthy to-do list ;)

Take care
Phil

Nardo69

Hello my friends!

This time I did not let you wait too long for the update.  $%Grinno$%

But today ....

* black clouds covering the blue sky *
* suddenly eerie organ music start

I AM MEAN!!!!  ()flamdev()

MUAHARHARHAR!!!!

Na .. not really ... I am just going to make you want ...  :P

Now that I got your attention I make you wait a bit longer as there are some replies to do first:

thundercrack83: Thanks for the compliment - this one is almost as huge ... even though I did only one Point of th elist ...

meinhosen: Hello Chris! I hope you found the texture after I PM'ed you the ID. Zes, my new Job ıs great - traffic simulations  :thumbsup: And as a railwayfan I am sure you will enjoy this update - even though it is rather ... German Railway - alike  ;)

kwakelaar: Yeah - harlemmergold did a great job by BATting this universal type of church! I changed the plaza around a bit - hope you like it.
My "special project" is not forgotten but something else came between that I had to work on as Betatester as you can see here ... ;)

mattb325: Actually I started it to show a bridge from different angels. Then  I liked it - not every detail has to shown full-screen and the sum of the pics make my update rather heavy for 56K so ... ;)

Shadow Assassin: Thanks for the compliment. As you can see I chose Porkie's trees - how do you like them? :)

Zaphod: Thanks for the advice - as you can see it turned out great IMHO!  :thumbsup:
About my PC ... humm ...  ??? now, not so fast, I guess my patience and obsession is bigger ...  :-[

emilin Thanks for the compliment! :)
Actually I was looking for some trees as props for the LE - I like those big ones from Jeroni but they were just too big...

bat Danke für die Blumen!  ;)
Engl.: Thanks for the compliment!

sebes Actually IMHO it is 19th (the master o medieval churches is my friend Kwakelaar) but as I mentioned - this church is just so unıversal - you can find it almost anywhere in middle Europe ...
About the possibilitesin Sc4: Well, we Sim-mayors are not bound to do the same mistakes as in RL, are we? ;)

Vario80 Thanks for the compliment. About the Variety, well, I let grow so I have to take it as it comes or need the help of my friedn Dozer 07 ... :)

pvarcoe Hello Phil! Well, one point less now ... ;)

And now, let's begin with the update:

The new Bahnhfsplatz. I redid the plazas and used Porkie's Seasonal Trees. I guess it ıs okay like this ...

Some views from different Angels. I tore down those  SimGoober restaurants later - they ddin't fit there

And now,
lets come to the main focus of this Update:

THE SFBT OBERLEITUNGS MOD

BATs by Kenworth
Icons and mod by Andreas Roth
Texture by ArckenbergJoe

and a lot of advices and betatestingfrom me

Did you see this:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1112.0

I told you I am mean today ... these Lots are still under Betatesting hence not available yet.
They will be done when they will be done

and in the meantime I will enjoy my privilege of being SFBT Betatester  ;D Muaharhar

The first version of the RR station Rodewitz. I changed later the small catenaries next to the station buildingsto ...

those single middlle poles. These are secondary tracks, and single poles are less expensive IRL. In addtition to this I wanted to try those middle poles ....

The western head of the RR station. Did you counted the different catenary types?  ()stsfd()

From a different angle. At Simforum we call this "Kieselsteinschubsen" - pushing pebbles  ;D

Some shots of Andreas mod - no lots changed here!!!   $%Grinno$%

The eastern had of the station. I did not electrify the railway lines on the upper corner by purpose - Urland is not part of switzerland and there should be some last areas for Diesel locomotives ...

The electrified RR line on its way through the industrial area. No lots changed here, too.!
Note that the industrial tracks and the roundhouse are not electrified by purpose.

Some shots from the other side of the river Rodwitz.

I do love this closeup!

Again no lot changed ...

My Nr.1 Position on my wishing list: Exchanged that silly red American type against a halfway modern steam engine of the 20th century - like the German class 41 (2-4-2), 44, 50 or 52 (2-10-0). The last one is the most built steam engine at all and was found on all standard gauge railways in Europe except Great Britain ....

And the answers to you most urgent questions:
NO, they are not (yet) available
NO, there is no release date. They will be done when they will be done!

Did I mention I am mean today? ()flamdev()

MUAHARHARHAR!!!!

At all:

Have Fun!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

ejc

whow

now THAT is some freaking rubbish!!

me as a fellow-railroad-addict.. this is just the greatest addition I think to SC4 possible!!
those multi-track-posts are looking great..

this is gonna be a huge hit.. credits 2 kenny!!!! &apls

Rayden

Very well putted together Bernard. The church plaza looks beautifull and the train setup,  &apls
Keep it going, you're doing an excelent job. :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Wow! Those rail catenaries look fantastic! Another fine job by everyone at SFBT and to you, too, Nardo69! the "Bahnhofsplatz" looks outstanding, too. Keep up the good work, my friend!

sebes

You are evil-evil-evil, showing the kids the candy that they cannot get for now, and you even seem to enjoy it...

It makes me  ?=mad)=

It looks great!
Oh by-the-way: great update too  ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Shadow Assassin

Hmm, how come some are electrified and others aren't? (not in RL terms, I know why) In other words, how is that possible in SC4?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Nardo69

... some quick replies:

ejc: I gave them to Kenny!  ;) The BATs are done as far as I can see but there is a bit work left with the Lots and the modding. Shouldn't take toooo long I guess but I am only Betatester so ...

Rayden Thanks for the compliment!  :)

thundercrack83: Thanks for the compliment!  :) I'll that the others, too!

sebes: Actually, yes I did enjoy it because most of the time I'm one of those who can't expect the release date  :D

Shadow Assassin The mod most probably will come in two files: One file will contain all the props&lots and will be essential. The second file will mod the behavior of the railway network pieces.
If it is inside the Plugin folder you get the single catenaries to the left and right side of the RR track by building new tracks or clicking on the existing RR tracks.
If you (temporarily) remove it from the Plugin folder you can build railways as before but the catenary props will stay. This is essential for the multi track-poles (they need "clean" tracks to look right); in addition to this you can do electrified and non electrified RR tracks.
This is basically the secret.  "$Deal"$

I am planning to make a tutorial about how to use this around the release date anyway.

Have Fun!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Snaper

It's fantastic

I love your work with the LE ... It's so realist  :thumbsup:

Bravo !  &apls

bat

You have there a wonderful new Bahnhofsplatz and also great areas near the railway! :thumbsup:

emilin

I want those so bad I could build another region just for the opportunity to use them. ;D

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Vario80

Hallo Bernhard, again a very great update. I like these Oberleitungen (trolley wires) a lot, they give a really european feel to the railroad tracks. Also the Porkies seasonal trees do harmonize very well with that church plaza i think.  :) &apls
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

JJ

That's a great update, love the use of the wires.

Yoder7652

I love your rails...most impressive, this mod will really change the way I do railroads.

rooker1

The rail layout is very impressive and so is the church, I love the seasonal trees.  Great work as always my friend.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

pvarcoe

Hi Bernhard!

WOW! What a great rail update. You are the master at rail.
I learn tons from your rail work.

I notice you use pegs rail mod to achieve the gravel base under the rail.
When I use it, I seem to have problems with the texture showing up at certain zoom levels on either straight track or diagonal track.
You don't seem to have this trouble? Am I correct?

Phil