• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ankersforth

Started by Howling, March 26, 2008, 12:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 2!

Another great set of your wonderful pictures there! Great work! :thumbsup:

sebes

Nice update again Matey  ;) 
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Pat

Howling Ive just had the chance to view your MD,  I have to say Im really impressed here wow you are doing such a wonderful job on it and the details of everything just blows me away....  err I should say set sail to my imagination!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jasoncw

It's looking really good so far.  I'm looking forward to the city's future.   :)

JBSimio

I can't do much more than echo what everyone else has already been saying...  I really like the look and feel of these towns!  CP's houses are truly a godsend for the style you're using right now.  I always liked them, but it was only recently that I discovered just how great they are on a large scale.  It will be great fun to watch this one develop.  :thumbsup:

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

thundercrack83

Magnificent work, here, Howling!

Your attention to detail, both with the pictures and the with history of Ankersforth make this a very interesting and enlightening read! Can't wait to see more, my friend!

Dustin

Howling

Replies & Update

@spa Thank you very much. Your buildings are really at the core of this MD. I'm not sure how many will actually survive the town's growth over time but we'll just have to keep reading ;)

@bat Thank you!

@sebas Thanks :)

@Pat I'm really glad to read about that. Where's your imagination sailing you to? :) Thanks!

@Jasoncw Thank you very much Jase, almost all your buildings are eagerly awaiting their appearance - that is - if I let them ;)

@JBSimio CP's 19th century housing are excellent! It's too bad the automata looks so horribly out of time. Also; your own bats are truly marvelous aswell - you'll see :) Thank you very much I hope you'll stick 'round.

@thundercrack83 Thank you very much, Dustin. I do the best I can to make it as logical and entertaining as possible!

Wow thank you all for the kind comments - and those who haven't commented for the views. I have run into a problemthough, one of my cities keeps crashing on me - could it be because of too big farm plots? I've already halfened some of the largest ones but no luck. I'm still planning on moving the storyline forward of course but things like these always annoy me almost to the point of giving up. It's a character trait i'm not too proud of... any idea would be grand! Perhaps I oughta destroy the town and start over? Or just make all the farm plots smaller?

Thank you all! Untill next update!
Lurkiest Lurking Lurker of the SimCity 4 community.
Bldng. | my BATs and research into urban density | Sebasvandenbrink.nl | Help grow Hopburg!

amapper

I really like what you've done here. You have managed to keep the town in scale and have done an excellent job at detail, even naming the streets. This is one I want to see more of. 

Question. Where did you get a lot of the business buildings you used on main street? &apls

Dick

Jasoncw

Try just flat out demolishing certain parts of your city.  Play for a while and see if it crashes again.  Do this systematically and you'll find the problem area, and then you can figure out what in that area is causing the crash.

But check the NAM's documentation.  There's a problem with puzzle pieces and transit enabled lots or something that causes a crash to desktop.  I forget exactly what it is, but that could be what's happening.

Howling

Update

Hey guys. I have an important update. I will continue this MD (duh) but I will be moving soon to a new place so just to make sure no unforeseen mishaps occur I thought i'd let you all know up front. It's been hectic lately aswell! You just don't plan these moments, do you?  :-[

@amapper; Thanks! Those buildings are almost all spa's. Check de LEX or the STEX. They're there. :D The station is by Jasoncw.

@Jasoncw; I'll try that. I haven't got any NAM puzzle pieces yet so it can't be that.
Lurkiest Lurking Lurker of the SimCity 4 community.
Bldng. | my BATs and research into urban density | Sebasvandenbrink.nl | Help grow Hopburg!

Pat

Howling I cant wait to see the next update and my imagination was in a nice coastal community where you can smell the sea air....  Take it easy on that move and btw where are you moving to?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Meastro444

this is sheer sexyness!

what are those seawalls? homemade?
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)