• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livin in Sim

Hi, there, I did find a cattleguard in the LE, but probably not as detailed and nice as the one Matt or Chris could make.

Ooops, hit "Post" too soon.  I think I just searched "cattleguard", but I could be wrong, and hope it was OK to post the pic.  I like the irrigation lots, keep up the good farmin'.

Bye for now.
Liv

thundercrack83

Cattle guards, eh? We don't have them anywhere in PA that I know of (maybe in western PA, but even there I doubt it). Either way, though, they'll definitely make a great addition both to 3RR and to the whole SC4 community! You and Matt are doing a bang-up job here with these farms, David! And don't worry about your LE troubles either, you'll get the hang of it!

Dustin

Emperor Stormont

Oohhh lovely last set of updates, loved the circular fields, fabulous work as always David  &apls

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

dedgren

[tabular type=9][row] [data][/data][data][/data][/row]
[row] [data][/data] [data]Once again here is a long-overdue "We've got Mail..." (WGM) post.  I'm set up for the long haul this evening.  Heather's out visiting with the parent of another child who is at the same Montana facility as Tristen and Josh, I have the Who's Quadrophenia disk (Rhino's 1996 Tour DVD) [linkie] in the stereo playing at 11 [linkie], and I have a gin & tonic in front of me in one of the larger Big Gulp" cups [linkie].  Life, in other words, is pretty good, and all that much better because 3RR is literally on fire following the holidays.  We averaged 200 comments a month during 2007.  We might have 200 comments by the 15th of this month.  I am humbled...

Most of you have probably figured out that I PM'd every 3RR Regular* in the days following the 1st.  Yeah, all 150+.  It took me six days, 'cos I tried to made each one something more than a "Dear Occupant" sort of communication.  I actually reread 3RR-SC4D from the beginning over the days after Christmas- not necessarily to prepare, because surprisingly your comments seem to stick in my head from the time I read them, but just to make sure, and it was a real treat for me.  I've always been a "small circle of friends" sort of guy.  No longer.  Mi casa es su casa, as my great friend jeronij might say.  If you visit Alaska, you've got a friend here, camping equipment to borrow, a ride from the airport, lunch, a place to crash, you name it.  Friends.  Forever.

You all know I don't, as MDers/CJers are supposed to do, respond to posts as things go along.  Hey, sorry 'bout that.  But I think you know where I'm coming from.  So, I'll go back and cherry-pick [linkie] from the past few weeks of posts.  If yours appears to have been skipped, you know that I've read it and taken it to heart, whatever you've said.  So, disclaimers behind us, on to a few

Notes and Asides

The Schedule.  OMG, the 'frickin' schedule.   There is one, actually.  This from the guy who promised you collaboration in March, 2007, then wide runways in May and June, 2007, then collaboration all summer, then all sorts of things this fall, then collaboration for sure by December 20th, then...

...Oh man, I'm embarrassed- I feel like Meat Loaf [linkie] singing
[/data] [/row]
[row][data colspan=2]I couldn't take it any longer
Lord I was crazed
And when the feeling came upon me
Like a tidal wave
I started swearing to my God and on my mother's Grave
That I would love you to the end of time
I swore that I would love you to the end of time!

That's so bad- but we are, after all, 10 months out from the first announcement of collaboration.  It would be pretty arrogant to think that some 'splaining wasn't appropriate, if not necessary.  So here goes...

I guess, last March, I was simply blinded by the excitement of completing a year of 3RR.  I opened collaboration up, got a team together, and then realized how short I had fallen in terms of having stuff ready to go for everyone.  I began to feel a real obligation, once quads were actually assigned, to have everything as thought through and together as possible for each collaborator.

Then I went to the airport... then I got interested in wide radius road curves... then... then...

Well, here we are.  It's January, 2008.  I guess we need to deal with it.

Again, I'm sorry.  I never meant for it to take so long.  That said, when will collaboration start?  Not a minute before we are ready to go.

...I remain very hopeful that minute will pass by the end of this month...

More on what's left to be done in a post over the coming weekend.

50,000 Page View Status.  Sometime within the next two hours or so, 3RR-ST will cross the 50,000 page view line.

After yesterday's surge, things have settled back down over there to about the same normal rate as here- about 120-130 views per day.  That's not too shabby for a CJ that only received 231 comments (that includes my posts, too) during all of 2007- less than 20 a month compared with about 200 a month here.  The really funny thing, though, has to do with the page views.  3RR-ST had about 20,000 page views in December, 2006, the month I moved the main effort over here.  It had been running at that point for about nine and a half months.   In the year since then I have run it more or less as a notice board letting ST folks know about what's going on over here- and the rate of page views has increased.  This is despite the fact that, at times, it's on, like, page 11 of the ST CJ forum index.  30,000 page views there this past year, almost 50,000 here.  Go figure.

At our current rate of posting at 3RR-SC4D, I'll predict we hit 50,000 page views at 9:59 a.m. Alaska Standard Time (GMT -9) on Saturday, the 12th of this month.  Heh!  If I'd thought about this a little bit, we could have run our own version of the Nenana Ice Classic [linkie].

Courtesy Nenana Ice Classic

EDIT: At about 10:00 a.m. Alaska time (45 minutes after the above was written) there's 10 to go. -DE

EDIT2: Between 11:30 a.m. and noon Alaska time, WE DID IT! (Thanks, Owen(Yoman)). -DE

The Bibliography.  I just take a moment here to note that I continue to add books that have helped me get to where we are at now in creating and mapping the geography and places of 3RR.  The list is here [linkie]: Happy Reading!

On to the mail-

Posting as I go. Ain't I a stinker... [linkie]

David
[/data][/row]
[/tabular]
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Filasimo

hey David,

well said with your post!  &apls and no worries if you couldnt make those deadlines that you have set for 3RR. RL comes first this second. as for the runways, in due time they will be done, as long as they are not rushed and we crossed every T's and dot every i's thats the satisfaction that we have successfully present the community with a gift of our hard work. and as you have sed, mi casa, es su casa if we are to be in the area of alaska, i extend the hospitality if you or anyone in this community is in Nashville,TN looking for a tour guide or a great bar to go to in the city (which i know a few  :D considering i used to work in the service industry at one point ) This site is not only a SC4 site but a site for people to relate and to discuss with their great hobby that is SC4 and maybe to make a few good friends. As the saying goes: " No matter if its the internet or the outside world where you meet people, good friends can be found in different parts of the world in different forms of communication. We no longer live in an isolated world where we are limited to socializing just by face to face but in any modes of communication that is availableto us." May 2008 bring good tidings to you David and keep doing what you do best! That goes for everyone else!     Cheers!

Ryan
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

bat

That is looking really great what you have shown on the previous page!! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to more of it!

FrankU

Dave, I think it would have been nice of me to thank you for your newyear's wish. I forgot, but do it now in public.
I thank you for all the beauttiful work you do (although still waiting for part three of the forest lots....) and I recognize your LE troubles. My LOTs also look like props thrown together. It is a hell of a job. That's why I never uploaded any. Although I have been lotting some, especially harbourlots. And indeed it makes me feel humble next to the great LOTters we have on this site.
Cropcircles in my country are not made by men. It was the little green men from outer space!  :D
But in the States everything is different, I guess.

Yoman

A bit late, but only by 5 views.

Congrats, btw everything on those crop circles looks awesome, I'll read your post once I post this :P

Ok, got that posted, so now I can actually make a thought out comment :P Like I said to the people above, the crop circles are excellent, not only will it be good for people who are making North American cities, but also middle eastern ones with a bit of LEing.

Looking forward to the we've got mail, listening to Tommy here myself, at Christmas at the moment.

bakerton

Give me some tonic and gin David. You are doing great sofar man. Take your time with thing. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

KooriSim123

Hey David congrats on everything so far with 3RR  &apls
thanx for the message and all the best to you and the family mate for the new year
1 cool bloke  :thumbsup:
Strong,Black and deadly
My brothers keeper

jayo

;D David,that cattle guard posted by living in sim was in jestarrs prop prop pack  "$Deal"$
I'm back

thundercrack83

Many congratulations on reaching 50000 at ST, David! Here, right now, we're at 49824, so we're counting down! Only 176 to go!

petercintn

Just a note to let you know I'm working my way through 3RR.  Got the first ten pages reread today.  That will get me caught up in two weeks.  Let me  &apls you for the Ag. tutorial, it was great even though I reread this a few times.  (I'm slow and not so steady and lazy toboot.)  But I am  :satisfied:  Now if you only liked to cuddle! :D
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

bat

Yes congrats on more than 50 000 views at ST!! 96 views left to 50 000 here.

Giligone

Congrats on 50000 views at ST and a pre-emptive congrats on that here too. :thumbsup:

mightygoose

ha i wasnt sure if i screencapped the pic on ST but i found it, i got really excited lol... its quite sad.... but hey hoo

i made the 50kth view, yay....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bwatterud

50 more

start the countdown

Pat

David congrats on getting 50k pg views over @ ST and Im looking forward to seeing WGM!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

Well, 30 page views away.  My prediction, made in my last post [linkie] will likely be about two or three hours off- not too bad, when you think about it.

I apologize for my absence for the past few days.  About an hour after hitting the last few keystrokes I made in the WGM post RL became, well...

I should have things back to what passes for normal around these parts over the next few hours.  I'll then sit down and get to that mail.  I've also got two other pretty much finished posts that you'll see over this weekend.  We owe a bunch of honors out as well, so we'll be getting started on those, too.

Have a great weekend, wherever you are!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

pvarcoe

Congrats on 50000+ page views David!