• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neal_911

I have all the most recent editions for the NAM including relevent updates... What I was wondering was are there any WIDE RADIUS ONE WAY ROAD Puzzle pieces?  &idea

I know that there are the WIDE RADIUS normal puzzle pieces, such as wide radius 90degree and transitions from straight to 45degree, but these are not repeated for the one way roads?

Is there an additional update that has these types of Puzzle piece? or is it just not possible to make  wide radius one way roads?  ()what()

any info much appreciated...  :)

Tarkus

Neal_911, first of all, welcome to SC4D!  To answer your question, Wide-Radius One-Way Road Curve Puzzle Pieces are not available yet.

-Alex

Akumeitakai

Dear Alex, I apologize if you've answered this already and if it has, the search function for SC4D has failed me.

I can't find the GLR stations anywhere in my game; they are not available to place!  Not in the Menus and not in the Puzzle pieces.  I have regular elevated rail stations but I've seen pictures of these objects in both the FAQs and in the ReadMes that came with the MOD.  I've been trying to trouble shoot this for a week now.  Do I have to download and install a separate mod to get the ability to plop GLR stations or did I actually mess up the installation?  I have reason to believe that I installed the NAM successfully, but I can't find the GLR stations in any menu or puzzle piece set.

What have I done wrong?
I want to mod, I want to build: I want to make the things I dream.  When I slumber, I see fantastic things that could never be built or done but are so perfectly constructed and executed.  Where is the game where the rules apply that allow me to have the experience I dream of?

Andreas

The NAM does not contain any lots, and therefore, no GLR stations as well. You will have to download some stations from the LEX or the STEX, or any other SC4 download sites that offers GLR stations. This is mentioned in the NAM readme, though.
Andreas

Akumeitakai

Crud, I knew I was tripping up somewhere.  I'm sorry to have bothered you guys.  I will look for these mods and download them when I find them.  I really like the idea of GLR and want them present in my cities.  The extra effort will make the MOD worth it.  Thank you for answering my question.

Now to search for some stable and attractive GLR station MODs.
I want to mod, I want to build: I want to make the things I dream.  When I slumber, I see fantastic things that could never be built or done but are so perfectly constructed and executed.  Where is the game where the rules apply that allow me to have the experience I dream of?

Une_ame

Sometime, I feel a bit shamefull to keep on asking questions about problem with the NAM &ops since this MOD litteraly change the game and help almost every SC4 players.

But after searching the NAM for 2 days, I gave up and decide to come here. So here's my little problem :

I wanna create exactly the same sunken highway with the on/off ramps on each side.

I've got the last NAM, I got the walls, I got the hole but I'm unable to find the ramps !!!! I've found the elevated highway ramps, the ground highway ones in the NAM (a lot of them) but the sunken highway. As a result, I read the read-me ( ::)) and there's no mention of any sunken highway ramps in it.

Where did I made the mistake ?????

babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

z

Try using the highway onramp for raised roads.  Your road is raised compared to the highway; that's most likely what was done in the picture.

SC4BOY

I use those all the time and recall no problem. As I recall the standard ground highway ramps work fine.. the fact that it's sunken is not a problem.

zakuten

Yeah, they just deform to the slope, so just put them normally.
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

j-dub

Une_ame,
What these other guys and I are saying is there are no ramps in the tab ring specifically for sunken highways, there are just parallel and ground highway ramps in the tab ring. Sunken highways are just ground highways built in a lower land elevation. For that picture, they just used the parallel ground highway ramps.

Une_ame

babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

SC4BOY

Quote from: j-dub on January 22, 2010, 08:27:21 AM
, can you turn draw paths on, and submit the picture again? ...

The picture with paths is posted in that linked thread. If you hop over HERE you will see the paths.

nbvc

I use the June 2009 NAM and building rails is very slow now. The game pauses for some seconds when I build a railtrack. The pause gets longer, when the track is longer. Is there any thing I can do to make this faster?

Before the June 2009 NAM I used a NAM from 2007, so the problem may be a older problem which also exists in other NAM versions which I never used. I did not update from 2007 to 2009 NAM, I created a new Plugin folder before installing the new NAM.

Jonathan

Do the cars in your game drive on the left side of the road. If they do then you need to select the LHD option in the NAM installation, if they don't then must not select it.

nbvc

nbvc

Me again. I have the next problem. If I build tram in my city, the game sometimes crashes. I know that the game may crash while placing puzzle pieces. But it also crashes sometimes when I build residental areas and sometimes it crashes when I do nothing. After I bulldozed all tram in the city, the crashes stopped. What can be the reason for this? May this be a problem with euro road testures?

Andreas

The Euro Road Texture Mod won't crash the game, as it is purely cosmetic.
Andreas

Chrisim

Quote from: nbvc on March 07, 2010, 08:53:30 AM
But it also crashes sometimes when I build residental areas and sometimes it crashes when I do nothing. After I bulldozed all tram in the city, the crashes stopped. What can be the reason for this?
Maybe FAQ #4 in this topic does help? You are German, therefore no need to translate it for you  ;)

EDIT: I was sure that these FAQ's exist in English language somewhere here at SC4D too, but I can't find them. So here is the translation:
FAQ 4: The game crashes sporadically, not when handling with tram puzzle pieces
If you installed the BSC SFBT GLR Tram Mod (with the four red/blue/green or yellow colored tram stations and automata), it must be loaded after the Network Addon Mod to ensure proper functionality of this mod. Therefore they must be placed "below" (alphabetically-wise) the folder where the NAM is installed - for example inside the SFBT folder. Otherwise the game will crash as soon as it tries creating elevated rail automata.

Another possible reason might be the installation of two different incompatible tram mods. Use one only, if you are not sure about compatibilities.

iw_shawn

I just started playing SC4 again,  and have been trying out the RHW,  and loving the way it looks.  With some trial and error (lots of error)  I've gotten building some of the basic juntions down pat. 

I'm having a problem building the diagonal RHW-4/MIS-1 entrance ramp.  When ever I go to place the ramp my crazy construction workers dig a hole to China right in the middle of the off-ramp.  I'm not sure why this is happening,  when I built the ramp in the opposite direction I had no problem at all.  It's really been eating into the budget,  each sinkhole has cost about $1800 to fill back in.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong,  and what I can do differently to stop this from

MandelSoft

Ah, the annoying sinkhole-to-china bug. I believe this get fixed in the future, but for now, you can try place small road pieces around the spot where you want to build the ramp and than place the ramp. The small road pieces level the land and keep it level when placing this piece.'

Hope it helps!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE