• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pipelad

yup! it was, removed the *.sav from the folder and the menu is back to normal. Thx for the help  :thumbsup:

one small question about the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool... or better the simulator + ordinances, i see that we can configure the usage of mass transit by % of Sims... How is it affected by the Commuter Shuttle ordinance? in-game i have too many low welth sims using cars even with the Commuter Shuttle + 70% of mass transit usage + the Carpool Incentive. (ofcourse the sims have a mass transit stacion near... in fact just in fromt of them!)

z

The Commuter Shuttle Service increases the probability that your Sims will use mass transit by 5%.

If you still have too many Sims using cars with mass transit preference set to 70%, chances are that your mass transit doesn't go where your Sims want to go.  So even though they have a station right in front of them, do they have stations where their destination is?  Use the Route Query tool to determine this; you may need to build more mass transit where the Sims are actually going.

If this doesn't help, or if you have further questions along these lines, please post them in the NAM Unified Traffic Simulator and Data View Help thread. Thanks! :)

pipelad

:P it was none of the above... it took a few months to the simulator to change the % in mass transit, now its perfect. Thx anyways. Now to something more relevant to this topic. Playing arrownd with the roads i bumped in to this...

when i tryed to cross the whole avenue this hapened! (acompanied with some strange lag...  &mmm )

is this a mising texture or a weird conection that just was'nt made? hope this helps

jdenm8

I just don't think there's a texture for that.
I'd revert the road to straight (parallel to the avenue) with a 90o turn to cross the avenue.

P.S. I get strange lag all the time. I've found that some pieces are not... conductive... to LHD if you happen to use it. I usually come across it when I'm routing across rail.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

medit84truth

()what()

When I select any of the NWM puzzle pieces from the menu I get this message in the dialogue box above the piece I'm trying to place:

##Intersection Placement String Missing##

Does anyone know what this means?

The game displays a green arrow along with the preview of the puzzle piece, but when I try to place it on the terrain it doesn't show up. It's there because I tried to run another network over the tiles and got a red strip. It even bulldozes, showing the cost of destruction when I drag it over the invisible puzzle piece.

bladeberkman

Hello,

Congratulations on another successful update for NAM and the new NWM. I look forward to experimenting!

As usual, when installing a new NAM, you remove the previous one and substitute the update. I've never really had any problems before. But for the first time something has gone wrong and it involves the El-Rail over Ped Mall puzzle pieces. The El-Rail structure is unaffected, but the base texture is missing and in its place is a red, blue, green, and black square. I know I am not missing any textures because when I place a regular Ped Mall puzzle piece they show up without a problem. This is what it looks like:

I also have the El-Rail Face-lift Mod installed, but I don't think this is causing a problem; I removed it from the Plugins folder to see if the issue was resolved and it was not.

As for the other El-Rail dual networking puzzle pieces, they fortunately show up without any issue.   

Any advice you could offer would be very much appreciated. I'm not really sure where to go with this one.

Thanks for your time!
Blade 

MandelSoft

Quote from: pipelad on May 10, 2010, 07:56:29 PM
when i tryed to cross the whole avenue this hapened! (acompanied with some strange lag...  &mmm )
This tile is missing textures as well as paths (missing paths causes lagging). This is because there is currently not such an intersection designed yet.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

ebina

Quote from: bladeberkman on May 10, 2010, 09:08:42 PM
... But for the first time something has gone wrong and it involves the El-Rail over Ped Mall puzzle pieces. ...

Please try attached patch. This is compatibility patch I uploaded to NAM private exchange last year.
I changed IID of ped mall textures to prevent regular sidewalk textures appearing when regular ped mall pieces are touching zones.

EDIT: - Patch removed. Please check this post for a new update.

Biriali

I have this problem:

These are the five ElRail over pedestrian walkway puzzle pieces, that were included in the newest NAM.
Is it a problem with my installation or is it NAM?

Other than that the new NAM is quite amazing. Great job  :thumbsup:
Nemo sobrius saltaret

Girafe

A little question, have you planed to translate NAM and linked tools in another languages ?

if a german version is in preparation, I would be ready to begin a french translation for french community  ;)

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Andreas

There used to be a French version at ToutSimCity, and I even created a French installer a couple of versions ago. I'll check the files this evening, maybe I can send you those as a template, so you don't need to start from zero.
Andreas

Girafe

thanks you Andreas  :)

yes there was an older version in French but so old as I remember

I will wait about your files

do you plan to do one in German for the May version or not ?

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Silhouette Saloon

I apologise if someone has already posted about this problem before, but I have searched extensively and I couldn't find anything similar. After installing the May 2010 NAM and RWH updates and the new NWM, Simcity runs fine loading the game and region view, but freezes most of the time as soon as it has finished loading the city. And it is only most of the time, which is perhaps the most puzzling thing. I have had two successful loads during which I have been able to play around with the new pieces, all of which work fine individually. That was only on a new city, however. Every attempt to load tiles with development on them has failed.

Any ideas?

(I'm running on a mac if that has any relevance)

Andreas

Quote from: Girafe on May 11, 2010, 06:28:51 AM
do you plan to do one in German for the May version or not ?

Yes, a German version will be released soon as well, I "just" have to translate the new readme files and update the installer scripts.
Andreas

Panda_Power

oops...sorry....ignore this..I just found the answer in the FAQ!

Hello!

I'm trying to use the elevated rail puzzle pieces in the new NAM to place an elevated rail over a road, but it keeps crashing to desktop every time a rail piece touches a station! I've tried laying the track first and then the stations and also the other way round by placing the stations first, but as soon as the pieces get close it just crashes. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks!

six9nc

United Kingdom

Re: NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE
« Reply #1594 on: Today at 09:32:02 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I apologise if someone has already posted about this problem before, but I have searched extensively and I couldn't find anything similar. After installing the May 2010 NAM and RWH updates and the new NWM, Simcity runs fine loading the game and region view, but freezes most of the time as soon as it has finished loading the city. And it is only most of the time, which is perhaps the most puzzling thing. I have had two successful loads during which I have been able to play around with the new pieces, all of which work fine individually. That was only on a new city, however. Every attempt to load tiles with development on them has failed.

I'm having a similar issue.  I installed nam10 and rhw10 and started to play around with a previously developed small tiled city.  I noticed at first the load time was long especially with a small size city and then when opened most of the roads were gone.  I had to redraw the roads.  Thinking it was an abboration I tried loading a large city and the game froze.  I followed the readme instructions but I may have missed something.  Any help for us.
"The man who sleeps on the floor never falls out of bed"...Martin Lawrence

Andreas

Providing a screenshot of the problem might help in determining what might have gone wrong.
Andreas

bladeberkman

Quote from: ebina on May 11, 2010, 03:44:24 AM
Please try attached patch. This is compatibility patch I uploaded to NAM private exchange last year.
I changed IID of ped mall textures to prevent regular sidewalk textures appearing when regular ped mall pieces are touching zones.

Thank you for your response and help!

I placed the dat in my NAM plugins folder, but unfortunately the problem is still occurring. The same red, blue, green, and black square is present. Could it be something else? I've noticed that others are experiencing the same problem with textures.

Thanks!
Blade

z

Quote from: Silhouette Saloon on May 11, 2010, 08:32:02 AM

Any ideas?

Try moving everything from your Plugins folder except the NAM to a temporary place, and then try loading one of your cities.  You'll get all sorts of errors due to the missing plugins, but at least the game shouldn't freeze.  Then move half of your plugins back in, and try again.  If the game freezes, remove half of the plugins you just put in and try again.  Otherwise, add half of the remaining plugins and try again.  By repeating this process, you should be able to find what's causing the freeze within a dozen steps or so.

jdenm8

Okay... I was UDIing this afternoon and drove over one of the NWM's new ARD wide curves to have UDI end when I drove onto the piece. Curious, I tried again and it happened again. I then turned the drawpaths cheat on to find this:

(Excuse the menu, I think that might be why you lot are completely ignoring my repeated bug reports)

I re-plopped the piece, experienced lag, and wham! No paths.

I use the LHD plugin and yes, I have the newest version of everything installed.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley