• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxallon

yeaa i'm playing on a plains region map and everythings flat and i have tired putting a default toll booth on land by itself and it wouldnt work
but the toll booths i download from simtroplis works on land by itself but i cant connect both default and downloaded to any roads :(

j-dub

So you dragged the road after you built the toll booth, and it would not allow the road through after?

And you already tried placing the toll booths on roads that were already built too, right?

maxallon

dragging the road throught the booths doesnt work and placing booths on the road doesnt work either :(

Floydian

Alright, so my computer melted down a few weeks ago, but I managed to save almost everything from my HD. When I got Simcity running and went to load my old region, I noticed the textures missing on my RHW, replaced with the rainbow checkerboard. It strikes me as odd, as the only thing I reinstalled was NAM and RHW (just in case).

Any thoughts?

Nanami

Hi!
I have something that waste my time. After installing latest NAM (previously I have june 2009), I get my city building disapeared lefting its prop when I try to place subway station. After finished, I have to wait at least 2 minutes to select other tool. Do you know what cause this?

z

Quote from: 976 on June 25, 2010, 08:54:18 PM
I have something that waste my time. After installing latest NAM (previously I have june 2009), I get my city building disapeared lefting its prop when I try to place subway station. After finished, I have to wait at least 2 minutes to select other tool. Do you know what cause this?

What you are seeing is the new Subway Building View, which first became part of the NAM in the June 2009 release.  You can can rid of the delay you mention by installing the DatPacker and using it to pack your Plugins folder.  This will also significantly speed up the game startup and the loading of your cities.  I would recommend this tool to you in any case; it also essentially eliminates the delay when returning from the Zones view.

If you don't like the new Subway Building view, you can turn it off by using the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool.  This tool can be downloaded as part of the NAM Traffic Subsystem.

j-dub

@maxallon, thats pretty bad, the roads are suppose to be able to be drawn all the way through, in and out of the toll booth.

However, when you think about it, their already paying for gas, taxes, and not to mention it costs money to have a car, either owned, or leased. No one usually has that money up front, and it takes years to pay it off, unless their typical rich people evading taxes or something. Taxes are suppose to pay a portion for roads. Not to mention, toll booths can cause traffic jams. So maybe your citizens just will not let you place toll booths for the above reasons, unless someone else can come up with a better answer, I'm stumped.

z

Quote from: j-dub on June 26, 2010, 10:34:12 AM
However, when you think about it, their already paying for gas, taxes, and not to mention it costs money to have a car, either owned, or leased. No one usually has that money up front, and it takes years to pay it off, unless their typical rich people evading taxes or something. Taxes are suppose to pay a portion for roads. Not to mention, toll booths can cause traffic jams. So maybe your citizens just will not let you place toll booths for the above reasons...

Unfortunately, the game simulation just isn't that sophisticated.  You should be able to put as many toll booths as you want, wherever you want, as long as local city conditions (slope, etc.) permit it.  However, I have no idea why this isn't working in this case.

Jmouse

Could someone help {this} new member with a road issue?

Quote from: oaklandfm1047 on June 26, 2010, 06:04:10 AM
Just have a quick question and don't mean to annoy any senior members here, but can someone contact me and answer why when i try making certain roads (like the one with a turn off lane in the middle) it says: "##Intersection placement string missing!##" and what that even means?

Thanks in advance for helping, and thanks for this cool forum.

MandelSoft

It seems that he has an old version of the NAM. Try to get the newest NAM Essentials and then this bug will disappear.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

j-dub

Alright, MaxAllon, I have an idea you may want to try, I can't make any guarantees, but this will either tell you if your toll booths simply don't work, or if there is a conflicting plugin preventing you from getting your toll booths to work. Momentarily rename your plugins folder to Original Plugins. Then make a temporary empty Plugins folder. Play SC4, BUT, only start a new city, see if you can get the toll booths to work now. Otherwise, play the tutorial level that introduces the toll booths, and see if that works, just make sure you did not add extra stuff to that tutorial level before playing vanilla, because this game does not seem to like missing plugins, the game usually will flash a big warning message box in your face when you start.

I hope it don't turn out that stuff in this game is locked until the tutorials are achieved.

blade2k5

I have a couple of issues I need cleared up.  First, there is this bizarre oddity....

What's up with that?

Another, very extremely annoying occurrence is this...

How the heck do you get rid of this? On/off ramps do the same damn thing.  Very, very annoying.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

relics8801

Hello again NAM team.
I got a report about latest NAM again yesterday.

We had 'Crush to Desktop' when plop a Car Ferry Terminal on this direction.

We have CTD always immediately after plop it on this direction.(A direction of Yellow-Circle in a pic)  &mmm

I confirmed that it's no problem with previous versrion NAM.
I using Left-Hand-version's plugins, but I dont know a cause is dependet with Left-Hand-version.

Can you solved this problem ? or Do you have any idea or any helps ?

Thank you for reading and your helps. ;)
I helping to management a site the WBML4jp - wiki in Japan.

Tarkus

Quote from: blade2k5 on June 27, 2010, 09:27:29 AM
I have a couple of issues I need cleared up.  First, there is this bizarre oddity....

It appears you have at least two different versions of the RHW installed, and they are conflicting.  Looking at your pics, I see pieces of Version 3.0 and Version 4.0, plus the old SA Euro texture set for Version 2.0.  Look for a subfolder in your Plugins\Network Addon Mod folder called "Rural Highway Mod" and delete it. 

Another, very extremely annoying occurrence is this...

It looks like you have two RHWs that are going different directions colliding there--it'll be more apparent once you've removed the 2.0 textures.  Part of that may also be that you have an entrance ramp really close to an orth-diag transition, which may cause the starter to get a bit finicky.

Quote from: relics8801 on June 27, 2010, 10:05:41 AM
We had 'Crush to Desktop' when plop a Car Ferry Terminal on this direction.

Known issue and we're already in the midst of a fix.  The AutoPlace mechanism used for the new Draggable FAR is causing it, and it'll require us to disable Draggable FAR in the Controller file to fix.

-Alex

blade2k5

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

jondor

Here I go again, found another little thing for you. :P

Unless I'm sorely mistaken, that's the 6S connector, not the 6C.

Definitely don't want you to think I'm nitpicking, I just notice stuff like this.  :-[

I love the RHW and the NAM, it really makes SC4 still worth playing after so many years!
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Tarkus

Quote from: jondor on June 27, 2010, 02:13:14 PM
Here I go again, found another little thing for you. :P

Caught that one earlier and fixed it for Version 4.0.5.  Those pesky arrows that have no meaning are gone, too.

-Alex

jondor

Sweet, I also noticed that there aren't any diagonal EMIS over orthogonal RHW-2 pieces.  Dragable EMIS always seems to merge with it, so I can only assume it would require puzzle pieces.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Tarkus

Quote from: jondor on June 27, 2010, 03:35:53 PM
Sweet, I also noticed that there aren't any diagonal EMIS over orthogonal RHW-2 pieces.  Dragable EMIS always seems to merge with it, so I can only assume it would require puzzle pieces.

The diagonal MIS Y-Splitter seems to be getting in the way there.  The coding on that is in need of an overhaul.  I was originally going to have Ground MIS/RHW-2 DxO intersections in as well, but disabled them as I couldn't get them to play nice with the Y-Splitter.  Probably won't be fixed with 4.0.5, but it's on my list.

-Alex

jondor

Gotcha.  From what little I know of this kind of modding, it can't be easy running so many different overrides on the same base network AND getting them to all work with each other.