• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teddyrised

It is possible that the traffic map is not generated when you used quick save - I think it has the keyboard shortcut of Ctrl + Shift + S on a Windows keyboard.

Might be also useful to check if you have conflicting map mods installed?

MandelSoft

Have you just Quick-saved the city? That's the only way this could happen. Open your city again and save it this time with a full save...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

gwaihir

Yup, doing a normal save fixed it, thanks. Thing is I've never used a quick save so I have absolutely NO idea how this happened  ???

Thanks guys!

Edit: Unless my finger hit the shift key by accident while i was saving :)
Moo.

memo

I rather think this error occurs if a particular data view is opened or not opened. I get this error frequently, although I never use Ctrl + Shift + S either. I do use Alt + Save though (no region view image is created then), but usually I do a regular save when exiting a city.

FlyHigh

Hello,

I've been playing around with some 'new' mods, one of which is ELR Catenary Mod (develop thread over here)
However, after some testing I've seen that there seems to be some compatibility issues between this mod and the NAM (13th April 2012 Controller).

As far as I could test the file NetworkAddonMod_GroundLightRailDrag_Plugin.dat (under Plugins >> Network Addon Mod >> Plugins) is overriding the catenary mod and imposing Maxis default pylons where should be none.

I was wondering if there is a fix for this issue or if it could be addressed in a future release?

Many thanks :)
>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

Zitchas

First off, thanks for all the work that goes into the NAM. I consider it an essential part of my Sim City game.

One thing that sort of confuses me, though, is NAM versions. The file exchange lists several plugins that look like the main NAM plugin, but they are generally unclear as to what version they are, which one is the current one, etc. It would be helpful if the FAQ had a "Current Version of NAM: XX" section, along with a link or some way to identify which of the plugins is the current version. A note as to whether or not the NAM essentials pack is currently required to update that current version would be good useful too.

Some way to determine which version of the NAM that I have would be good too.

Thanks!

Swordmaster

Hello Zitchas. The current release is NAM 30. The only other NAM available is the Mac version. Outdated versions are no longer available, so whatever else you're finding is additional content. I assume you mean the various plugins: RHW, NWM, . . .

Note that from next release onward (March 1), this won't be true anymore. All NAM content will be merged in a single mod to avoid these kind of problems.

Cheers
Willy

pieman101

i need help with my hole digger and raiser mod. a few days ago the mod stopped working and when i place a hole digger or raiser lot nothing appears and i cant drag roads on them. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Derrrrrrrrrrrp!!!!!!!!!!!  i post cuz i want to

sunv123

Make sure that the terrain is high enough to make a hole.

If that's not the case, I think that you can ask the creators about the problem.

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

farrell1701

First off, THANK YOU NAM team! You are a huge chunk of what I think has kept SC4 awesome. Thank you for putting so much hard work into such a great mod!

I updated to 3.1 today (love the revamped installer). All went well when I loaded up, but I found 2 problems with the El Rail in my city that I didn't have in 3.0:

While I would love to blame this on the graffiti artists in the area, the boxes do seem to be a bit extreme.  ;D

Any thoughts?

westamastaflash

So it appears the way to build ramps on elevated RHW are with the FLEXRamps now (draggable ramps only appear to be implemented for ERHW-4).

However, it appears only right-hand exits and entrances work with the flex ramps.
Is there a way to get left-hand entrances with the flex ramps?

Edit: Also - are there L1/L3/L4 neighbor connectors in the works? I can't seem to find any.

tulane633

Does the new NAM have a left hand drive plugin and if so where do i locate it? :-\

Kuewr665

Quote from: tulane633 on March 02, 2013, 02:05:01 PM
Does the new NAM have a left hand drive plugin and if so where do i locate it? :-\

Select Custom Installation for Setup Type, and then open Traffic Driving Side near the top. Change the check to the option that says left side.

jmyers2043

Hopefully an easy answer. . .

I chose the standard installation and clicked next, next, next. The center turn lane road has checker boxes now. I also dragged the rail line from top to bottom and the textures chanaged when crossing the road too. Should I have done a more custom installation? Because that checker has me thinking that something did not auto install.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Kitsune

possibly the arrows... as those checkers are where the turning arrows should be.
~ NAM Team Member

firefighter57

Anyone have any idea how to use these new RHW bridges?  I can't seem to find it in any readme and I cant seem to figure out (since the bridge is maxis (now proj symphony) based) how to connect RHW to the bridge end.

EDIT: So I think it has something to go with flying maxis highway over the ground maxis and then deleting the ground maxis leading up to the flyover (much like GLR bridges).  Only problem is I can only make one side of the lanes but up against the bridge.

TheAttendee

So I'm thinking about switching back to RHW 5.0 until the hotifx is released, but keeping the rest of the NAM 31 installation. Will I run into serious problems if I do this? Will certain features not work (ie. the new RHW bridges)? What about Project Symphony?

I'm about to do some testing on it myself, I just wanted to ask in case I was about to do something that could permanently damage my saves.

Blue Lightning

Switching over to RHW v5.0 will break things the moment you update any RHW tile. Symphony and the bridges will also break since they rely on P57 files to work.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

TheAttendee

Quote from: Blue Lightning on March 02, 2013, 05:54:13 PM
Switching over to RHW v5.0 will break things the moment you update any RHW tile. Symphony and the bridges will also break since they rely on P57 files to work.

Darn. Oh well.

Natuurzoon

Well, alongside all the known bugs, I have another problem. I can't go back to the region if i exit a city. The game then crashes to the desktop. It started occuring after i installed the new NAM. I'd like to know if this is a known problem and if there's a possible sollution.

Many thanks in advance!