• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

compdude787

Re-run the installer (do a custom install) and make sure the L3 networks for the RHW are checked.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

mgb204

Quote from: LReyomeXX on December 20, 2015, 03:17:23 PM
How do you get rid of those extra supports on the EL Rail bridge. I have unzipped the installer and compared the dat files I have to what is included in the EL Rail Alternate Implementation. As you can tell by the old MHW bridge, this city was last touched long before the MHO and expanded RHW bridges

I think the problem comes from the use of the regular model for El-Rail as part of the bridge structure. If you selected to install the fences and ground texture with ML's rail that's part of the same piece and therefore they are included on the bridge. Notice the pylons (actual bridge models) don't have them and look like the default El-Rail network. The good news is that there are at least 2 El-Rail bridges without this problem you can use.

I'll look into updating the models properly to be compatible with ML's mod in the future. It seems these are proper 3D models (not all bridges are) so it should be possible to modify them.

7up

Quote from: compdude787 on December 22, 2015, 10:35:36 PM
Re-run the NAM installer, do a custom install, and make sure that the "Enable decoupling" option is not checked. This should fix your problem.

When I re-ran the installer, the box was already unchecked, and I kept it that way. Unfortunately my situation has not changed. Any other ideas? Thanks for the help!

Tarkus

In that case, the plugins you installed afterward may have outdated RUL files sitting in them.  There's still a few ancient "transit supplement" mods from before the NAM existed that are sitting around over at ST, and they have old RUL2 files that block pretty much every override network in existence from working.  Re-install the NAM and ensure you're running Cleanitol.

-Alex

7up

When I reinstalled NAM today I explicitly checked the Cleanitol box. Here is the undo.bat :

copy "NetworkAddonMod_RoadViaducts.dat" "..\..\Plugins\Network Addon Mod\Elevated Road Networks\NetworkAddonMod_RoadViaducts.dat"
copy "NetworkAddonMod_Roundabouts_Roads_x_draggable_FANs.dat" "..\..\Plugins\Network Addon Mod\INRUL Overrides\NetworkAddonMod_Roundabouts_Roads_x_draggable_FANs.dat"
copy "NetworkAddonMod_Roundabouts_Streets_x_draggable_FANs.dat" "..\..\Plugins\Network Addon Mod\INRUL Overrides\NetworkAddonMod_Roundabouts_Streets_x_draggable_FANs.dat"
copy "T21_MHW_NoLights.dat" "..\..\Plugins\zz_LRMv40_Mega_Pack\LRMv4 Replacement Sets\T21 Mods\T21_MHW_NoLights.dat"
copy "ShmailsGLRStationAvenue1b_93ad3872.SC4Lot" "..\..\Plugins\Transportation\ShmailsGLRAvenueStation\ShmailsGLRStationAvenue1b_93ad3872.SC4Lot"

Is there a way I can search for RUL overrides with a program like Reader or similar?

7up

Here's another clue possibly: I have found that SAM and RHW do not drag correctly, but when I use a GLR drag starter, I do not see any 'guide tiles*' or anything like that, but the dragged EL rail does become GLR.

*I'm not sure what exactly the starters should look like because most tutorial images are gone, but my starters are 2x1 with one tile completely blank...

Tarkus

GLR partially working but the SAM and RHW not working . . . kind of sounds like whatever file you have that's conflicting is of early 2007 vintage.  If you open up the NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat file in the Reader, go to Tools > Plugins Analyser, and then select NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat from the list of files, you should be able to see if there's a conflicting copy of the RUL file at the IID 0x10000002, and where it is.  ebina did a tutorial on it 5 years ago, which can be found here.

If you find it, I'd like to know what it was, so we can ensure that the Cleanitol and everything will pick it up properly in the future.

-Alex

7up

Quote from: Tarkus on December 23, 2015, 01:33:11 PM
GLR partially working but the SAM and RHW not working . . . kind of sounds like whatever file you have that's conflicting is of early 2007 vintage.  If you open up the NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat file in the Reader, go to Tools > Plugins Analyser, and then select NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat from the list of files, you should be able to see if there's a conflicting copy of the RUL file at the IID 0x10000002, and where it is.  ebina did a tutorial on it 5 years ago, which can be found here.

If you find it, I'd like to know what it was, so we can ensure that the Cleanitol and everything will pick it up properly in the future.

-Alex

Tried that and found no conflicts with the listed IID. I've attached a picture of the results. I'm running out of time tonight for troubleshooting, but I appreciate everyone's help!

Tarkus

Thanks for sharing that.  Unfortunately, that result only makes things only more puzzling.  It does look like the LTEXT file (IID 0x6a47ffff) showing up as an XA file in your Reader version) is duplicated somewhere, but all that could potentially do is give you a different compile date when hovering over the NAM Icon at the bottom of the Roads menu.  The one last troubleshooting attempt I'd try would be to go into NAM Auxiliary Files\Tools\Controller Compiler and run the Controller Compiler manually.  The only other thing I can think of with it is that somehow, the Controller didn't compile properly for whatever reason when you ran the installer, or you somehow ended up with misinstalled/incomplete source RUL files.

Should that still fail, the only other thing I could think to do to get things to work at the moment would be to reach into the NAM Auxiliary Files\Tools\Controller Compiler\Network Addon Mod\Controller folder, grab the NetworkAddonMod_Controller_RIGHT_HAND_VERSION.dat file, rename it to NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat and overwrite the one in Plugins\Network Addon Mod.  The version that's tucked away in Auxiliary Files is a full set of RULs, with nothing whittled down by the Compiler.

-Alex

7up

Quote from: Tarkus on December 23, 2015, 05:04:22 PM
The one last troubleshooting attempt I'd try would be to go into NAM Auxiliary Files\Tools\Controller Compiler and run the Controller Compiler manually.  The only other thing I can think of with it is that somehow, the Controller didn't compile properly for whatever reason when you ran the installer, or you somehow ended up with misinstalled/incomplete source RUL files.

That did the trick! When I launched the Compiler, only a few of the boxes were ticked (attached). I don't know how it got that way, but I selected All Networks and hit go and now everything is back to normal.

THANK YOU for your help.  :clap: Now I can actually get back to playing!

Cheers,
Dan

travismking

I seem to be having a problem that ive just noticed, I have no RHW FlexTransitions button in my highway menu. I have the cosmetic pieces and all the other stuff, but no "flextransitions" button and therefore am unable to build any transitions, this screenshot is taken with absolutely empty plugins folder other than nam 34 (also was not working in nam 33 as well). I clicked the standard full install in the installer. Is something wrong here, or am I just a complete spazz and not seing the transitions ...

http://puu.sh/m8XiA/7d1b5ee49c.jpg
http://puu.sh/m8Xk7/78660f99f7.jpg
http://puu.sh/m8Xl2/5dc7dd2214.jpg
http://puu.sh/m8Xls/ed885d02b2.jpg

APSMS

Noticed that the OWR arrows seem to be interfering with NWM OWRxRD-2 T-intersections, which were previously supported

This intersection worked until I clicked on it.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Tarkus

Quote from: travismking on December 25, 2015, 11:31:16 PM
I seem to be having a problem that ive just noticed, I have no RHW FlexTransitions button in my highway menu. I have the cosmetic pieces and all the other stuff, but no "flextransitions" button and therefore am unable to build any transitions, this screenshot is taken with absolutely empty plugins folder other than nam 34 (also was not working in nam 33 as well). I clicked the standard full install in the installer. Is something wrong here, or am I just a complete spazz and not seing the transitions ...

They're the "FlexHeight" button there.

Quote from: APSMS on December 25, 2015, 11:42:14 PM
Noticed that the OWR arrows seem to be interfering with NWM OWRxRD-2 T-intersections, which were previously supported

More likely, it's an issue with the RUL1 changes.  Maxis had previously assigned all Road x One-Way Road intersection types (and even collapsed in One-Way Road x One-Way Road in some situations) to the same IID, which has always been a bit of a problem with overrides, and needed to be changed.  The base +-ints for OWR-3 x NRD-4 should be okay, but the T-ints are always a funkier scenario, and I'm guessing that's what happened here.  OWR-3 ending at RD-2 doesn't make any sense from a traffic engineering standpoint, though. (Where does the third lane go?)

-Alex

vinlabsc3k

Merry Xmas and Happy New Nam to all!! ;D

I don't know how to made an El-RHW over TIA, please point me to a graphical tutorial.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Themistokles

Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

vinlabsc3k

Thanks for the fast reply, Alex!! :thumbsup:
I've already tried the right way, but the span was very tight and the stubs didn't activate.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

travismking

Quote from: Tarkus on December 26, 2015, 12:53:09 AM
Quote from: travismking on December 25, 2015, 11:31:16 PM

They're the "FlexHeight" button there.

Quote from: APSMS on December 25, 2015, 11:42:14 PM

thanks for the reply, but I just checked that doesn't have the mis to rhw4 transition that I want

More likely, it's an issue with the RUL1 changes.  Maxis had previously assigned all Road x One-Way Road intersection types (and even collapsed in One-Way Road x One-Way Road in some situations) to the same IID, which has always been a bit of a problem with overrides, and needed to be changed.  The base +-ints for OWR-3 x NRD-4 should be okay, but the T-ints are always a funkier scenario, and I'm guessing that's what happened here.  OWR-3 ending at RD-2 doesn't make any sense from a traffic engineering standpoint, though. (Where does the third lane go?)

-Alex

thanks for the reply, but that button doesn't have the MIS to rhw4 transition I'm looking for

mgb204

Quote from: travismking on December 26, 2015, 04:38:49 PM
thanks for the reply, but I just checked that doesn't have the mis to rhw4 transition that I want

There are only two sets of transitions for RHW. The FlexHeight containing L0-L1 and L0-L2 ramps, technically 1 level/2 level ramps. In addition to 2 On-Slope transitions. Those are the transitions you are showing in your pictures.

If you selected to install the "Depreciated Height Transitions" from the "RHW Options" during NAM install, the old puzzle pieces will also appear in the RHW Menu. All the old transitions are contained there, bear in mind these will be phased out eventually. I noticed from your pictures this option is not there, so I'm guessing you didn't install it.

travismking

I'm trying to figure out basically how to transition from MIS to RHW4 ... the only button I see for these transitions doesn't have anything to drag from, more like an old-school puzzle piece, and I know it used to work. I'm looking for WIDTH transitions, not the height transitions ATM

edit: NVM the width transitions button does work, the terrain there just wouldn't allow the draggable stub to show up, but why does it not stay as RHW 4 after the transition? I have to plop a starter piece after the transition to get it to stay as RHW 4, otherwise its rhw2, is this normal? pretty sure the transitions used to be started pieces as well