• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meinhosen

Six years?  Wow.  That's hard, and yet not so hard to believe.

EDIT: A Double-0 post, my friend.  I believe there's an armory out there in 3RR awaiting a suitable naming ceremony. -de
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

vortext

Quote from: Lowkee33 on March 09, 2012, 07:55:19 PM
All I need is 100,000 views per day  :D

Those time outs really esqeued things, though I think Vortex is still a little late. :)

Not if I have anything to do with it  $%#Ninj2  $%Grinno$%

Looking forward to the b'day bash David!
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

dedgren

Still working on party arrangements.

It's great to see 3RR Regulars* we haven't heard from in a while showing up.

Later, with some details about Monday's events.

David

* A 3RR Regular, as the chorus goes, is anyone who has ever posted here or over at 3RR-ST.

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Ennedi

Actually I don't remember when have I been on a party last time - still too much things to do  ::)
But this one is really unique  :thumbsup: Could I come and stop for a while?....
Congratulations David! All the best for you, 3RR and all Devotees!

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Kitsune

Huh... so 3RR started out two months before my cat was born... yes 6 years does go by fast.
~ NAM Team Member

magee_b

Checking back in after a solid month out of internet coverage.... (currently live/work in rural Zambia)... I'll be sure to pop by with a beverage in hand for the 3RR birthday celebrations! Looking forward to it! Hard to believe how much time has gone by - it's been a blast following along  :thumbsup:

dedgren

Monday's party will be held at the Old Grange Hall, 326 Farmer's Market Road, in Black Earth.  Here's a bit of information about this historic place from the 3RR Historical Foundation's website.

Tonight I'm going through all 500+ pages of 3RR on, err... a mission.  I am finding a bunch of missing images, and have been re-uploading critical ones.  If you spot a missing image or link that doesn't work on your travels around 3RR, please let me know ASAP.  Thanks so much.

I had 17 email birthday invites to 3RR Regulars* kicked back because of bad email addresses.  These folks are

Ajax
Alfred.Jones
Bishop Hawke
Craiggles
CrazyChickenSC12
Eddie
emilin
Enzo
iamgoingtoeatyou
KooriSim123
mjig_dudy
nova vesfalo
petercintn
purpledaddy
seemurray2
SIMMANIA
Traff

If you are in touch with any of our friends appearing on this list, please let them know.  I've posted the invite on facebook- we should reach a few of them there.  I'd hope to get together as many Regulars as possible at the party.  A teaching point here- if your email address has changed since you registered at 3RR, please update it.  It makes getting in touch so much easier.

One day more, for all you Les Mis [linkie] fans out there.

David

* As if you needed reminding, a 3RR Regular is anyone who has ever posted at least once at 3RR here at SC4D or over at 3RR-ST.  We've maintained this high standard for years, and don't intend to loosen it now.

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

catty

Quote from: dedgren on March 11, 2012, 12:44:59 AM

iamgoingtoeatyou

If you are in touch with any of our friends appearing on this list, please let them know.  I've posted the invite on facebook- we should reach a few of them there.  I'd hope to get together as many Regulars as possible at the party.  A teaching point here- if your email address has changed since you registered at 3RR, please update it.  It makes getting in touch so much easier....

iamgoingtoeatyou was here early today   :)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

dedgren

All the frantic activity preparing things today reminds me of another party long ago in a place much like 3RR.

I have invites up now over at ST and Peg's site. 

You probably won't see much of me 'til the party starts.  I'm working on a few, err... things.  But we'll see.

Almost there!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

threestooges

Quote from: dedgren on March 11, 2012, 01:05:41 PM
All the frantic activity preparing things today reminds me of another party long ago in a place much like 3RR.
Where'd in all of Anduin Valley did you find that old scroll David? That's a place I should revisit one of these days.

Looking forward to seeing the show tomorrow (though it'll have to wait until the tail end of the party... not sure they judge would quite agree if I ducked out early). Already, it seems though, a number of names are resurfacing that I haven't seen around here in a while (great to see you around here again Meinhosen!); I'd wager 3RR could even break 100 posts in that 24 hour period.

Have fun on your... mission... whatever that may be.
-Matt

calibanX

I'll be there. Is there a record for the most visitors to a forum at one time? Tomorrow should be interesting. Looking forward to the festivities!

Cheers David.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

abcvs

Right it is Monday 12 March 13:55...

I am ready in my best party frock and ready to play pass the parcel!

Wait...   what was that?    It is not Monday in Alaska yet?

Silly time zones...   OK then I will be back tomorrow then...

:: wanders off muttering about being all dressed up with no where to go ::

EDIT:  Good God, Craig!  Think of the young people here!

...now where did I put that eye bleach?...

Sheesh!
-de

Jmouse

Quote from: calibanX on March 11, 2012, 03:37:26 PM
I'll be there. Is there a record for the most visitors to a forum at one time?
Not in any single thread, Geoff, but the record is 300 online at one time May 29, 2009. Let's see if we can break it.

@Craig: Cute knees, and I love the shoes! ;D

abcvs

Quote...now where did I put that eye bleach?...

I was watching a doco, on the explorer Scott, who was second to reach the south pole but died on the return journey.   They are in the process of restoring his hut, and the artifacts...  they found a packet of cocaine...  apparently they would put cocaine in their eyes to cure snow blindness...

whatevermind

Quote from: dedgren on March 08, 2012, 09:56:49 PM
A 3RR Regular is a former lurker who saw the light...

I have seen the light!  The light of birthday candles!  $%Grinno$%

I will try to stop by tomorrow, fortunately Alaska time will be on my side.  And keep up the great work on the rails!  I've been following that with anticipation, and can't wait to see more.

metarvo

We had better keep regular non-birthday candles and flashlights available, too, or better yet some generators.  I'm a little concerned that the party will cause a power outage.  ???

It's hard to believe that it's almost finally here.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

samoyed1958

Long time lurker.. First time for anything.. Think the birthday cake if there is one should be topped with some nice rail road signals eh? :o :o :o And congrats on reaching 6.. &apls Is that rail years or dogs years for being 6? ()what() "$Deal"$

girlfromverona

Is it party time yet?!

Actually, I'm a little worried I might forget to pop in tomorrow - I have a shocking memory!  ::)

mike3775

One cannot unsee what one has seen, thanks abcvs  :)

Of course if this is going to devolve into a wild party, I am sure I can find some of my old Navy pics where buddies and I drank to much and passed out  :)

gn_leugim