• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RIP Peter Rorlach (DocRorlach)

Started by djp, January 25, 2013, 08:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djp

It is with sadness that I have to convey the news that Peter (DocRorlach), the creator and developer of the SC4Tools collection, Working Man Production (WMP) plugins and associated websites has passed away.

He became very sick in Jan 2012, but fought to remain as active within this on-line community he loved for as long as possible.

Unfortunately before Christmas the illness got the better of him and he had to give up the last of the projects he was working on as his care had to now be hospital based.

He passed away in hospital on the 12th Jan 2013.

On a personal note, Peter was a great help developing my companies new website & on-line order systems - without his help I would not have been able to push the business in the direction it has taken.

Ron (rivit), who has also been aware of Peters illness throughout, would like to add that Peter helped him (and many others), both with ideas and creations in a generous and forthright way. His many contributions will be missed.

I will continue to host and maintain Peters websites, but I do not have the talent or knowledge to continue is work

Thank you for your time

David
www.sc4tools.co.uk
www.workingman-productions.co.uk

Flatron

I would like to express my sincere condolences on the death of Peter.
Although I never knew him personally, I feel that he must have been a great person.
My thoughts are with his friends and family.
Kris

Haljackey

:(

Wow, that's terrible news. He did so much for the community and we will remember him for that. My condolences.

Rhinocero

So sad to know that. May he rest in peace.

CasperVg

This is very sad news. My condolences to his family and friends. Peter developed some fine tools for the SC4 community for sure.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

rooker1

My condolences to family and friends.
Call me Robin, please.

vortext

That's really sad news, my condolences to his family and friends.

Though I didn't know him personally, for me WMP props and textures has quickly become indispensable as his work was and still is top-notch. His legacy will live on for years to come.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

girlfromverona

That's so, so sad.

I'm fairly certain it was Peter who helped me out a few years ago when I was having problems getting SC4 to work on my PC. He was very kind and very helpful.

RIP, Peter.

BarbyW

My condolences to his family and friends.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

metarvo

It's always very sad when we lose a member of the community.  :(  I hope his family and friends are able to go on as good as could be hoped.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Swordmaster

Ugh, bad news. Condolences to his family. But he'll live on in all of our cities, and hearts.

Cheers
Willy

mattb325

That is very sad news. I worked with him privately on a couple of his earlier projects; he will be missed. My condolences to his friends and family.

Suzaku1995

I've only been in the SC4 community since 2011, and I had heard of his dependencies for lots, but man, that's sad!

My condolences.

dobdriver

My condolences to his family

Although death eventually claims us all it is never easy, I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

dobdriver

Serkanner

My condolences to Peter's family and friends.

kj3400

I send my condolences. I hope his family and friends are all right.
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

Kergelen

My sincere condolences to his family and friends. :(

I really appreciate his unique style and the last months I was wondering where is DocRorlach.

David, my condolences to you too.

Links to SC4 websites

rambuckel

That's really sad news! My condolences to his family and friends. He's raised himself a monument by his works for this community.

- Theresa
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

peterycristi

H I S T O R I S C H E S   B E R L I N

NCGAIO

Talent, imagination and perseverance .... Sad to know that it is gone. ()sad()

Condolences to all his and that his work remains as a reminder of the esteem he had the community much as of the others that already also gone