• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Workingman Productions (WMP) & SC4Tools websites and content

Started by djp, January 22, 2019, 08:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xxdita

I have all of the RFY props as well, so that shouldn't be a problem. I downloaded everything except Rivit's stuff. He's still active, so he can take care of his files as he chooses.

djp

OK, I don't think this change to hosting the WMP website and re-directing all the links to the STEX/LEX is going to be a smooth as I had hoped.

Just today there have been over 300 file requests that have not been completed as the webpages have been unavailable.

So, what I am looking at doing is re-hosting the original website on a new Windows Hosting Package that I can get on offer for the first year (£12 all in) - this will make the original site live again and all previous links to plugins and separate dependencies will work as before.

This will give others time to create the replacement plugin/dependency pages at SC4D and have a more structured/gradual change to WMP readme docs and other links to the files.

I can have this up and running in the next few days if you think it will help with the changes??

Thanks and apologise

David     

xxdita

I don't really need the site running to work on the re-releases. I've downloaded each download page in full, along with the images. These will serve as the templates for ReadMe's that will be included in the new uploads.

Tyberius06

Do you have the full pages for the RFY uploads? I have all the contents, but the readmes and the webarchive doesn't contain the images for those download pages. I organized the RFY megapack (the wmp megapacks are ready too, just need to double check them), so I can send them a bit later.
Also MRQS (3 polish themed uploads) creations don't need to be restored on LEX right now, because those are part of the SC4 Polska restoration project.
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

xxdita

I have the full pages of all downloads saved, aside from Rivit's works, which he will manage as he chooses.

Marggg

Hello guys. I was searching for WMP's sets and dependencies and this thread is the only thing that i have found. It seems that a lot of time has passed since this topic was created. Did you manage to come to some decision? If so, could you tell me where the files are now available? If not, let me help you somehow to speed up this process.

Tyberius06

Hi everyone!

After a few long months, I managed to put together and clean up the WMP packs and merged them into thematical Mega Packs. The following single prop packs/set have NOT been merged into any of the Mega Prop Packs, but they have been updated, some props were taken out and placed into the mega prop packs or added to an existing single prop pack. These prop packs currently still unavailable, they will be released with their lot sets in the following day/weeks:
- monorail models/props (v2) - it will be uploaded also with the lot set
- bridge models/props (v2) - it will be uploaded also with the lot set
- rowing props (v2) - it will be uploaded with the Rowing Club set
- tunnel props (v2) - it will be uploaded with the Tunnel lots too
- rfy viaducts (v2) - it will be uploaded with the updated RFY Rail Viaduct set.
- murimk-wmp causeway props - they will be uploaded with the updated Murimk-WMP Causeway Set.

Today/night the following mega packs have been uploaded to LEX (later they will be uploaded to the STEX as well):

WMP Mega Props vol. 01 - Misc General Props

WMP Mega Props vol. 02 - Misc Industrial Props

WMP Mega Props vol. 03 - Port Autority Ferry

WMP Mega Props vol. 04 - Port Autority Seawalls

WMP Mega Props vol. 05 - Railway Props

WMP Essentials v1.0

WMP Mega Textures v1.02

RFY Mega Props Vol. 01

The props, models, textures, custom queries, UIs are mostly all DocRorlach's (WMP) and his associates' and pLynn's (RFY) work, the custom paths (as far as I know) Rivit's work.

For more information, read the attached readmes, and for sure everybody recommended to use the attached cleanitol files and remove the old single prop packs if they have. Those packs have been totally torn down and rebuilt for the mega packs.

Enjoy! The lot uploads are coming later, after they got updated.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

thingfishs

Thanks and congratulations!, I know it will have been a lot of work and is a fitting tribute to a significant ex-member of the community. Plus I can already see some things in there that will come in handy (I have a handful of stuff from their site, but didn't realise how much there was) Good job :thumbsup:

P.S. Look forward to the lots.

scoty

Yes yes yes, a big thank to you, for preserving these essential contributions. Nice work Tyberius!  &apls
... that's my pixel, click away!

AsimPika3172

I loves Sim City forever!

xxdita

Thank you for putting in the time and effort on all of this, Tibi.

Tyberius06

Hi!

In the next phase, I start uploading those 4-5 WMP/RFY contents, which has additional included dependencies (model/prop packs) to cover the full scale of dependencies created by the WMP and RFY teams.
Please, bear in mind, that many of these contents have already been uploaded to the STEX during the past couple of years, but with the WMP Restoration Project all of the already released WMP creations will get a general update.
In this thread I will link the uploads which made here to the SC4D LEX.
The first item in the row:

WMP The Bridges of Shoreline County (v2.0) - This upload contains the wmp_bridge_props_v2.dat as an included dependency, which can be used and referenced for future lotting projects.

Enjoy!

- Tyberius

xxdita

Tibi, I'm going to leave the WMP stuff under your name for the time being, so that you have full access to it in case of any issues that may arise. I'm a bit swamped right now.

Tyberius06

Hi everyone!

And here is the second WMP lotset by DocRorlach which has been rehosted on LEX and updated on STEX.
Please, bear in mind, that many of these contents have already been uploaded to the STEX during the past couple of years, but with the WMP Restoration Project all of the already released WMP creations will get a general update.
The second item in the row:

WMP Tunnel Portals v2 by DocRorlach - This upload contains the wmp_tunnel_portals01_v2.dat as an included dependency, which can be used and referenced for future lotting projects.

What's new in v2.0?

• Updated/reorganized folder structure.
  • Updated lots, descriptions, icons
  • Updated included dependency file - wmp_tunnel_portals01_v2.dat
  • +1 additional lot with the Road Tunnel
  • on the original Road Tunnel LOT the tunnel prop has been repositioned. It is highly recommended to bulldoze and replop this lot if you previously used.

Enjoy!

- Tyberius

EDIT: Thanks, Nate, I think by the time I finish uploading all the WMP contents here and updating them on STEX, we will have a clear picture if something needs to be updated or fixed. I try to test them and check them before upload, but the devil never sleeps. After that they can get their rightful account, I guess. Until then I'm happy to manage them.

Tyberius06

Hi everyone!

Next in the row. Here is the third WMP lotset by DocRorlach which has been rehosted on LEX and updated on STEX.
The third item in the row:

WMP Abtei Rowing Club v2 by DocRorlach - This upload contains the wmp_rowing_props_v2.dat as an included dependency, which can be used and referenced for future lotting projects.

What's new in v2.0?

• Updated/reorganized folder structure and readme.
  • Updated lots, descriptions, icons
  • Updated included dependency file - wmp_rowing_props_v2.dat

Enjoy!

- Tyberius

Tyberius06

And here is the forth WMP lotset by DocRorlach which has been rehosted on LEX and updated on STEX.
The forth item in the row:

WMP Monorail System (unfinished) v2 by DocRorlach (v2.0) - This upload contains the wmp_mrail_props_v2.dat as an included dependency, which can be used and referenced for future lotting projects.

What's new in v2.0?

• Updated lots (capacity, transit switches), descriptions
  • Updated included dependency file -wmp_mrail_props_v2.dat

Enjoy!

- Tyberius

Tyberius06

And as we continue, here is the fifth WMP lotset by DocRorlach, which has been rehosted on LEX and updated on STEX.
The fifth item in the row:

WMP-Murimk Causeway Set v2 (v2.0) - This upload contains the wmp-murimk_causeway_props_v2.dat as an included dependency, which can be used and referenced for future lotting projects.

What's new in v2.0?

• Updated included dependency file - wmp-murimk_causeway_props_v2.dat
  • +1 additional lot: WMP_Causeway_Wall1_bench_abed3839

Enjoy!

- Tyberius

Tyberius06

Hi everyone!

This post will be a bit longer. In the past couple of days there were 4 more new WMP/RFY uploads (to cover with them all the remaining single dependency prop packs), and 2 already uploaded and posted got an update since the last post. Let's start with them, shall we?

First something important. These new uploads and updates NOT just for new players. Everybody who already dowloaded these uploads in the past when they were originally hosted on STEX, PLEX and on the WMP official site, highly recommended to redownload the new updated versions. They contains bug fixes, updated descriptions, sometimes even extra contents. Of course it means in many times, that players who already had these in running cities, needs to bulldoze and replop these lots in their cities.

Since its initial release (which was on 25th May), the WMP Essentials has been updated on the 15th June 2020 and now the new version is WMP Essentials v1.0.1. If you have the previous version from the initial release, you are highly recommended to redownload and replace the old one with the v1.0.1 update.
Please make sure, that you redownload and reinstall the new updated version of it.

WMP Essentials v1.0.1

What's new in v1.0.1?

• Since the original Causeway set and Boardwalk set had the same custom queries, a new UI property (with new IID) has been added which gives a slightly modified text to the WMP Murimk Boardwalks. (NEW!!! WMP Essentials v1.0.1)

WMP-Murimk Causeway Set v2.01 - There were some changes since the last post. I discovered an error on one of the lots, and also, we managed to recover some lost additional contents to this upload.

What's new in v2.01?

• The extra seawall lot generated a silly visual bug uppon saving due to the used base textures. The base textures have been removed, the lot no totally transparent, which solved the issue
  • The old Causeway Terraforming Tutorial has been restored, thanks to @vortext, and now it's attached in a bit of updated format. Soon a HTML based separete upload will follow it on the exchanges.
  • the z_WMP Causeway RVTStreet.dat has also been restored, thanks to @rivit for his generous help with it.

And now let's continue with the new uploads.
The last remaining single prop pack takes place in the RFY Elevated Rail Viaduct Set v2.01. This upload contains the rfy_viaduct_props_v2.dat as an included dependency, which can be used and referenced for future lotting projects.

What's new in v2.01?

• Updated included dependency file - rfy_viaduct_props_v2.dat, as an included dependency, which can be used and referenced for future lotting projects.

The next upload is the WMP-Murimk Boardwalk Set v2

What's new in v2.0?

• Updated/reorganized folder structure and readme
  • Updated lots, descriptions and UI

And then here is one of my personal favourite - the WMP Abteibruecke (Cloister Bridge) v2

What's new in v2.0?

• Updated/reorganized folder structure and readme
  • Updated lots, descriptions
  • The previous/original WMP_Abteibruecke.dat file has been removed and reworked; the actual bridge models have been taken out and merged into the the wmp_bridge_props_v2.dat, while the additional bollard props have been merged into the WMP Mega Props vol. 1. With this new update, this upload only contains the WMP_Abteibruecke_Lots.dat with the two bridge LOTs.

And as for last for now the HTML and PDF version of the  WMP Causeway Terraforming Tutorial

You will find the relevant cleanitol/remove files at the end of this post as attachments (sorry, I forgot to include them one-by-one into the updates).

For more information, read the attached readmes, and for sure everybody recommended to use the attached cleanitol files and remove the old single prop packs if they have. Those packs have been totally torn down and rebuilt for the mega packs.

After these updates, I'm taking a little break, because I need to take care of some of my own uploaded creations. The rest of WMP/RFY uploads will be updated on STEX and uploaded onto LEX later in this year. If I manage to get through on my own stuffs relatively quickly, then august/september, but dependending on RL commitments there could be delays. Also it is possible, that I will make sudden/random updates if I have time at any time.

Enjoy and have fun!

- Tyberius

fantozzi

Thank you Tibi. Quite some of my contributions wouldn't work anymore without your efford.