• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms - The End; A New Revolution

Started by marsh, May 12, 2010, 04:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apeguy

Excellent pictures, especially the pic with the lifeboat station.

Awesome work. :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

io_bg

Great to see you back in the MD world! And jaw-dropping scenery in the last update! &apls
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

bat

Two great updates! I like the road!
Looking forward to more... ;)

Kergelen

Nice start!

I like your way of scenery, especially the way you combine areas with trees and areas without. &apls &apls

Links to SC4 websites

sepen77

Your epic terrain detailing will make this MD stand out Marsh  :thumbsup:
~ Sepen77

Girafe

We like your work and your talent for natural landscapes  ::)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Aaron Graham

WOW!!! I love you map region and I love the way you have started your town, everything is perfect to me, I have to keep my see on this.  :thumbsup:
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

carlfatal

Oh, &ops
i must be sunken or something, - i didn´t see...  &ops
and now it´s like doing a big breath, this smells so peaceful. it´s pure beauty!
And i withdraw: there is quite a number of trees, the map is sooo huge...
Wonderful start!  &apls
Greetz, Carl

Evillions8

marsh

+Replies+

Ol.S / Benoit: It's PEG's brigatine mod. . Altered in photoshop. ;)

Swordmaster: Well it follows a similar route up the coast of the region. So I would imagine it does look similar. :P (That and I'm getting a few ideas from it.)

Orange_o_: I've used some of the Rural pack in the past 2 updates, but didn't get a chance to use it more before I posted. In future updates you'll see more of it's use. ;)

TmiguelT, Framly, Yann, noahclem, art128, apeguy, io_bg, bat, Kergelen, sepen, Girafe, Aaron Graham, eulf, Evillions & the rest: Thank you all for commenting. :) Small update today. Just to set the scene for how Sandalwood shall grow. :) When I made this update I didn't quite think it was up to par, but oh well.

Much growth has occurred in the cities and regions North and South of Sandalwood country. After much decision and years of planning the new I-16, going up the coast in a completely different route, is set to connect the two regions via the coastal, and vastly unsettled county of Sandalwood. What this highway will do to the region, and especially the small settlement of Sandalwood (named after the county.)

3-1

There is currently 1 planned interchange in the entire county. It crosses the old I-16 (now re-named to the "Sandalwood Coastal Highway") which leads into town and to the old ferry crossing of the Francisca Bay.

3-2

Some more hilly areas in the region (which there are a lot of) have been decided to just be dug and blasted through. As going around them would just be more expensive.

3-3

After a while the intersection was completed. It will be a while before the entire length of it is finished though. It is a few miles outside of Sandalwood, and already the small town is getting some activity. Many of the workers on the highway are staying there in the local motel, and eating breakfast lunch and dinner there. The town has never seen so many people at one time.

3-4

3-5

ARAL, seeing this as a business opportunity, has already set up a gas station on the intersection right off the highway. Their first station within the Sandalwood county.

3-6

What becomes of the Francisca inlet? Well a 4-lane highway can't really depend on a ferry. It would be too much hassle. So the Francisca Bay Bridge Is being constructed. The harsh storms in the area, however, are slowing work momentarily.

Ol.S / Benoit

Really nice update again !
Well I'm not a fan of Nam Ramps, especially in rural areas, I prefer terraformed ramps :) (Just my opinion)
But the atmosphere is here, can't wait to see more :)

BTW, really great PS work with the water last time !
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

wallasey

Its been a long time since I have seen an update of the standard you have just produced. Keep up the excellent work!

marsh

+Replies+

Ol.S / Benoit: Well I went with those just because they seemed to fit better in the area and I didn't really want to make extensively long offramps. :P

wallasey: Thank you. :)

4-1

The old I-16 Ferry terminal stands relativity vacant now. The Francisca Bay Bridge has been completed. Now connecting both sides of the bay. Having no need for any ferries to cross anymore.

4-2

The only people there go for the beach really. The weather may not be nice today, but that doesn't mean fishing is out of the question. Plus the cool autumn breezes are perfect for windsurfers and surfers alike.

4-3

4-4

[Click for full-size image]
The Francisca Bay Bridge (Also known as the Francisca Inlet Bridge) Was completed on October the first. It took about 1/2 a year to complete (started March of that same year.) A rather quick build for such an ambitious project. All together the bridge cost almost 25million. Surely that cost was worth it for bridging such a gap. Now uniting both sides of the bay and who knows what else.

nbvc

Great work with the beach. &apls Did you made the water textures or is it photo shopped?

art128

Wow! This is some marvelous bridge and landscape, Marsh !
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Gringamuyloca

&apls  ;D
The use of light, shadow and seasonal content in 4-3 really caught my eye!
Glad to see you 'painting' again Marsh!  :thumbsup:  ()stsfd()

Tamara

threestooges

The seasonal flora is really shown off well here. You have a knack for your natural areas, and your transitions from developed to undeveloped land are some of the best I've seen (I always seem to keep coming back to image 1-3); and that's a tricky thing to pull off convincingly. Any tips for that?

Sky Guy

Oh my heck, marsh, when were you going to tell me you had a new city journal? :P

Awesome job either way, it is already becoming addictive  ;)

Kalu Sabah- A fast growing dynamic Southeast Asian Country

Dantes

The image of the bridge looks great.  :o The bridge harmonizes beautifully with the landscape.  :)

Gugu3

Great job!that bridge looks awesome!and the entire region too :thumbsup: