• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Battlecat

Looking good there!  Looking forward to seeing what you're going to do with this area. 

bat

guurgkud

Wow... what a great sight for my return to sc4d... hehe.
Your MD is coming along really beautifully, and those rivers are just magnificent.

Looking forward to more  :thumbsup:
]http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7083.0]

Come discover its mysteries...
Tristania // Revisited

Pat

OK what I am going to do for now while I am work listing to the Brewers game v Cubbies I will get some replies done and caught up...  Sorry I haven't posted much been dealing with some heavy stuff since the 22nd of February....

Some good news though is that my wife got her awards letter from Social Security which means she is now classified disabled and she will get a back date check for 3 yrs at what should be her current rate of pay!!!! So we're looking at a good chuck!! YAY!!!

OK so enough of me babbling from here but rest assured I am working on the update which might happen tonight depending!!!

Quote from: Jmouse on February 20, 2009, 11:41:41 PM
Those little creases in the landscape should make for some beautiful streams - soon I hope. I join many others (I'm sure) in looking forward to seeing those dry creek beds come to life.

** scrounges around in the garage digging for fishing gear. **

Later...
Joan

Jmouse: Hi Joan!!! Don't hurt yourself in going for that fishing gear!!! You know I wish a batter would make some fishing props for TPW that would be sooo awesome!!! I would be in heaven!!!!  Don't worry TPW is coming to the stream near ya's sooon!!!

Quote from: bat on February 21, 2009, 08:36:25 AM
Fantastic terraforming there! Nice work on it! Looking forward to part 4, or to more... ;)

And btw, my 110th reply here at Waterfalls...
Edit: Also congrats on over 41500 views!!

bat: LoL yuppers it sure is there Bat and thank you for noticing that I hit a whopping 41,500 views WOW I cant believe it myself!!!!

Quote from: Sciurus on February 21, 2009, 09:01:43 AM
Very good terraforming, but we could believe there are same pics you show us :D

Guillaume :thumbsup:

Sciurus: Hello there Guillaume trust me those are not the same pics I would never ever do that to you all!!! It might double up a bit but never the same area along the stream...  I hope to show you more soon!!!

Quote from: bob56 on February 21, 2009, 09:09:10 AM
so thats how you make those great landscapes!?

Nice job, looking forward to more

Bob56: hey Bob thank you!!! More will come I promise!!!!

Quote from: LE0 on February 21, 2009, 10:24:56 AM
Thats some nice terraforming! &apls

lol I suck at terraforming $%Grinno$%

LEO: LoL Leo you don't suck at it no no no thats not nice to say at all!!! Give yourself some credit OK for me... It takes time and practice to get the best terraforming down pat.... ;D  Hey its almost spring is LEOLand coming???

Quote from: c.p. on February 21, 2009, 06:32:14 PM
I look forward to seeing how these creeks come out, and look forward to seeing the first town spring up too. ;)

Brian aka CP: Wow I am soo honored to have you stop in Waterfalls!!! I am trying to work on the towns now as well almost as we speak but city building is somewhat not me lol...  I can do it but I bite lol.... Thank you soo much for coming in here Brian!! See you soon!!!

Quote from: bob56 on February 23, 2009, 02:52:39 PM
very nice...One thing i noticed is that there soesn't seem to be a road connected to that bridge. MAybe I'm just blind...  &smrt

Also, i see you got rain to work...for me it always floods my city.

Great job. I'm looking forward to more waterfalls!!

Bob56: Hi Bob I did get your PM the other day I felt that it would be proper to address here in waterfalls... I hope you dont mind just read at the end of the replies here for a great details you wanted!!!  BTW your not blind at all it was a place holder, but rest assured there is a road there now  ;)

Quote from: kimcar on February 23, 2009, 05:11:08 PM
&apls &aplsExcellent use of the rain mod Pat. I have to try it one of these day. Great looking too. Take care

Kimcar: Hey there Kim thank you!!! Lemme tell you it takes practice and patience to use the Rain Tool...  I look forward to see what you can do with it!!!

Quote from: meinhosen on February 23, 2009, 05:42:46 PM
Pat,
I completely neglected to stop by earlier- nice job on the terraforming and the rain tool!  I saw those shots of the empty landscape and my own imagination starting running on how things would look- but seeing even the far-zoom shot blasted those images out of the water.  I'm eager to see the close-up details.

meinhosen:  Hey Sarge its all good you have a darn great reason for not stopping in sooner!!! I will have the close ups here soon with some TPW and flora starting....

Quote from: Jmouse on February 23, 2009, 07:27:02 PM
Lookin' good, Pat! Which tree controller are you using?

Later...
Joan

Jmouse:  Hi Joan I believe I am using CP tree controller 7/8/9 I believe but I will let you know for sure when I can get home to double check!!!

Quote from: Battlecat on February 24, 2009, 08:48:21 AM
Looking good there!  Looking forward to seeing what you're going to do with this area. 

Quote from: bat on February 24, 2009, 10:23:45 AM
Nice work on that river! :thumbsup:

Bat: hey Bat my friend its great to have you here again and thank you soo much!!! More will come with the right progress....

Quote from: guurgkud on February 27, 2009, 10:45:37 AM
Wow... what a great sight for my return to sc4d... hehe.
Your MD is coming along really beautifully, and those rivers are just magnificent.

Looking forward to more  :thumbsup:

guurgkud: Hey there guurgkud and welcome to Waterfalls its great to have you here!! I cant remember if this is your first visit but either way welcome!!!!  Thank you soo much and don't forget if you get a chance to check out the rest of Waterfalls so you can see where I have come from to where I am now.... Hope to see you back soon!!!

OK I promised that I would address a PM from Bob56 here and well just so you all know what the question was here is the quote....

Quote from: bob56 on March 04, 2009, 02:42:57 PM
Pat,

I've been working with the game lately, and am considering starting an MD. I have two questions.

1. Is their a certain level of quality you need to have at city-building(i haven't actually played that much)
and
2. Is there a certain amount of commitment(I probably wouldn't be able to churn out updates every week...

Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks!

OK here is my take on doing a MD and I encourage any other MD'er to chime in as well as I think it would be great to have one or more thoughts here....

Building styles:

OK so my thoughts here are well Bob honestly it don't matter to much on your city building skills, yes sure there will be critiques on it but it would only be to better you... What I mean here is that as long as you take the picture and go with either of the following styles it don't matter to much on building...

Styles of MD's

Hmmm lets see here there are several different styles of MD'ing and or CJ'ing out there... 

Showcase: There is a showcase where you are just showing off your city and different aspects of it... Little or no photoshopping is done or a lot depending on what you want to do... Also who can fit in this idea is an author who is working with LE and doing different projects and then implementing what they made into the city and also showing off their works from the LE IE Common Wealth of Marathon or AntigOne...

Story based: Story line is where you take pictures to fit a story and do some photoshopping to the pics... IE hmm so many to choose from but here is one that is great and by Dioangel and its Pat The Private Eye Detective

Nature based: Then there is a nature based where well primary focus is on natural aspects of the game with some city showing... But primary is all nature... IE the MD you are reading lol....

Urban/Industrial/Rural Growth style: Like what it says its where the author is doing any one of those three... The main thing is showing how the city grows in each setting... OK here is a great example of

Time commitment:

Hmmm yes there is quite amount of time comment you would need to make for a MD... The average time is updating at least once a week or if you got a lot of time on your hands you can do a daily update... It really is up to the individual author in how much time that they want to devote to their creation... Me as of lately have been on a spurt here and there but I know I still got my audience out there and even if just a few folks reply its enough for me to keep going!!!

So Bob I hoped I answered your question throughly there and don't be afraid to ask more!!!  Also to any other author out there don't hesitate to add to my thoughts....

cheers

Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bob56

thank you so much for your input!! You answered what i asked, plus gave other great tips! This has made my day.(night)

p.s. I will be starting an MD soon.. :)
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

LE0

I meant i cant make tiny streams in god mode, i am very sloppy at terraforming &ops
you have a whole MD that shows how good you are terraforming :)

PS. Leoland is probably coming in late April at the earliest.
Leoland coming Spring 2009

Pat

OK as I did make a promisse and I am here to hold true to my word.... Here is the new update today!!! YAY!!!!! So without further ado here we gooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

The last of the flooding pics....

Now some work in progress pics...........

To all the lurkers out and about lemme know what you think even you just stop by to say HI so that way I know you love Waterfalls todate!!! Also I want to thank you all again for your wonderful support here!!! Till next time!!!

Your Tour Guide To Waterfalls...

Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bob56

that is really cool...how did you do that?

I've never seen flooding done in SC4
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

art128

Hey, Patrick,

These three pictures are really nice my friend.
I really love the third one. &apls

Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Battlecat

Love that plopable water.  I'm looking forward to seeing the detailing results. 

Jmouse

Awesome photos, Pat. Looking forward to seeing where you take this project next.

Later...
Joan

Pat

Thank you all for your wonderful comments here in this last update and now we continue along the lines of the river bed today!!! So now without further ado here we gooo..............

alright so that now concludes this update stay tuned soon to another one coming soon this week  ;)

To all the lurkers out and about lemme know what you think even you just stop by to say HI so that way I know you love Waterfalls todate!!! Also I want to thank you all again for your wonderful support here!!! Till next time!!!

Patrick

bat

dedgren

Pat- It's always great to watch a fellow terraformer at work.  I'm sure some psychiatrist would have an observation or two about our mutually obsessive quest to perfectly shape the landscape.

That is the nicest ploppable water river I've ever seen.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Schulmanator

Awesome!

Gimme a hammock and a big glass of iced tea... I'm heading up that way now!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Pat

OK as it seems what I will be doing is do a few updates at the most 4 and then do a massive replies... I may at times just do the replies and then throw in a update as well!!! Well anyways here is the replies from the last few updates......

Quote from: bob56 on March 09, 2009, 05:02:43 PM
that is really cool...how did you do that?

I've never seen flooding done in SC4

Bob56: Hey there Bob thank you and how I did it was with the Rain Tool... Ive been trying to find the link for it but I cant remember where it sits.. Give me some time and I will find it eventualy lol....

Quote from: canuck3360 on March 10, 2009, 01:05:02 AM
as always very nice

Canuck: WOW Canuck thank you my friend and its a great pleasure to see you in here again!! You keep this up I am going to have to do a special treat for ya's  ;D

Quote from: art128 on March 10, 2009, 04:21:21 AM
Hey, Patrick,

These three pictures are really nice my friend.
I really love the third one. &apls

Arthur. :thumbsup:

Art128: Hey Arthur I am glad you liked the third one there!! These pics where of a diffrent change for me to do... I had fun exspecially with the last one  ;)

Quote from: Battlecat on March 10, 2009, 08:43:23 AM
Love that Ploppable water.  I'm looking forward to seeing the detailing results. 

Battlecat: HI Battlecat and thank you!!! Dont worry details will be filling in here soon....

Quote from: Jmouse on March 10, 2009, 01:54:52 PM
Awesome photos, Pat. Looking forward to seeing where you take this project next.

Later...
Joan

Jmouse: Hey Joan thank you so much and I think you would pleased we're headin next!!

Quote from: bat on March 11, 2009, 04:05:06 AM
Beautiful pictures of that river, Pat! :thumbsup:

Bat: Hi there Bat thank you soo much my friend!!

Quote from: dedgren on March 11, 2009, 09:28:01 AM
Pat- It's always great to watch a fellow terraformer at work.  I'm sure some psychiatrist would have an observation or two about our mutually obsessive quest to perfectly shape the landscape.

That is the nicest ploppable water river I've ever seen.

David

Dedgren:  Hey David it is a true pleasure to have you stop in here when you can!!! You know I think you are right if a Quack Doc would review what we all do, I think he/she would definitely say we are Obsessed  :D... To think that this TPW River is not even done yet!!

Patrick

Since I did promisse some update time after doing replies well there you have it  ;)  OK so this is a test of some new tricks I am working on for a little photoshopping!! What do you all think?

Simpson

As well my friend, it's incredible, The general pictures are magnificent  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Earth quake

Wow, my friend, splendid update, I love.

The River is most incredible. &apls

kimcar

&apls &apls I don`t know what you have photoshop , but the set up is just great , very nice pic my friend :thumbsup: