• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The County of Seydhisland

Started by Sól, June 16, 2007, 10:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sól

Hello, and welcome to my first mayors diary!

This particular region is not based on any other region or country and is purely fictional. Iceland does not have a county named +seydhisland+

And here is where it is, world wise

anyway, here are some region pictures,

This land was first settled by people from Ireland, and Norway.

In the 1880s, Denmark took over.

Denmark, a wealthy nation in Northern Europe, said that this land belonged to them because, quote, 'It looks cool!' unquote.

So, in the early 1900s Norway and Ireland stepped in and declared their country. But.... How can two nations rule the same land?

so after constant arguments, ahem.  :discuss: A fierce battle broke out and thus was born, SEYDHISLAND

Iceland off in its on little corner said, 'Hey, this island is in our waters, can we govern it?'

So, they got their wish and Seydhisland earned their flag =

And not one life was spared in the declaration of Seydhisland!

Hívuxím is the first settled town,

And from these satelite pictures you can see Hívuxím, Kára, Jælví and Þórsson.

And here is the city of Þórsson =

Þórsson is a city of harbours, industry and many people call it home.

these towers are the tallest in all of iceland.

In the cold chilly nights the people of Seydhisland wrap up in a blanket and read and nice book. The education rate of this county is the highest as well. And the safety, and health. and so on. People from all over are coming here to go to the hot springs, and that is in the next update, as well as a newspaper im creating. So, I hope you enjoy my first update!

Thanks all.  :)

Owen Luby

Great start!

I just have to ask, how and where did you get that avenue roundabout? $%Grinno$%
I want SC4 back!!

Sól

Hi and thanks! And, its in the new Network Addon Modd. June 2007.

Vario80

Great start. :thumbsup: The harbour looks very good and these houses fit very well into the region i think.
I also noticed you use some environemental friendly solarpanels as a power supply, just hope it can catch enough solar energy from the bright summer months for the dark winter months. :D
Keep it up mate.
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

tooheys

Nice start, the region looks good and I like the work so far. But will be viewing from afar, too cold for me.

Cheers

Dave

bat

Wonderful start, Sól! Beautiful region and great pictures of that city! :thumbsup:

Sól

Update 2!

Hi, and welcome back to Seydhisland. The story continues, with many people from the mainland trying to find more jobs, as they are mating like bunnies they have to provide for their growing families.

in this photo, the construction workers are begininning to build a new office complex in a suburb of Hívuxím.

One day while on the job construction worker Jón Jónsson, found what appeared to be a giant viking head??

So not thinking anything, they continue on with the construction, and digging up the heads.

The centre is  done, but what about those heads?.....

we´ll see what happens later, but this town sure is booming!

Other parts of the city of Hívuxím=

this is the geothermal power stations, get used to seeing them there all over!

Seydhisland is also one of the greenest places on Earth. Almost next to nothing pollution and absolutly NO whaling, dumping in the sea, geothermal power and solar power along with wind power!

thanks, and that was update 2.

More on the way region shots and Improvements in transit

Teaser!

thanks for stopping by, Sól

Sól

Replies!

tooheys:
Its not that cold now! thanks lol

bat:
Thank you!

Forgive me for not replying faster

Okæ Update 3!

in the last update I promised transit upgrades, but i´m going to show you something different.

A new island has been dicovered and the name is 'Vestmanna'.  Icelandic official quicly set up an airstrip and mapped out a new towne. Why you ask? uno wordo. Moolah. They need money! vestmanna will be a great source of income because of tourists wanting more adventures out of Iceland. .. . . .

its about 100 miles from Hívuxím

here is the airstrip they figure hundreds of tourists would walk through a day......

But, there plans backfired when Danish officials said that the Island was theres!

PM Anders, released a statement today that said, 'This island is obviously ours!, we gave Seydhisland away to them, so they need to not be so stingy and hand it over, the king is very unhappy with the Icelandic government because they have to meddle in everyones business!'

Meanwhile, the people icelandic people move to the island, not knowing they would now be 'Danes'.

the danish people build, ports and housing for many, at HALF the cost of icelandic housing because of taxes. (ugh dont get me started!)

Since everyone knows taxes are evil, you can see why people from a taxing-you-to-death country would want to move to this island to be rid of all financial burdens.

the island is totally powered by wind, and is watred by seawater being filtered through whale teeth. i think its, salene?

anyway, this comes to a total surprise to the presadent of Iceland. Ólafur Grímsson, the pres. says that this '.comes like a slap in the face for our country'

as this little island grows, tempers boil......

Ólafur Grímsson

so who does Mr. Grímsson call on? None other than.

the two countries meet at Þingvellir to discuss what to do with Danish troops now on the Island of Vestmanna.

Since iceland doesnt have an army like U.S. Ólafur  asks George if they can help... What will he say!? Well, stay tuned for next update! and thank you all and I promise I´ll reply.

Góðan dag

bat

Great new updates, Sól! Also wonderful new pictures! Great work! :thumbsup:

Snaper

Very beautiful ... I like, that made very Scandinavian even if it is in Iceland  :P

I find that it's very similar to reality... I ever was in Island, but I saw pictures and it's same environment  :thumbsup:

&apls

thundercrack83

Brilliant job here, my friend! Sorry I missed the first few updates, but I'll definitely be following along from now on! Keep up the good work!

Vario80

Nice update, i must say i like the shape of the island of Vestmanna.  :thumbsup: Looking forward for more.
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

ExiLe

cool, a new island off Iceland!
I have never been to Iceland, tho it looks like a nice place, even though it is a bit small :) (I know Norway isn't really that big either) ;)
Love the language tho, more or less the way my forefathers spoke. I learned some from a friend of mine who comes from Iceland... Think he lives in Reykjavik now, haven't heard from him in a while :/
Anyway a nice looking CJ, I'll keep an eye on it :)

take care,

oh and btw, ha en god dag ;)
...coming soon

sebes

Great start of your MD Sól. I have never been to Iceland, but the country is fascinating. I 'll be back to check how Seydhisland developpes.

Now, this exit caught my eye... how do get that?

Quote from: Sól on June 17, 2007, 05:57:11 PM
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

dedgren

Sól- Hey!  A really nice little MD you've got going here.  I whizzed through it at the end of last month as I did my "Of Special Interest" rounds and made a mental note to come back and leave a comment... that brain cell must've been on its last legs.

So I'm back today and have taken a really good look- this is good stuff.  Lot's of offbeat content, an interesting story line, solid pics and...

...geothermal power!

I love geothermal power.  Why?  I don't know.  Maybe because it's so different than dusty old coal, damp old hydro, or nasty old nuclear.

Truly. lots of stuff here to like.  I hope you're just on short break and we'll see another update soon.

Good luck!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax