• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Troubles on the West Side

Started by Lowkee33, October 19, 2010, 07:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowkee33

I have been doing a good job of ignoring this problem over the years, but now that I am making a terrain mod it has come back full swing.  I believe we are all aware of this happening, so I think a picture will explain nicely:

I have used a terrain mod and tree controller to show the issue, but you can see by the trees in the Maxis Regions that they fell victim to it as well.

The problem is that trees are planted mostly on the left side of the city tile, and thus the cities don't match up.  I can handle the spotty-ness of the trees elsewhere.  Terrain works the same as trees, so picture snow where those trees are and you can imagine my frustration.

This happens because of moisture level.  The left edge simply has more of it, and the tree controller says "plant trees".  The strangeness of this is that the edge changes every time the city is opened (granted that it has never been saved).

I have played around a little with trying to effect this, but so far nothing that appears to make a difference.  Thanks

RippleJet

There's a long post by Adam dealing with the western moisture here. ;)

Lowkee33

Thanks Tage :)

Looks like a brainbuster for sure.