• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to Make an Interchange with Gradual Slopes

Started by dsrwhat316, January 19, 2008, 01:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsrwhat316

Hello again!

As promised, I have made another tutorial, this time on how to build something like this:

That is a somewhat old pic: in this tutorial, the slopes will be more gradual than those shown here.
To begin, you'll need smoncrie's Hole Digging Lots and the latest version of the NAM installed.
Enough talk, let's see some action!

Step 1

We'll start off the same way we did in my previous tutorial: lay down the sunken hole digging lots like so.

Step 2

Drag a road through those lots.

Step 3

Demolish the lots and lay single-road tiles as shown.

Step 4

Plop some single-tile roads to further extend the trench (make it about 15 tiles long for this example).

Step 5

Demolish those tiles so you have an empty trench.

Step 6

Drag out the ground highway in the trench.

Step 7

Plop an Avenue over Ground Highway lot from the NAM like so.

Step 8

Plop the "T" intersection on-slope avenue pieces as shown.
For those of you who want to make a sloped interchange, skip ahead to step 12. These next few step are for making avenue overpasses that have a full running sidewalk (will be better explained by following pics) The following steps were created by ebina over on Simtropolis, which is found over here. I take absolutely NO CREDIT for that portion of this tutorial (steps 9 through 11)

Step 9

Drag out the transit network using ONLY ONE-WAY ROADS.

Step 10

Now, demolish ONLY THE ROADS and NOT THE AVENUE SECTION, and you'll get the above pic.

Step 11

Drag out the avenue. To test if you did it correctly, plop a grass tile next to the avenue. If done correctly, it'll look like the above pic.

If not, it'll look like this:

Step 12

Plop single-tile roads EXACTLY as shown in the pic (i.e. use the same distances from the avenue overpass.

Step 13

Drag a ground highway as shown above.

Step 14

Demolish that ground highway and plop another set of single-road tiles to the left of the previous ones.

Step 15

Plop the single-sided ground highway one-way road puzzle piece from the NAM like so.

Step 16

Before dragging out the one-way road, plop single-road tiles to narrow the slope.

Step 17

Now you can drag the one-way road out (make sure it is going in the same direction as the lanes of your highway are going!)

Results

Repeat as many times as needed (the pic above is a standard "diamond" interchange).
A word of caution: when making the trench for the ground highway interchange in the OPPOSITE direction, just add another set of single-road tiles in Step 14.

Option 1

Now to add the trimmings! For the above pic, I used BuddyBud's walls which used Jeroni's textures.

Option 2

Here I used the lots I showcased in my previous tutorial (click link in my sig for it!).
Use your imagination when it comes to gussying up your interchanges.

Feel free to PM me with any questions, and I'll be happy to answer them!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

rodrigogua

would you ever considering uploading those sidewalks to the bsc xchange or to the stex for those of us who don't have LE? they look fantastic

dsrwhat316

Quote from: rodrigogua on February 04, 2008, 11:05:18 AM
would you ever considering uploading those sidewalks to the bsc xchange or to the stex for those of us who don't have LE? they look fantastic

I might possibly do that in the future, most likely in the STEX. I don't think these lots are of high enough quality for the LEX  :-[

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)