• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to build a Parallel Oneway Intersection

Started by sebes, March 07, 2008, 07:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebes

I noticed in a couple of MD's that people use parallel road ramps to connect to one way parrallel exits, for example here in  Balnavia were roundabouts were needed to avoid a sudden stop of the road. The road is only needed for connecting traffic from the highway to the crossing avenue.

By using a different type of exit or ramp, connecting to OW road, an intersection like this becomes possible:

In this tutoral I will show how to build such an intersection.

Step 1: 
Build an elevated High way

Step 2:
Build an OW road parallel to the highway, with at least 2 tiles, in the direction that you want the ramp to connect to the highway

Step 3:
Make sure that 5 tiles are available to place the ramp

Step 4:
Select in the highway menu the tool to build Oneway Parallel Ramps (the last button)

Step 5:
Place the cursor on the last tile of the OW Road

Step 6:
Use the TAB-key to select the desired exit/ramp (in this case 4x TAB: oneway parallel exit connecting to OW road)

Step 7:
You can bulldoze everything except the ramp, the connecting OW tile to the ramp, and the 6 tiles of highway that are parallel to the ramp and that OW tile.

Step 8:
You can connect every roadtype to this ramp by using OW roads, from any direction.

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

TheTeaCat

Very Handy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Nice clear explanation too :thumbsup:

Thank you for sharing these tips with us.

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

CasperVg

Nice tutorial. If only it were possible for ground highways  &mmm
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

tooheys

Very handy sebes, and I will keep this in mind.  However the example you used from my MD isn't really relevant as I was using ground hwys and as caspervg commented, at present I don't think what you suggest is possible with the ground hwy pieces available.

Dave