• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 32 Pre-Release -- Discussion, Support, and Bug Report Thread

Started by The NAM Team, December 18, 2013, 06:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geometry123

Not sure if this has been reported... :]

L0 to L1 and L2 Avenue Flex-HT have missing paths. All the other Flex-HTs have no pedestrian paths... ::)
You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

Yes (Issue #180), and it was fixed just after it was reported.

-Alex

jdenm8

In addition, the missing pedestrian paths was Issue #172 and has been fixed.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Shadow Assassin

And also, there's one other thing wrong, too.

Look at how some pieces look grainy while others are fine.

added as issue #204 ~ memo
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

joelyboy911

Unsure if this is a bug (or is my own fault), and also unsure if it has already been reported?

added as issue #203 ~ memo

There appears to be a wee gap in the paths here no commutes or automata can pass (Rail 45 degree curve) - I did standard full install if it helps. Feel free to just delete this comment if I'm making the mistake. Hehe.

Also just wanted to say that I love the new ARD-3 roundabouts - looking forward to the left-hand-drive versions being complete though (again, unless that's an error I've caused). If there's anything else you'd like looked at in LHD - feel free to get in contact.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

MVS82

Whenever I try to edit the Traffic Simulator a second time it tells me it can't save it because SC4 is running on my system when I don't have the game running.

Geometry123

You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

-Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

Quote from: Geometry123 on January 03, 2014, 12:57:02 AM
The Flex-Onslopes still need moar cowbell... :D

Already taken care of on my end.  It'll be practically like a Mississippi State University football game in the final release.

-Alex

Geometry123

Another one to report... In several FARHW pieces, particularly the FARHW-4 and 6S pieces, there are points where cars, simulator and UDI, will disappear. I guess there is a 0.1 nanometer path gap somewhere in those FARHW pieces... :P

-Ocean Quigley

memo

Quote from: Geometry123 on January 03, 2014, 01:17:53 AM
Another one to report... In several FARHW pieces, particularly the FARHW-4 and 6S pieces, there are points where cars, simulator and UDI, will disappear. I guess there is a 0.1 nanometer path gap somewhere in those FARHW pieces... :P

A gap in the paths is indeed very likely, in this case. If you could identify the exact pieces, that would be really helpful.

MandelSoft

I think they are probably the straight to FARHW curves. This pathing bug has been there for ages, but never fixed.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Tarkus

I think it actually got fixed once or twice ages ago, but it was either an attachment patch that got lost, or some other issue pertaining to our old file management practices caused it to get undone.

-Alex

Geometry123

So far, here are the pieces that suffer a pathbug... :D

FARHW-4 Dual Straight
FARHW-4 Ortho-FAR
FARHW-4 Ortho-Diag Inner/Outer
FARHW-4 Diag-FAR
FARHW-6S Straight Piece

Apparently, the most problematic area of those pieces is the inner lane.

added as issue #208 ~ memo

-Ocean Quigley

jaredh

Quote from: Tarkus on January 03, 2014, 01:08:09 AM

Already taken care of on my end.  It'll be practically like a Mississippi State University football game in the final release.

-Alex

You can never get enough cowbell...(GO STATE!)

Shadow Assassin

I think the FARHW pathing bugs are due to how some paths cross tile boundaries. I know there was a problem with a couple of paths (which I fixed) ending on 8,8, which confuses the game, sometimes it works, other times it'll flash red.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

timmeister

Seems to be the same bug as Titanicbuff reported. Not present before NAM 32, present after I installed it. As soon as I let the simulator run, the zots appear. Seems to be connected to the neighbour connection. If I delete the connection, the zots disappear, when I build the connection again, they re-appear.

memo

In your case, Sims can't return from work without travelling into the neighbouring city, which is prevented by the simulator. You just need to connect the street with the opposite side of the avenue, too, by dragging the street across both tiles of the avenue.

timmeister

Correct, that solved it. But I do wonder how it's possible that this exact same configuration did work previously...
Thanks!

Tarkus

It's possible that before you switched over to NAM 32 PR1, the simulator hadn't adjusted yet to that setup.  There is indeed no logical way for that setup to work with the Street not going through the Avenue.

-Alex

Geometry123

OWR X El-Rail over Avenue has Road paths. This also applies with El-Rail over RD-4. ::)

-Ocean Quigley