• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 32 Pre-Release -- Discussion, Support, and Bug Report Thread

Started by The NAM Team, December 18, 2013, 06:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdenm8

There's nothing we can do about the approaching roads. The Bidirectional paths are intentional since we can't know which way the OWR is travelling.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Geometry123

Yah, I know that, but there is a missing path on one of the lanes approaching the network. D:
You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

Quote from: Geometry123 on January 07, 2014, 10:40:32 PM
Yah, I know that, but there is a missing path on one of the lanes approaching the network. D:

This was already reported as Issue #166, just after the Pre-Release.  It's been determined that the piece still generally functions correctly in spite of the issue, so it's marked as "functional" and "DEFCON 5".

-Alex

gn_leugim

As anyone reported this before?

It's the 7,5m diagonal on slope transition. the pathing is ok, but the model, or part of it, well, see by your self  "$Deal"$

Tarkus

You have to be really careful with placing the diagonal on-slopes.  It took me a little getting used to as well.

-Alex

memo

Quote from: gn_leugim on January 09, 2014, 11:16:22 AM
It's the 7,5m diagonal on slope transition. the pathing is ok, but the model, or part of it, well, see by your self  "$Deal"$

That's a very interesting issue. Actually, the diagonal on-slope pieces are supposed to be placed on orthogonal slopes, not diagonals as in your picture. However, seeing your picture, it might be possible to modify the models such that the puzzle pieces work in both of these situations. It is only required to merge the two triangles, that form the road surface, into one (or change the orientation of the triangles/rotate them by 90 degree).

Kuewr665

I think the existing rail viaduct diagonal on-slope transition works for both orthogonal and diagonal slopes too.

Durfsurn

This bug has been around for a while but it is probably DEFCON 6 (I know that's not a thing btw) and aethestic so probably on the bottom but the preview model for this piece shows RD-2 (Maxis) instead of RHW-2.

Also at the end of the Drag. Viaducts there are a couple of RHW "Flex Trans" that don't work properly. I don't have a pic but can get one if needed.

Fixed image tag for you.  To specify a width for an image (and have the height scaled proportionally), use [img width=800] for an 800px wide scaling. -Tarkus/Admin

Tarkus

The FARHW-2 preview there has been around since NAM 29.  We originally had a more RHW-y looking one, but it had some really wacky stuff happening with the model, and caused a bunch of CTDs.  Minor cosmetic issue that doesn't affect placement > cosmetically correct and causes CTDs.  DEFCON 6 would be pretty accurate.

As far as those "RHW FLEXTrans", that's how they're supposed to look.  The FLEX-OnSlopes for the Road/OWR/AVE viaducts actually had to be designed to be RHW-based, due to how the game handles network hierarchy.  We couldn't get that degree of slope tolerance if those starters were actually Road/OWR/AVE-based.

-Alex

Geometry123

Not a bug, but the new diamonds still have 'Murican textures. :P Anyways, it's just a pre-release, though.... ::)
You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

-Ocean Quigley

MandelSoft

Quote from: Geometry123 on January 10, 2014, 01:36:29 AM
Not a bug, but the new diamonds still have 'Murican textures. :P Anyways, it's just a pre-release, though.... ::)

Which diamond intersections are we talking about precisely?
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Geometry123

The new half-diamonds, to be exact... ::)

Other pieces/networks that don't have a Euro texture yet...

* Most of the FARHW Half-Diamond pieces.
* MIS Y-splits.
* Diagonal FlexRamp Types A1 and B1.
* FlexRamp Type A2, B2, D2, E2.
* A tile of the Flex RHW-6S Type D1.

* RHW-6S Lane Shift and Dual Lane Shift.
* Draggable Road/AVE/OWR viaducts.
* AVE-6/TLA-7 TuLEP Type A1.

-Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

The quarter-diamond QuickChanges have no unique instances in them--they're constructed entirely with existing pieces.

-Alex

old joe

i don't know where to put this, so here )
my double height bullet train station doesn't work :'(
traffic just cannot pass this station, without it all trains run smooth
some other side pieces maybe, but i can't find it
i tried lay monorails beneath it, didn't helped
and when i roll over some other double-height pieces on that BTstation it causes CTD instantly

z

Geometry123

Quote from: old joe on January 10, 2014, 12:27:41 PM
i don't know where to put this, so here )
my double height bullet train station doesn't work :'(
traffic just cannot pass this station, without it all trains run smooth
some other side pieces maybe, but i can't find it
i tried lay monorails beneath it, didn't helped
and when i roll over some other double-height pieces on that BTstation it causes CTD instantly

I think the reason traffic cannot pass through your station is that you forgot to transit enable the station. To transit enable the station, simply drag monorail through it. And yes, it will crash when you hover a puzzle piece over a transit enabled lot. It's a well known bug, and can't be fixed without modifying the EXE, unfortunately... :)

-Ocean Quigley

Durfsurn

Couple more bugs (possibly already reported if so sorry :) ) I go here.

1. No paths on OxD crossing of Rail and RHW-3

added as issue #209 ~ memo

2. Not quite as important another DEFCON 5/6 thing with aethestics but there are no RRW textures for OxD crossing of El-RHW in this case L1 RHW-4

wasso38

i got problems in the NAM radius curves. here's the photo: you can see. it's not working. when i was installed the NAM 31.2. and SFBT Euro Textures Mod. it's working. but it's not working in NAM 32 PR1.  &mmm

memo

Quote from: wasso38 on January 11, 2014, 12:47:01 AM
i got problems in the NAM radius curves. here's the photo: you can see. it's not working. when i was installed the NAM 31.2. and SFBT Euro Textures Mod. it's working. but it's not working in NAM 32 PR1.  &mmm

What do you mean exactly that is not working?