• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Translation request for Cogeo's RTMT

Started by RippleJet, July 18, 2007, 01:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ennedi

@cogeo,

I downloaded all three zip files and replaced old files by them. But I don't see any changes in their descriptions in game.
I removed also the RTMTV3_LocaleUS.

What could it be wrong?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

vester

If have understood the principles of this right, you just install one of the language files, the polish in your case.

cogeo

Is Polish your default language? That is all ingame labels are in Polish?

I dunno, it should automatically display Polish in this case.

@vester: No, you install them all (the single datfile containing all translations) and the game should pick your language

I don't know if the English text must be at some specific Group ID, but the one I used is the most commonly used in simcitylocale.dat.
Maybe RippleJet could give a hand.

vester

cogeo

@vester, is your installation Danish, or you have set it to English?
In the former case could you give it a try? You don't need to change anything in your installation (you can even leave RTMTV3_Locale_US.dat installed), just install the file with the translations, the IDs are the same since the first version.

Andreas

@cogeo: The German translation shows up fine in the game. :)
Andreas

RippleJet

Ennedi, Vester and all other testers!
You need to have the file RTMTV3_Locale.DAT in your plugins folder as well.
That file is not included in Cogeo's upload. It is attached to this post.

When I play with them, I get Swedish texts! ;)

However, I also noticed that I've made some of the names too long, eg. "Busshållplats/tunnelbanestation" ("Bus/Subway Station").
Such a long name won't show up completely in the query header and will get cut into two lines in the item description.

I will shorten the swedish and finnish names to avoid that. ;)

cogeo

Something weird is going on here. Checked the Schloss Schönbrunn plugin, and while the properties in the building exemplar reference group 0x0A554AE0, there are no LTEXTs in the 0x0A554AE0 group. Instead there are English names in the 0x0A554AE1 (US) and 0x0A554AE2 (UK) groups.

RTMT buildings reference group 0x0A554AE0 as well. But RTMTV3_Locale.dat does contain (English) LTEXTs in the 0x0A554AE0 group. Maybe the game will display these strings if the group ID is matched exactly. I think we should change the group ID from 0x0A554AE0 to 0x0A554AE1 for English, and duplicate them as 0x0A554AE2 for UK English (the other offsets are OK) so as to be consistent.

Maybe this is why Ennedi can't see Polish.
Andreas, are you sure you haven't forgotten RTMTV3_Locale_DE.dat (or the German translation you made) in your plugins? These use group ID 0x0A554AE0 as well.

RippleJet

Quote from: cogeo on August 06, 2007, 02:47:46 PM
Something weird is going on here. Checked the Schloss Schönbrunn plugin, and while the properties in the building exemplar reference group 0x0A554AE0, there are no LTEXTs in the 0x0A554AE0 group. Instead there are English names in the 0x0A554AE1 (US) and 0x0A554AE2 (UK) groups.

:D Yes, Cogeo. And that is mentioned in my tutorial as well: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=532.0

RTMT buildings reference group 0x0A554AE0 as well. But RTMTV3_Locale.dat does contain (English) LTEXTs in the 0x0A554AE0 group. Maybe the game will display these strings if the group ID is matched exactly. I think we should change the group ID from 0x0A554AE0 to 0x0A554AE1 for English, and duplicate them as 0x0A554AE2 for UK English (the other offsets are OK) so as to be consistent.

No, the LTEXT file with GID 0x0A554AE0 will be used for all language offsets that are missing, eg. US English, UK English, Korean and Thai.
If you replace the GID 0x0A554AE0 with GIDs 0x0A554AE1 and 0x0A554AE2, then Korean and Thai users won't get any texts at all.

Andreas

Andreas, are you sure you haven't forgotten RTMTV3_Locale_DE.dat (or the German translation you made) in your plugins? These use group ID 0x0A554AE0 as well.

No, I didn't have the German plugin installed, only the locale file RippleJet compiled, and he used the group ID 0x0A554AE4 for the German LTEXT files. As he said, it is advisable to use the default group ID for the English texts, since this will ensure that those are displayed if someone has a language version installed that isn't supported by the translations. Unless you want specific translations for UK and US English, you can simply leave out those two.
Andreas

Ennedi

Everything OK (almost  ;D)

1. Of course I'm an idiot. I removed RTMTV3_Locale_US.dat and didn't install RTMTV3_Locale.dat. I invented it before reading your answers (but it's a very little satisfaction  :D).
2. The current situation:
All descriptions in transport menu are correct  :thumbsup:
After plopping lots - when I place arrow over "Bus station - road 2x1" and "Bus/subway station - road 2x1" I don't see the description (and only in these two places). But after clicking them, descriptions are correct.
3. I don't see any tram stop, and I think it should be in "AGLR tram stop" - this one without bus and subway. There are no tram lots in your RTMTV3, so I made an experiment putting your "GLR stations and Hubs" into the RTMTV folder, in the same place than other models and lots. But the situation didn't change.
I still have these stations and hubs in game as separate objects.
New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

cogeo

Ennedi, nice to see that it finally works!

2. These two stations do not have anything special, they are just like all other stops and stations, only they are 2x1 tiles large. I don't understand what exactly you mean, what's the "description" that doesn't show? The menu description (buttons), the hover mini-query, or the main (big) query? For the mini query to appear, the player has to hover the "main" building of the lot. The RTMTV3 lots don't have a visible "main" building, but the busstop shelter, the subway entrance and the tram shelter act like the "main" building, ie hovering any of these should cause the mini query to appear. You have to install a set of bus and subway propfiles for these props to appear. If you don't have these installed, better run one of the prop installers. Could you please check this (or else explain the problem you are facing better)?
3. You don't see a tram stop prop because no such prop was included in the files I uploaded, and this is normal. But clicking on the lot should display the full query, and the description tells you what the lot is. Also "GLR stations and Hubs" is a completely irrelevant pack, and it's installation location should not affect RTMT anyway.

So it seems that it works. Please check the points mentioned above and tell me if everyhting is OK. I think it is, but I would like this confirmed by you (and from anybody else facing problems).

Ennedi

@cogeo, thank you for the explanation!

Here is my report (a lot of small pictures  :D)

1. Everything OK in the transport menu

2. Problem with road stations 2x1:

Road 1x1 - after pointing the arrow on it I see the description (my English is poor, if I don't use the proper name, improve me please)

But here (Bus Stop Road 2x1) I don't see it

However, after clicking it, the query is OK

I can also see all prop descriptions

I have such situation only with Bus Stop - Road 2x1 and Bus/Subway Stop - Road 2x1. Everything else (Alley 2x2 too) is OK.

3. Alley with GLR: The description shows "One Way Road" instead of Alley with GLR or something similar. Is it OK?

But the query shows correct what is it:

4. I have too long text in three queries: on the last picture above and on these two:

I could improve it if it wouldn't be too much work for RippleJet - what do you think?
And I think it would be good to calculate the maximum text length to avoid such situation in future translations  :D

New Horizons Productions

RippleJet

Quote from: Ennedi on August 07, 2007, 01:45:16 PM
I could improve it if it wouldn't be too much work for RippleJet - what do you think?
And I think it would be good to calculate the maximum text length to avoid such situation in future translations  :D

I've already changed the Swedish and Finnish names, so if you reupload the Polish translation, I'll include that one as well ;)

Andreas

Quote from: Ennedi on August 07, 2007, 01:45:16 PM
3. Alley with GLR: The description shows "One Way Road" instead of Alley with GLR or something similar. Is it OK?

Yes, this is ok, since it always shows the network that has been used for dragging through the lot in order to activate the automata paths. For similar reasons, the ped-mall puzzle pieces show "road", since there's obviously no ped-mall in the game, but they're merely modified road puzzle pieces.
Andreas

cogeo

As Andreas said, the query on GLR-in=Avenue stations says "One-way Road", because these are transit-enabled as one-way roads. It could be avenue but laying a 2x2 stretch of avenue (it looks circular) on these stations is very hard and tricky, plus the pack contains 1x2 stations (Bus, Subway) for which laying a one-tile long stretch of avenue would be impossible. So I used one-way roads (avenues can be seen as two one-way roads put together anyway  ;)).

As for your problem, I believe this is something specific to your installation. The file technically looks OK. I made two tests:
- Copied the Polish LTEXTs as group 0x0A554AE1 (US) and I saw the Polish text.
- Changed HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Maxis\SimCity 4\1.0\Language in the registry to 14 (hex) and I saw the Polish text again.
The hover mini-query was displayed normally in both cases.

Does anybody else face this problem as well?

Also could any other player with a Polish Installation test this?

As said above, this looks like specific to your installation. I would like to ask you some questions to help track the problem down:
- Have you tried modding this, are there any modified RTMT files in your Plugins folder? Having an older file shouldn't be a problem, as these (and their IDs) haven't changed since their release. Have you left any other language file in your plugins folders (eg your Polish-only file)?
- Is the query shown in the fourth pic being displayed when clicking on the 2x1 busstop or instead on the 1x1 one? It says (Droga) not (Droga, 2x1).
- What do you mean by "after clicking it, the query is OK", after clicking on the lot causes the mini query to be displayed then normally, or clicking on the lot causes the full query to be displayed (despite that the mini query is not)?
- What are the values in registry entries HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Maxis\SimCity 4\1.0\Language and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Maxis\SimCity 4\1.0\LanguageName in your installation?
- If you delete RTMTV3_Locale.dat and install RTMTV3_Locale_US.dat in its place, can you see the mini-query (in English)?
- If you revert back to the older version of RTMT (V3.10) can you see the mini-query?
- If you revert back to the older version of RTMT (V3.10) and install RTMTV3_Locale.dat instead of RTMTV3_Locale_US.dat, can you see the mini query (in Polish)?

Maybe the above could help isolate the problem.

Ennedi

@Cogeo,

First of all I want to say everything is OK now  ;D But there was a problem (you are right, it's my problem, not RTMTV) and I don't know why it happened.

What I did?
I checked everything what you said.

1. Registry entries OK. Language = 0x00000014 (20), LanguageName = Polish.
QuoteIs the query shown in the fourth pic being displayed when clicking on the 2x1 busstop or instead on the 1x1 one? It says (Droga) not (Droga, 2x1).
Yes, it was my mistake. I didn't see neither mini query before clicking, nor the full query after clicking on 2x1 bus stop. My mistake was caused by plopping two stops (1x1 and 2x1) too close.

QuoteHave you tried modding this, are there any modified RTMT files in your Plugins folder?
No.
QuoteHave you left any other language file in your plugins folders (eg your Polish-only file)?
No.

QuoteWhat do you mean by "after clicking it, the query is OK", after clicking on the lot causes the mini query to be displayed then normally, or clicking on the lot causes the full query to be displayed (despite that the mini query is not)?
Now I use terms "mini query" - displayed by pointing arrow on the lot, and "full query" displaying after clicking. I didn't see any of them (see point 2), but I thought I didn't see the mini query and see the full query after clicking.

5. I made the following changes:
RTMTV 350 + Locale_US
RTMTV 3.10 + Locale_US
RTMTV 3.10 + Locale
and I still wasn't able to see queries on these two road bus stops.

6. At the end, I plopped Road Bus Stop 2x1 on the new place. And... :D

(You see here Locale_US, but the new Locale is OK too - I see Polish queries.)

Next, I destroyed two road stops without queries and plopped them again in the same place (on the road) Now I see all queries.

But I didn't see them earlier. Why? I don't know. But the most important thing now is your RTMTV and Locale are OK :thumbsup:

Thanks for very precise analysis!
New Horizons Productions

cogeo

@Ennedi: Nice to hear that everything works now!

So we are mostly done. I have finished packaging (both the ZIP and the Installer version) and I'm awaiting the final translations. I could even release them tomorrow.

RippleJet

If Ennedi could post his corrected Polish translation here (those with shorter names), I'll upload the final RTMT_Locale.DAT for you, Cogeo! :)

Ennedi

@RippleJet: Yes he could, but he need some time  :D I will start doing it now
New Horizons Productions