• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RMIP-3 Large Airport Edition vol. 1

Started by Gwail, February 12, 2009, 04:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tag_one

Ennedi

&dance &dance &dance

It is difficult to imagine how much work needed these lights  $%Grinno$% (I observed some of Chris' work at the beginning and I know a bit about it  ::))
The final effect will be stunning. Great work Chris!  :thumbsup:

Adam

PS. Chris, you get Karma from me for this brilliant example of an extreme engineering  :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Gilikov1994

@Gwail: I've patience .. :thumbsup: and I very like the new releases!!
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

figui

after a very looong absence in the forums, i came back to find this extremely superb project! so wow, thank you!

mauricio.

i needed to suscribe to this thread.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

KoV Liberty

Very nice! The white lights remind me of GTAIV. Lol.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Gwail

Thank you all, glad you like it.

Adam, thanks twice :). Indeed, it's extremely engineered. The light contains two props - for day and night, via RKT-4. The day prop is standard, the night prop is completely remoded - custom LODs, modded s3d files, replaced all the FSH files. Although it wouldn't be possible without Jeronij's first version. I still wonder how to use his base lamp props, as the 3DS Max rendered them much better than the BAT Tool.

Alex, lol. I knew there was something wrong with that green color...  ;D.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

pilotdaryl

The way the taxiways are put together are very interesting, unique and inspiring!  The runway/taxiway lights look really good too, especially with the new night light effects, though they seem dastardly small :P
As far as taxiway entrances go though, will the lots include provisions for those flashing yellow lights that are on the taxiway or alongside as is standard with every runway-taxiway entrance?  The runway centreline lights also look like the flashing in-game ones, though I'm confident that you'll be replacing those as well.  I'm one of those hoping this turns out really well :D

abcd

Hey what happened to the the diagonal runways which were made a while ago? Any chance for a release?

Gwail

Pilotdaryl - so far only the red-green aboveground lights are on the table, the rest is untouched, but will use the same technique (both inground and aboveground lights). The size of light glows is equal to the standard Maxis effects, I will take care to make new lights more visible in zoom 4-3. At the same time we work on the light animations, for the new ALSF system mostly.

abcd - if you're talking about n-RMIP Wide and Diagonal Runways by Dedgren - yes, the project is being revised and prepared for the further work.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

Jack Bauer

You have been doing such a great work on these new runways! it's gonna be wonderful to make airports. and it sounds great that you are about to make diagonal runways too.

taner

Korot

Quote from: taner on February 09, 2010, 04:21:57 AM
we can download?

No we can't, it is still being tested. When can we download it? No-one knows, it will be ready when it is ready.

Regards,
Korot

ShadeSlayer

How's progress going? Just post production now?

A quick question--is this project going to include intersection solutions for RMIP-2->RMIP-3?

GMT

Great progress with the wider runways. They will come very handy once released.

I have another question myself, tho I think I'm not the only one with it:
Are there any plans for diagonal runways like 45 135 and so on?

... really, it is. I swear.

Gwail

Sorry to disappoint you, but I haven't touched almost anything about the game for last two months and so far there aren't too much chances do to so, the RL hits hardly :).

Alex, the RMIP-3.1 will contain the RMIP-2 intersection lots.

GMT, as I've stated several times, there will be diagonals - both dedgren's n-RMIP Wide and Diagonal and diagonal concrete 150 ft.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

GMT

Quote from: Gwail on February 22, 2010, 11:47:00 PM
[...]
GMT, as I've stated several times, there will be diagonals - both dedgren's n-RMIP Wide and Diagonal and diagonal concrete 150 ft.

Looks like I missed that info. Thanks for mentioning it (again).
Now I got something to look forward to  &apls

... really, it is. I swear.

bobthebobthe

i_love_lamp

nice bra! I love the work that yall r doin here

Koekie01

I'm looking forward to the release, I'm very curious!

Good luck, I'm hoping it won't take long, but you're right, it must be perfect!  ()stsfd()

Koekie

jdenm8

Any news on progress or is RL still kicking?  &mmm

I am very interested in this project (The RMIP-2 runways are really too narrow for anything larger than a regional jet) and hope to see it hit completion.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley